ADVERTISEMENT

Tank Bigsby and Bo Nix both entered the portal today.

We have a solid RB room, but if there’s interest, do you take tank?? Does that upset the current room? (I’m guessing he doesn’t want to come into a room as crowded as ours.)

We have a solid RB room, but if there’s interest, do you take tank?? Does that upset the current room? (I’m guessing he doesn’t want to come into a room as crowded as ours.)
Of course not, why would we want both of the last two SEC rushing leaders, I'd much rather watch him go to UGA so our LBs can get another chance to stop him, I'm sure there is no way that works out terribly. Jk, it's RB, you need a few, but we'd probably lose Amos to the portal.

Guess they didn’t like the new coach.
College football is so crazy. Think about it....Auburn was literally one or 2 plays from pulling a huge upset vs Bama. They totally out-played them. If they had pulled that game out, which they easily could have done, the entire energy around their program right now is completely different. Fans are mad. I wish our fans would get as mad about a loss to our rival.

I would take both. Tank is a guaranteed 1,000 yard rusher, and Nix is a great, but inconsistent qb. He has a little Manziel flash, without the Manziel scumbag.

It would be nice to repay Auburn for Kenny Irons. Holtz benched him for a fumble, and he returned with Auburn and rushed for over 200 yards on us. Since White is leaving, Tank would be a great addition; especially since Lloyd hasn't been as good as advertised.
Kenny Irons barely played at all here. He wasn’t really benched as he was never the starter. He was buried behind Summers, Boyd, and Turman on the depth chart. Over 2 years he had 66 rushing attempts for 252 yards. And what happened was he refused to go in when Holtz tried to put him in.

He also never rushed for over 200 yards against us. In fact, he didn’t rush for over 200 yards total in the 2 games he played against us. He did have 117 in the second one (2006)…27 at Auburn (2005).

Kenny Irons (here) would never have been the Kenny Irons we saw at Auburn…we didn’t have the beef up front like they did. They were churning out NFL RB’s annually during that time.

Last edited:
Tank is a hard nosed RB. His average yards per carry is around 5. He would probably be a great asset in redzone situations.

I know sometimes this portal stuff is a little bit fun to watch other teams suffer through but the rate at which its being used is really going to become an annoyance to me as a fan if it continues like this.
I get these kids "should have the right to move same as a coach can" but the reality of that is you end up with more of a pro sports free agent feel to your teams roster and i just think it will have overall long-term negative impact on college sports

Tank was highly recruited and many of us thought he was coming here. I would love to have him in the garnet and black. He’s one heck of a running back, and the aubie oc helped us get to bowl eligibility by not running him more against us. He’ll be an asset no matter where he goes.

With Lebby following Venables back to OU I suspect that Dillon Gabriel from UCF may not go to Ole Miss (though I doubt he will go to OU either). I would be very, very amused if Ole Miss took Nix and he had a massive season under Kiffin, would be sweet, served cold revenge for the whole Senator Tuberville “Pine Box” fiasco back in the day.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT