ADVERTISEMENT

Story: Pitchers trying to minimize walks heading into Kentucky series

Our freshman pitchers are aiming the ball and pitching tight. They could get away with in high school but this ain't high school. They'll grow out it though.

Reactions: rogue cock
My suggestion is stop throwing waste pitches that the batter in no way is going to swing at.

Like the patented low and away pitch on almost every 0-2 count? I swear if I were an opposing hitter, I would stand straight up with one hand on the bat if I got that count against us. We're that predictable.

Like the patented low and away pitch on almost every 0-2 count? I swear if I were an opposing hitter, I would stand straight up with one hand on the bat if I got that count against us. We're that predictable.
My kids had to run poles in high school if they threw a hittable ball with a 0-2 count. The ability to come back after a throwaway pitch soon came with that demand. Kinda makes me wonder what these guys were doing in high school.

Reactions: 92Pony
My kids had to run poles in high school if they threw a hittable ball with a 0-2 count. The ability to come back after a throwaway pitch soon came with that demand. Kinda makes me wonder what these guys were doing in high school.

Yeah we've just become so predictable with it. I swear in the last several years I've only seen three different strikes with 0-2 counts.

Yeah we've just become so predictable with it. I swear in the last several years I've only seen three different strikes with 0-2 counts.
One of the telling things for me in the UNC game was when Cullen tried to bunt. That pitcher kept everything in the top part of the zone when he showed bunt. He threw exactly what he was supposed to. Pretty sure he wasn't even a weekend pitcher. At that moment, I envied them.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
Lexington has a winter storm watch in effect for tonight and tomorrow.

Agreed. Equally maddening as a walk (unless it's to the #9 hitter - nothing tops that), is giving up a basehit to a batter 0-2. 0-2 count, let's see if he'll chase something out of the zone. 1-2 nibble at a corner to get him to chase and either swing & miss, hit it poorly, or get punched out. 2-2 pitch, let's go get him with a swing & miss pitch. That was my philosophy.

Reactions: bucketdad
Agreed. Equally maddening as a walk (unless it's to the #9 hitter - nothing tops that), is giving up a basehit to a batter 0-2. 0-2 count, let's see if he'll chase something out of the zone. 1-2 nibble at a corner to get him to chase and either swing & miss, hit it poorly, or get punched out. 2-2 pitch, let's go get him with a swing & miss pitch. That was my philosophy.

That's all we ever do. And no one ever chases it. The scouting report is out on us.

That's all we ever do. And no one ever chases it. The scouting report is out on us.
That's what *most* people do. I don't think it's a great revelation if opposing teams think we're going to pitch that way. I'd much, much rather occasionally get a guy to swing at one out of the zone (however rare it might be) than give up an 0-2 HR, double, or *any* hit. JMO

That's what *most* people do. I don't think it's a great revelation if opposing teams think we're going to pitch that way. I'd much, much rather occasionally get a guy to swing at one out of the zone (however rare it might be) than give up an 0-2 HR, double, or *any* hit. JMO

I'd settle for something high and inside. Just something different than the same ol, same ol.

This is difficult to watch. They are pitching to avoid the bat. That’s not how you pitch.

absolutely Pathetic, six walks through 2-1/3 innings... WOW, this game is over EARLY... I guess i will re-watch the masters highlights.. SAD SAD SAD how bad this team has become!!
OMG, just Walked in another run, it is getting laughable!! Double, 3 more score.... See you. This team is absolutely Un Watchable... They cant score 3 themselves, then they give up 7 with 4 hits..

OMG, just Walked in another run, it is getting laughable!! Double, 3 more score.... See you. This team is absolutely Un Watchable... They cant score 3 themselves, then they give up 7 with 4 hits..
hey the girls are up 2-0 top of 7 on #20 Arkansas... can we get a few of them moved over to the Baseball team??

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT