ADVERTISEMENT

The most important thing we can do now is support the staff.

Mar 27, 2007
Corpus Christi, TX
All the bitching in the world will not change what is going on with the football staff. The best thing we can do now is to support the current staff. The early signing period is approaching and there are some key players that are still high on this staff. You might not be, but the fan base can/will have an effect on recruits. Take a breath and look at the big picture. If Will gets canned, we still need good players for the future staff to develop.

"Breathe deep the gathering gloom,
Watchlights fade from every room.
Bedsitter people look back and lament,
Another day's useless energy spent.
Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,
Lonely man cries for love and has none.
New mother picks up and suckles her son,
Senior citizens wish they were young.
Cold hearted orb that rules the night,
Removes the colours from our sight.
Red is grey and yellow white.
But we decide which is right.
And which is an illusion???"

Reactions: howard13 and Brace1
This is ridiculous. The only thing blind support does is show how naive our fanbase is. Keep supporting and Will Muschamp will keep coaching. Worrying about players not signing or transferring will be the same next year and the next year and the next year. If you make that BS excuse to show fake support for a pathetically failed head coach then we'll never get rid of him.

The best thing that can be done is stop all support now. The University of South Carolina DESERVES a better coach than Will Muschamp. Allowing him to make a 6th OC hire in 8 years and expecting a different result is utterly insane. I refuse to support that level of insanity.

#notadime is meant to signify that we are awake and not going to put up with this. We have a good ole boy country club that seemingly doesn’t give a damn about winning. We went 4-8 fired the strength coach and demoted the oc. It’s time to be serious about winning. At the moment, we aren’t.

All the bitching in the world will not change what is going on with the football staff. The best thing we can do now is to support the current staff. The early signing period is approaching and there are some key players that are still high on this staff. You might not be, but the fan base can/will have an effect on recruits. Take a breath and look at the big picture. If Will gets canned, we still need good players for the future staff to develop.

Congrats on being an original. Go to any board in America at this moment with a struggling program and you'll see this exact post. One in every bunch lol.....

Reactions: Brace1
You are stuck with Will for another year at a minimum. We can kick and scream all we want, but the fact of the matter is, he is the football coach. If it makes you feel better to bitch about it then bitch, but it will not change anything. The only option we have is to support this team and staff (with a couple of additions). Will has made his bed. We all know he will not get another pass.

I dont know about that pass. I have a very strong feeling that the bar Will needs to pass, especially if Ray has the leading voice in it, may end up being a lot lower than the fan base bar for getting a pass. While USC still has the games in the schedule they arent going to win next year, the rest of the schedule is easier than this years. No App St. Trade UNC for ECU. So I could easily see Muschamp going 6-6, 7-5, next year. At that point Ray points to progress made through stability. A return to the Belk Bowl while gaining little ground on relevant programs, but will be painted as reason enough to stay with the status quo. Just never forget that Ray is tied to Muschamp and he is going to dress up the slightest, even meaningless, improvement thr best he can

Last edited:
Reactions: back from the past
You are stuck with Will for another year at a minimum. We can kick and scream all we want, but the fact of the matter is, he is the football coach. If it makes you feel better to bitch about it then bitch, but it will not change anything. The only option we have is to support this team and staff (with a couple of additions). Will has made his bed. We all know he will not get another pass.
No kicking.No screaming.Just #notadime.

I dont know about that pass. I have a very strong feeling that the bar Will needs to pass, especially if Ray has the leading voice in it, may end up being a lot lower than the fact base expectation. While USC still has the games in the schedule they arent going to win next year, the rest of the schedule is easier than this years. No App St. Trade UNC for ECU. So I could easily see Muschamp going 6-6, 7-5, next year. At that point Ray points to progress made through stability. A return to the Belk Bowl while gaining little ground on relevant programs, but will be painted as reason enough to stay with the status quo

I agree with everything but the Belk Bowl. After that disaster it’s going to be about a decade or more before we go there again. Probably Birmingham or Shreveport next time...if we get to 6 wins. A big IF

I agree with everything but the Belk Bowl. After that disaster it’s going to be about a decade or more before we go there again. Probably Birmingham or Shreveport next time...if we get to 6 wins. A big IF

Dont disagree with that. Let's just say one of the jack leg bowls that nobody outside of a schools most ardent supporters pay any attention to. Regardless, Ray will point to it as proof that Will is headed for greatness.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
I do not think that the president’s comments about Tanner discussing buyout options were taken out of context. In my opinion Tanner and Will understand what is required next year for them to stick around. I think anything close to this years performance and we have a new staff for the 2021 season. I also think a 7-5 team that does not pass the eye test and fails to compete in every game, will result in a new staff. I guarantee, this president will not accept mediocracy. It is not in his DNA.

Dont disagree with that. Let's just say one of the jack leg bowls that nobody outside of a schools most ardent supporters pay any attention to. Regardless, Ray will point to it as proof that Will is headed for greatness.

Sadly I agree.

I don't believe in supporting any mismanaged organization on any level.
If it came down to it, having to sacrifice just one recruiting class for the overall betterment of the program would be worth it.

Reactions: Sumptacock
I do not think that the president’s comments about Tanner discussing buyout options were taken out of context. In my opinion Tanner and Will understand what is required next year for them to stick around. I think anything close to this years performance and we have a new staff for the 2021 season. I also think a 7-5 team that does not pass the eye test and fails to compete in every game, will result in a new staff. I guarantee, this president will not accept mediocracy. It is not in his DNA.

This is really where we are at this point in time. There is nothing else to say. The new president will eventually take control.

A question that I'd like to ask: does anyone think that Clemson would put up with a loser HC backed by an incompetent AD?

I'd venture a "No" myself, just wondering what the board might think.

And an answer might explain, partially, why they are who they are, and we...well, that part is evident.

This is a very well thought out, mature post. But it will go over like a lead balloon here with this crowd. Too many folks on this forum just want reasons to light their torches and sharpen their pitchforks.

Reactions: carolinamyke
Seriously with a post like this we knew the usual gamecock hating suspects would quickly jump in
Never fails

The best thing to do is stop giving them money until Tanner is gone. There were tons of better options to hire at head coach. He just doesn’t have any vision and apparently didn’t do a lot of research beyond his first two choices. We can’t let him handle the next search.

We should have been doing that all along.

Congrats on being an original. Go to any board in America at this moment with a struggling program and you'll see this exact post. One in every bunch lol.....
"OH NOES WHAT WILL THE RECRUITS THINK IF WE MAKE CHANGES NOW?!" is the same tired argument of people who like the status quo (a group that happens to include many Clemson fans).

If you think that I am happy with the irresponsible decision the administration made with Will's contract or how Ray has handle things, I promise you, I am not. In the military we call gaps in recruiting or training, notches. Those notches, or lack of trained personnel, make an impact for years. You saw this in Spurrier's decline. Now as the Seniors leave, the talent starts to decline. I actually feel like our talent is starting to increase, the last thing we need right now is our new recruits to jump ship or push potential top recruits away. One or two crappy recruiting classes will crush us, not now but when( if Will gets fired) we hire a new staff. We will not have the talent for them to succeed. It is a self licking ice cream cone. You see it a lot. New coach is hired, kicks ass for the first couple of years (previous staffs recruits) then falls flat on their face. The recovery takes years, or never happens. I am not a recruiting expert by any means, but If we can pull a couple of the remaining recruits, the future is bright.

In my opinion, the best thing the administration and Will can do is renegotiate the absurd contract they gave him. For me, it would give me confidence the staff is in this to win football games not to get rich. I do not think that is what Will is about, but let us hit the reset button and give the University of South Carolina the upper hand not Will. I think this stings the most. He has not earned that type of money. It is not like we will have a bunch of Universities coming to try and steal Will. I think we can all agree on that.

I agree. We do have to support the staff who are still here.

Also, I’d like to add that the “notadimers” are pretty hilarious! I’d love to see the donation history on any one of them. Probably next to nothing if anything at all! Total joke!

Yes recruits aren’t smart enough and we can fool them. Sigh

I agree. We do have to support the staff who are still here.

Also, I’d like to add that the “notadimers” are pretty hilarious! I’d love to see the donation history on any one of them. Probably next to nothing if anything at all! Total joke!

Possibly but what we do know is the staff and administration is.

I guess I am in the minority...Been pulling for SC since 1970 and I'm too old to switch things up. I'll support the coaching staff until they get fired. I would never pull for them to lose...doesn't mean I don't get upset or throw things at the TV. I guess what makes things worse is the success the other school is having, kind of like a double whammy. My hope is that Muschamp will figure things out. If not then on to the next coach. One of these days I'm hoping the Pres and the AD can find the right chemistry and get me a title before I'm too old to know what's going on. Go Cocks!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT