ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee fans

I don’t like it win our fans throw stuff. It’s is extremely stupid. However, I don’t ever remember that much stuff or that long of a delay. I also know you have idiots that cheer when players get hurt, but not like when that place erupted when Corrall got hurt.

Reactions: USCBatgirl21
Kiffin got hit with a golf ball, there were mustard bottles etc thrown, and someone could have gotten seriously hurt. There was also a loud and sustained booing when Kiffin first walked on to the field.

I don’t like it win our fans throw stuff. It’s is extremely stupid. However, I don’t ever remember that much stuff or that long of a delay. I also know you have idiots that cheer when players get hurt, but not like when that place erupted when Corrall got hurt.
I love watching Corrall play, he should win the Heisman.

Reactions: garnet_reign
Kiffin got hit with a golf ball, there were mustard bottles etc thrown, and someone could have gotten seriously hurt. There was also a loud and sustained booing when Kiffin first walked on to the field.

BOTTLE - NOT BOTTLE(S) - AS IN SINGULAR. And we Boo every team that comes on the field. Did you expect them to throw him roses??

Do you not think that BOBO will get the same???

Reactions: Dr. Curmudgeon
BOTTLE - NOT BOTTLE(S) - AS IN SINGULAR. And we Boo every team that comes on the field. Did you expect them to throw him roses??

Do you not think that BOBO will get the same???
LOL!! Ohhhhh….. since it was ONE, mustard bottle then it’s fine. :D:D:D

I sincerely hope our fans don’t behave like that.

Reactions: jonesz21
LOL!! Ohhhhh….. since it was ONE, mustard bottle then it’s fine. :D:D:D

I sincerely hope our fans don’t behave like that.

No, it's not fine. But one mustard bottle is not BOTTLES. And our fans did that against clemsux in 2019 with water bottles. Not to the extent that the Vols did last night, but it was played up in the media just like this is going to be.

Worst fan base in college football....had a friend at the game said it was rediculous. hundreds of bottles raining down and other objects...he is ashamed to be a vol fan.

Wait.......Ours fans have also been known to throw stuff onto the field
I have watched lots of football games, college and NFL, where fans have thrown stuff onto the field. It happens everywhere. But I have never seen a game where as much stuff was thrown onto the field as at the Tennessee game last night. I've never seen the home team's cheerleaders and band evacuated from the stadium over safety concerns. I think the delay was just over 20 minutes. I've never heard game announcers seriously discuss calling the game due to the chaos in the stadium. Gamecock fans have never done anything like that. Heck, Philadelphia Eagles fans have never done anything like that.

I would require UT to add a one-time $500 increase to the VOL Club or whatever they call it or a one-time $500 increase per ticket to one quality game next year, as punishment. If that does not deter VOL fans from doing this sort of thing again, nothing will. Hit them where it hurts.....the wallet.

No, it's not fine. But one mustard bottle is not BOTTLES. And our fans did that against clemsux in 2019 with water bottles. Not to the extent that the Vols did last night, but it was played up in the media just like this is going to be.

Play it up? Dude it was coming down for 20 minutes. They even were throwing stuff at their own sideline. They hit cheerleaders with stuff. It was said kiffin got hit in the head by something when he was going in the tunnel.

But sure, it's just "the usual".

Play it up? Dude it was coming down for 20 minutes. They even were throwing stuff at their own sideline. They hit cheerleaders with stuff. It was said kiffin got hit in the head by something when he was going in the tunnel.

But sure, it's just "the usual".
Yes, I watched the entire thing as it was happening. They showed one mustard bottle, not mustard bottles. And he didn't get hit in the head going into the tunnel. He actually caught a water bottle.

And I never used the word "usual" . You are just making up more stuff like the "It was said" -

I have watched lots of football games, college and NFL, where fans have thrown stuff onto the field. It happens everywhere. But I have never seen a game where as much stuff was thrown onto the field as at the Tennessee game last night. I've never seen the home team's cheerleaders and band evacuated from the stadium over safety concerns. I think the delay was just over 20 minutes. I've never heard game announcers seriously discuss calling the game due to the chaos in the stadium. Gamecock fans have never done anything like that. Heck, Philadelphia Eagles fans have never done anything like that.
I agree. I've never seen anything comparable.

I remember back in the 80’s when cleveland fans were throwing snowballs…

Yes, I watched the entire thing as it was happening. They showed one mustard bottle, not mustard bottles. And he didn't get hit in the head going into the tunnel. He actually caught a water bottle.

And I never used the word "usual" . You are just making up more stuff like the "It was said" -
I never said anything about mustard bottles. I also never said that you said "usual". I used the word on my own disgression. Reading comprehension, much?

At least I was honest with it being "it was said" and not claiming that I was certain of it by my own witness.

20 minutes of throwing stuff...and even after the game resumed the announcers commented that stuff was still coming down. Kiffin said that there was brown liquid in the bottles.

Let's also not forget that the fans were booing at their own team earlier at times as well and which led up to throwing stuff at them.

Don't downplay the situation just because stuff like this has happened before. That's not a mature perspective.

Last edited:
During last week's game one of the announcers said the Vols fans were very knowledgeable. I nearly spit out my drink. Having gone to several games there and listening to the call in shows after. And having been born 35 miles from Knoxville and still having family there....I can say unequivocally that they are the least educated fan base. Calling them hillbillies is actually a compliment

Reactions: TAV31
At least they weren’t throwing brick halves like European soccer fans used to. Then they put the German Shepherds and cops with batons on horses around the field and for some reason it stopped.

What can schools reasonably do to keep fans from throwing things onto the field? Anything?

Don't really see what good a fine does in this case.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cola G'Cock
The most frustrating thing about that whole episode was that I wanted to see the rest of the game as it was an exciting scenario, while at the same time I was thinking how deserving it would be to that subset of fans if they called the game and Ole Miss the winner b/c of them. Could you imagine the feeling that your behavior costed your team a chance to win?

The most frustrating thing about that whole episode was that I wanted to see the rest of the game as it was an exciting scenario, while at the same time I was thinking how deserving it would be to that subset of fans if they called the game and Ole Miss the winner b/c of them. Could you imagine the feeling that your behavior costed your team a chance to win?
UT still damn near won the game when they restarted it.

But yeah...it would send a very clear, and overdue IMO, message had they simply called the game. To ALL fanbases.

How about no fans allowed for the rest of the year? I know that's incredibly drastic and unfair to the super majority who did not participate. But that's a message that would definitely be received.
That's a bit extreme for a "first offense" IMO. But could certainly be a further punishment if it were to happen again. I'd even be willing to break it down. If it's primarily students, take their privileges away. If you can narrow it down to a certain section(s), take their tickets away for a game. But you'd need to make it a big game to get the point across. Happens again, stadium is played in front of empty seats.

The SEC said that they are reviewing their policy regarding this. As Jordan Rogers and whatshisname said Saturday night, if you can get fined for storming the field, you should be for this too.

Last edited:
How about no fans allowed for the rest of the year? I know that's incredibly drastic and unfair to the super majority who did not participate. But that's a message that would definitely be received.
I agree. Play stupid games win stupid prizes. Send a message, loud and clear.

How hard is it to act like a damn adult? I'm including our fans in there as well. You can boo all you want to (not my style, but you do you), but throwing shit on the field is about as childish and immature as you can get.

should of been a 5 yard delay of game penalty right off the bat. Then, the official should of kept giving them for each minute of delay. Fans would have started policing themselves real quick.

Reactions: cockofdawn
That's a bit extreme for a "first offense" IMO. But could certainly be a further punishment if it were to happen again. I'd even be willing to break it down. If it's primarily students, take their privileges away. If you can narrow it down to a certain section(s), take their tickets away for a game. But you'd need to make it a big game to get the point across. Happens again, stadium is played in front of empty seats.

The SEC said that they are reviewing their policy regarding this. As Jordan Rogers and whatshisname said Saturday night, if you can get fined for storming the field, you should be for this too.
I don’t see throwing things at players and coaches being the same as storming the field in celebration

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT