ADVERTISEMENT

The Citadel 4 USC 3

Braswell came in, walked 2, balk, hit, intentional walk, hit, game over.

Last edited:
Reactions: cockofdawn
It's been a rough couple of weeks for him at the plate. Whatever he's been working on ain't working. Said to that he hadn't pitched in 9 days.
Probably not ideal to put a freshman that hasn’t pitched in almost two weeks in that situation.

He’s a phenomenal player and way too good to be that bad at the plate recently. It speaks volumes about what little we have around him that we ask him to do so much on this team.

I used to love watching the midweek game to see some young guys get playing time.

The last few years, you think you better watch if you want to see a win before the end of the week.

Thanks Ray.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
If we get swept this weekend, it would be a perfect time to make that early season firing. We'll have the first jump on hiring for this upcoming season. This year is definitely done. We need some of our wealthy baseball donors, alum, etc but us some elite players. I'm being serious. Use the NIL and put together a top 10 team. It's pretty much that simple with the new rules. Just gotta have the money backing it up.

If we get swept this weekend, it would be a perfect time to make that early season firing. We'll have the first jump on hiring for this upcoming season. This year is definitely done. We need some of our wealthy baseball donors, alum, etc but us some elite players. I'm being serious. Use the NIL and put together a top 10 team. It's pretty much that simple with the new rules. Just gotta have the money backing it up.
About a Couple weeks late IMO. He should have been Fired weeks ago!!

Reactions: Ratheolcoach
Well, the last couple of times we got first jump we just squandered it away and still ended up with bad coaches.....so thats that

What makes you think Tanner is the right guy to make the decision on yet another coach? What big name guy will get a huge raise leveraging interest from us this time?

What makes you think Tanner is the right guy to make the decision on yet another coach? What big name guy will get a huge raise leveraging interest from us this time?
IMO, we are at a depth and a time that warrants an interim. It doesnt really matter who it is at this point. The main thing is change. If things get worse, so be it but I doubt it can. Personally, I wouldn't be opposed to an interim for this year and the next if necessary. These hurry up hires are killing us. And if we can avoid Ray making the next permanent hire, all the better.

IMO, we are at a depth and a time that warrants an interim. It doesnt really matter who it is at this point. The main thing is change. If things get worse, so be it but I doubt it can. Personally, I wouldn't be opposed to an interim for this year and the next if necessary. These hurry up hires are killing us. And if we can avoid Ray making the next permanent hire, all the better.
I AGREE, I cant see it getting much worse, PULL THE PLUG now, and suffer the remaining 2022 season, It is gone already anyway!! They waited way too long to get rid of Martin, just remeber the definition of INSANITY!!

I AGREE, I cant see it getting much worse, PULL THE PLUG now, and suffer the remaining 2022 season, It is gone already anyway!! They waited way too long to get rid of Martin, just remeber the definition of INSANITY!!
You are right about Frank but for me it's double frustrating in baseball because you expect to be a big boy program but... you dont do what big boy programs would do. No other prominent baseball program would tolerate what we are tolerating so why are we? We either want to compete or we dont. I used to think we wanted to.

You are right about Frank but for me it's double frustrating in baseball because you expect to be a big boy program but... you dont do what big boy programs would do. No other prominent baseball program would tolerate what we are tolerating so why are we? We either want to compete or we dont. I used to think we wanted to.
I agree, this is the one Men's program that has accomplished Something.. to see a "National Back to Back champions" mens program fall so far so fast is nauseating..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT