ADVERTISEMENT

The Official Capngamecock 2019-2020 Football Prediction

capngamecock

Apr 11, 2019
Upper Deck - West
vs. UNC (Charlotte) W 31-21 (1-0)
Not pretty but the cocks get the W. We have a great history winning openers and against UNC in general recently. It will be interesting to see how Mack Brown does in year 1 but I don't see him turning around that dumpster fire that quickly.
vs. Charleston Southern W 45-10 (2-0)
Hopefully Hilinski gets to play a solid quarter at the end.
vs. Bama L 38-13 (2-1 0-1 SEC)
Bet we get to see some highlights from 2010 pre-game at least
@ Mizzou W 27-21 (3-1 1-1 SEC)
Kelly Bryant hurts us with his legs, but his arm lets Mizzou down and he tosses up a couple picks. His passing ability was suspect at MooU and that was with 5* receivers running up and down the field. Hard to believe it will be much better with Mizzou's talent.
vs. Kentucky W 28-24 (4-1 2-1 SEC)
It's hard to give us the W here but its at home, and I think we finally get the monkey off our back. Kentucky lost a lot from last years team and I think this is finally the year for us. There's just no way they beat us 6 in a row....RIGHT?! I'm still not optimistic about this one.
@ UGA L 42-21 (4-2 2-2 SEC)
Similar situation to last year, we stay close early but UGA's depth and experience allows them to pull away in the 2nd half and coast to a W. Maybe next year at home...
vs. Florida L 27-24 OT (4-3 2-3 SEC)
Close game but we just don't pull it out. I see this game as a toss up, can't win all the toss ups.
@ Tenn W 28-27 (5-3 3-3 SEC)
Muschamp hasn't lost to Tenn yet as a head coach, I don't think he starts now. Another toss up type game, but give me the cocks on the road by 1.
vs. Vandy W 38-14 (6-3 4-3 SEC)
Similar game to last year. Don't think Vandy has the horses to stay with us and we continue our winning streak against them. Gets us bowl eligible. Maybe Hilinski can play a few series late in this one.
vs. App St. W 31-28 (7-3 4-3 SEC)
Whoever scheduled this game should be fired, no question. I don't think App St. has the ability to sneak up on teams anymore, we know they are good, and we know they can beat us. I think we prepare for this one like we would any SEC game and win a close one. Again, whoever scheduled this needs to go ASAP.
@ A&M L 34-20 (7-4 4-4 SEC)
Idk when we will ever beat these guys. Can we have arky back as our permanent SEC West opponent please?
vs. Taters L 45-28 (7-5 4-4 SEC)
Could be a long time til we beat these assholes again. It would take 4+ turnovers and another lights out offensive performance to pull this off. But crazier things have happened in college football right?
Texas Bowl vs. TCU W (8-5 4-4 SEC)
Hopefully a bowl win to give us some momentum into the offseason.

I tried to be as un-biased as possible but that's what I got. What say you?

Reactions: brianlafe
I tried to be as un-biased as possible but that's what I got.
If you're going unbiased as possible, you need to put us in a Outback/Liberty/Birmingham/Gator Bowl. People bring up that Texas Bowl every year but they never invite someone from the East

Reactions: Lakecock1
Vandy went there last year? And Mizzou the year before?
Didn't realize that; guess I talked a little out of my @ss then. Still every year people rumor us to that bowl and it doesn't happen so I think it's quite a longshot. I would be excited by the possibility though FWIW

Honestly I feel like these predictions are based off last years team talent. Basically getting blown out in every big game and barely pulling out a few games we should definitely win.

Defense will be much improved and have depth. I see similar W/L as you, but we better not get blown out by 20 to Bama, UGA and Clemson. Has to be the year to grab a signature win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT