ADVERTISEMENT

Tate Martel eligible immediately @ Miami

Yep, BS!!!?? This pisses me off! NCAA just lost all power and respect. It's bonafide free market now! This was a bad day in college sports! I hated Belk forgiveness, then I hated Fields worse, now it's a "free for all"!

I don't think any of them met the requirements!!!

It's an open free agency trade market now. This is the demise of college football. It better rieghn in now or sports as we know them are done.i hate NCAA, they are too weak to maintain equality

Does it ever occur to anyone that....that's their goal? The, err umm, "highly educated" people at the NCAA are most definitely "anti - violent sports" nut jobs. When you look at it that way, it makes perfect sense. My .02 cents.

Yes. That's always been the case. Scholarships get revoked and players get asked to transfer all the time. That's common knowledge among people who follow college football.
I wouldn't say all the time. Who's the last Gamecock to be processed?
For the record, I'm not for any particular side here. Just asking questions for the sake of discussion.

And Martell is a douche bag. A cancer. Talented, but not sure I would want him on my team. Watched a series on Netflix that covered the senior years in high school of several QB's. He was on there. Frohm from UGA and a couple other. Have rarely seen a kid more entitled, that could care less about his teammates and coaches. He gets it honest as his parents are the same exact way. He's a punk. When rumors floated that Fields might go to OSU he was tweeting about how the job was his and Fields could come if he wanted. The moment it became official he ran to transfer as soon as he could. He's a talented player. But the type of kid that can also tear a program down.
You mean the way fields ran from Georgia when he couldn't beat out jake

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
After that SMU fiasco back in the 80's, its as if the NCAA has lost its balls so to speak. Lord knows they were wwwaaayyyyy too heavy with the lessor rent deal a few of our guys had a few years back, but since the beheading if SMU, no "guilty as charged" college football program has been even remotely penalized within 1/10th of similar severity!!
Change "they" to "we" and you'd be correct....we self-imposed that penalty, They simply accepted.

Reactions: Gaimcock
If they can leave whenever they want, can schools send them packing whenever they want?
Edit: actually they've been able to transfer. They just had to sit a year.

Been done often. After let's say that redshirt freshman year when the coaches have decided a player wasn't going to work out like they hoped, been many a conversation telling the player that the best he can probably ever hope for is the scout team. Do they run him off? Not really. But they crush the dreams of ever playing. One reason folks wonder what happened when they pick up the paper and wonder why the linebacker they we're hoping to see great things from when recruited a year ago is suddenly transferring to Gardner Webb.

I wouldn't say all the time. Who's the last Gamecock to be processed?
For the record, I'm not for any particular side here. Just asking questions for the sake of discussion.

Usually those transfers aren't published as "USC coaches forced this player to transfer" but in the past year we had Charleston, Harvey, Williams, and Blackshear transfer. Personally, I don't know the actual conversations that went on between the player and coach that leads to that decision. I would bet though that sometimes its the player that wants to leave, sometimes it's the coaches nudging the players to look elsewhere.

We usually don't go this route, but it seems like news similar to this coming out of Clemson or UGA is usually followed by "He was never going to see the field.. the coaches pushed him in that direction."

If you want to see players getting pushed out the door, watch our basketball attrition in any given off season. Gueye and Doumbia would be the most recent that come to mind.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
Usually those transfers aren't published as "USC coaches forced this player to transfer" but in the past year we had Charleston, Harvey, Williams, and Blackshear transfer. Personally, I don't know the actual conversations that went on between the player and coach that leads to that decision. I would bet though that sometimes its the player that wants to leave, sometimes it's the coaches nudging the players to look elsewhere.

We usually don't go this route, but it seems like news similar to this coming out of Clemson or UGA is usually followed by "He was never going to see the field.. the coaches pushed him in that direction."

If you want to see players getting pushed out the door, watch our basketball attrition in any given off season. Gueye and Doumbia would be the most recent that come to mind.
Solid post

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT