ADVERTISEMENT

The basketball program is definitely on the way up

Originally posted by Ruger .44:

Originally posted by trae172001:
Born absolutely should have been given more time. If nothing else for the good of the program. We can't expect coaches to come here if we don't allow for time to improve the program. I'm not ashamed at all for saying Horn should be given more time. It was the right thing to do. Luckily we got Martin and he's a better coach than Born for sure

I never called anyone stupid.

To the poster that wants me to think back to figure out who you are. You're nkt that important to me. Heck, you have a new handle so that says enough about you from the get go. That's just funny that you think I'd think enough of you or your opinion to remember you. Maybe give some good input and that will change. At this point, not so much.
I smell Cock Hudson !
This post was edited on 3/6 1:33 PM by uscbeckham

Lol, who's that Pepsi? Never heard of him. Must be irrelevant. Or is he one that can't keep from being banned simply because he can't fit in...

Oh, Loard.... Don't recall CH, please. ;-) I appreciated your post,

Trae. I also supported Horn... until I didn't. I just try very hard to support the coach, not knowing (as some obviously do more than I) what is going on behind the scenes.

As for Frank? I think he has done a very good job. I have enjoyed watching the big guys taking over some games, will miss Ty, love Carrera's hustle and fire.

Looking forward to seeing how they handle the tournament and next year.

GOCOCKS! BEATMO! BEATUT! BEATLSU!

We are currently an inch worm....Yes, we are better as a whole but what's the horizon? One more year seems about right...Frank is a very good coach. Is he a good fit? Maybe not but he deserves support for now.

Trae you are 100% right. This program is on the upswing. Tho so far the wins don't show it, the defense,hustle,and desire by coaches,players ect. do. I very much see the change and with improved shooting next year will be good. Anyone that doesn't see Frank Martins desire to win and his wanting the players doing their part, has never had a competitive bone in there body. Frank isn't going anywhere unless he chooses to. Ray Tanner see's it I can assure you. Even tho I was ready for Horn to go, I feel that with the past of Gamecock basketball, it was going to take more time than he had. I liked Horn as a person but feel he was over his head. I think Frank Martin is the man for this job and I'm one hundred percent behind him. You and I have a right to our opinion, but some people can't stand one different from their own. Love to see the moderators did their job.

Martin's substitution rotation during the 20 point comeback to go ahead by 11 was masterful...The way he kept the guys fresh was beautiful to watch. He can coach. His guys just ran out of gas.

People can complain about his coaching all they want, that's their choice... the facts are the "powers to be" will give Martin his full contract to show what he can do.. He aint going nowhere, unless HE chooses to do so.

This post was edited on 3/6 7:18 PM by bosoxcock

Originally posted by arealuscfan:
Trae you are 100% right. This program is on the upswing. Tho so far the wins don't show it, the defense,hustle,and desire by coaches,players ect. do. I very much see the change and with improved shooting next year will be good. Anyone that doesn't see Frank Martins desire to win and his wanting the players doing their part, has never had a competitive bone in there body. Frank isn't going anywhere unless he chooses to. Ray Tanner see's it I can assure you. Even tho I was ready for Horn to go, I feel that with the past of Gamecock basketball, it was going to take more time than he had. I liked Horn as a person but feel he was over his head. I think Frank Martin is the man for this job and I'm one hundred percent behind him. You and I have a right to our opinion, but some people can't stand one different from their own. Love to see the moderators did their job.[/B][/QUOTE] Do what?

The big thing is that Frank cares- he wants to play solid ball and win. He is passionate & I think a good coach. The armchair coaches need to settle down. Go Frank, go cocks! - Steve

NIT with a 500 record? You're high. Lose in the SEC Final, and look good getting there, maybe we can talk, but beating Missouri and losing in the second round isn't getting it done. The NIT might be the Not Invited Tournament, but they still have standards.

The SEC will likely send six teams to the NCAA Tourney. I see a solid chance that the NIT could take three SEC teams.

We could very likely end up in ninth place in the SEC with a win over Missouri. If Tennessee loses to Vandy, and Florida loses to Bama we are Ninth OVERALL WINS. Tenn and Florida would have losing records and the NIT, although not a rule since the NCAA bought the NIT, has never taken a team with a losing record.

A little history for you. A few years ago UNC made the NIT as 10th place ACC team with a 5-11, 16-16 record.

No doubt about it, GA win would go a long way to get us in, but with 16 we are not a log shot as some would think with 6 SEC teams in the Big Dance.

Originally posted by acekendrich:

NIT with a 500 record? You're high. Lose in the SEC Final, and look good getting there, maybe we can talk, but beating Missouri and losing in the second round isn't getting it done. The NIT might be the Not Invited Tournament, but they still have standards.
We win one game in the SEC Tourn. We get in the NIT.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT