ADVERTISEMENT

The Three Backs We Don’t Know

Cocky Hobbit

Dec 15, 2014
Juju is the real deal and so is Lloyd. We have Amos and two others. What can we expect from those three?

He 'slipped' in his media bowl interview that he wanted to show what he could do 'one last time.' He quickly added for the bowl for this season. But, I think he slipped and showed his hand. I would love to have him back, but it does seem as if he's gone.

I was excited about Juju ever since his commitment, and he hasn’t disappointed. I look forward to seeing what Lloyd can do as well. If Harris comes back, I’ll be ecstatic.
I was as excited about Lloyd as anyone when he signed; hoping he's just not up to speed yet from last year's injury because he reminds me for the world of David Williams in Spurrier's last year. Goes down on first contact a bit too often. Like, on the reg.

I was as excited about Lloyd as anyone when he signed; hoping he's just not up to speed yet from last year's injury because he reminds me for the world of David Williams in Spurrier's last year. Goes down on first contact a bit too often. Like, on the reg.
This is what we may lack with Z no longer in the backfield; he created his own spaceand was incredibly tough to bring down. Harris needs clear lanes and an easy path to second level or else he goes down early. Some of that is coachable.

My first impression of Amos was that he could be a pile driver who would take the hurt to defenders. I haven’t seen enough to know (or remember) if that is an accurate assessment.

Reactions: CarolinaCocky83
He had some good runs when ever he got past the LOS. I think he needed to knock off the rust.

Lloyd is really stiff in the hips and labored in his cuts. He’s a one cut, down hill guy who needs to improve his decision making and explosiveness. He’s a similar runner to Harris, but lacks Harris’ burst at the hole and physicality at the point of attack. He definitely did not look like a feature back on a good SEC team last season.

We saw Juju have some real success in edge runs against ECU, but they didn’t ask him to do much else. He’s obviously the guy with potential to be elite in space, but we didn’t see enough of it to be sure.

With Harris and White leaving, and currently no new additions being made to the RB, it figures to be a weak spot.

Reactions: kidrobinski
He had some good runs when ever he got past the LOS. I think he needed to knock off the rust.
Well yeah I know, but this gets back to the conversation about Vann; to be a playmaker as a receiver you can't only work the balls thrown in wide open space and as a back you have to get past initial contact more often than not because both occurrences happen fairly often. I cited David Williams; in the post game presser where we played LSU the day before he resigned, Spurrier stated that their guy (Leonard Fournette) broke 4-5 tackles to get into open space on his 70+ yard touchdown run after we'd pretty much held him in check, our guy (David Williams) goes down as soon as you touch him. That describes Lloyd pretty much; I hated seeing the guy come in. I hope it IS just "rust" or whatever, because it seemed he was iron and steel when he first came.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT