ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee is about to have the last laugh

That would not be good for us.
Honestly, it would be hard at this point to imagine Tennessee and Florida making a hire that would be _good_ for us. Almost anything they do will be better than where they are now because both programs are nearly at an all-time low. At they very least, they are way lower than they have been at any point since we've been in the SEC.

We were a goal-line stand away from losing to UT this year and struggled to put away a Gator team nobody else struggled with. If those two programs improve even moderately over the next couple of years, then that's going to raise the bar for Muschamp as well. If we stay stagnant, we'll find ourselves with a losing record in the conference really fast.

Honestly, it would be hard at this point to imagine Tennessee and Florida making a hire that would be _good_ for us. Almost anything they do will be better than where they are now because both programs are nearly at an all-time low. At they very least, they are way lower than they have been at any point since we've been in the SEC.

We were a goal-line stand away from losing to UT this year and struggled to put away a Gator team nobody else struggled with. If those two programs improve even moderately over the next couple of years, then that's going to raise the bar for Muschamp as well. If we stay stagnant, we'll find ourselves with a losing record in the conference really fast.
That’s the truth right there.

Tennessee first needs to fire their AD.

But botching coaching hires is nothing new for them, see Lane Kiffen, Derrick Dooley, Butch Jones.
Given their track record it wouldn't shock me if they took the interim tag off Brady Hoke.

That being said Gundy would probably do well for them and its is as close as they can probably get to a home-run hire after botching their coach search again.

Gruden isn't coming and UT fans need to accept this fact and move on. They also need to realize that job isn't as top shelf as it was 3 coaches ago. Whoever comes in is going to have to win and win fast.

Reactions: Brucifer
If Gundy wants to leave there are a dozen jobs he could go to tomorrow that are better than Tenn.

Vols are not a top 25 job and not top half of SEC as everyone thinks. No recruiting base and have not been able to raid NC and SC for the states top players as they did in Fulmer heyday. Gundy is an upgrade over Jones but then again so is a corpse

Don't forget the other constants: taxes and Clemson losing at UNC in MBB.
And an SC QB lining up under center then backing out and staring at the sideline, shrugging like they have no idea what is going on :)

'bout time somebody got you.
Of course most of us wouldn't know if you used one of those high fallutin' words inappropriately or not.

Well, I would because I looked them up. LOL! It's also the way that he uses words the words that is pretty cool, too. Like for instance, we were discussing WB and Gamecock football and he mentioned "when all you have to discuss is peripherals then that doesn't say much about the program". Never heard peripherals used in that manner and was quite impressed.

Last edited:
Reactions: king ward
I J ust saw a re-tweet where Gundy says "I'm a Cowboy for life". Looks like it's time for UT to move on to the next non-Gruden.

THIS IS GETTING VERY EMBARRASSING FOR UT. YOU OFFER TO PAY A COACH $8.4 MILLION AND HE TURNS IT DOWN. NOW THAT IS REALLY HITTING ROCK BOTTOM BUT I LOVE IT FOR UT.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
UT now is supposedly looking at Chad Morris, per Volnation.com. Boy that possibility is raising all sorts of stink.

In light of all that has happened why isn't UT looking at Norvell at Memphis? I just saw him in an interview and man I would be all over that guy.

Reactions: rogue cock
"Tennessee is about to have the last laugh."

58697284.jpg

Gundy told them no thanks tonight. 6 years 42 million. No thanks . his comment was cowboy for life. They are going to try and hire Chad Morris.

Gundy told them no thanks tonight. 6 years 42 million. No thanks . his comment was cowboy for life. They are going to try and hire Chad Morris.
Wow. Before long they’ll be looking to see if Butch wants his job back. No wonder it took so long to fire him they literally had no real lead on a new coach

Really surprised they are not looking at Venables. Has worked for Snyder, Stoops, and Dabo. Should have a good idea about running a program.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT