ADVERTISEMENT

This all stems from one nba agent.

The NBA just needs to get rid of their stupid rule. If a guy is good enough for the NBA after just high school then let him go into the league.
I'd go a step further. Allow everyone who thinks he is good enough to go to the NBA go there immediately from high school. Make it a law that the NBA give all such people a shot. If a person doesn't make it, let him go to college if any college wants him, but require him to use all his eligibility before reapplying to the NBA if he improves enough. Waive the amateur rules with respect to those people. Anyone who goes to college straight out of high school must use all his eligibility if he is to ever be employable by the NBA. It would fix everything.

I'd go a step further. Allow everyone who thinks he is good enough to go to the NBA go there immediately from high school. Make it a law that the NBA give all such people a shot. If a person doesn't make it, let him go to college if any college wants him, but require him to use all his eligibility before reapplying to the NBA if he improves enough. Waive the amateur rules with respect to those people. Anyone who goes to college straight out of high school must use all his eligibility if he is to ever be employable by the NBA. It would fix everything.

I mostly agree with this
(Is that like college baseball?)
I Wouldn’t make them stay all 4 years. 3 like football if they are ready to go

But I think you miss some points as they relate to the revenue sports...

What if a player makes it pro but gets cut after a year or two? Can they play college ball?

And you don’t bring up the real problem. The money at the Top. As long as AD’s, media outlets, businesses, and coaches make millions off these athletes, they should be compensated academically as well as financially for what they help generate.

Wish there was an easy answer but money messed things up

I mostly agree with this
(Is that like college baseball?)
I Wouldn’t make them stay all 4 years. 3 like football if they are ready to go

But I think you miss some points as they relate to the revenue sports...

What if a player makes it pro but gets cut after a year or two? Can they play college ball?

And you don’t bring up the real problem. The money at the Top. As long as AD’s, media outlets, businesses, and coaches make millions off these athletes, they should be compensated academically as well as financially for what they help generate.

Wish there was an easy answer but money messed things up
The factor being overlooked is that the financial value of the education itself, both in terms of what it costs to acquire and what it yields during a person's career, is not being valued highly enough. The cost of a residential college education is astronomical today. It's nothing to sneeze at. Look at the student loan debt people are piling up. People who receive the complete cost of a college education plus a stipend in exchange for exercising their athletic prowess are not being ill-used.

As for eligibility, I'd apply the same eligibility standards to football as basketball. As for your question about players getting cut after a year or two in the pros, well, they were pros for a meaningful time and there are lots of reasons besides insufficient talent why players get cut - drug dependency, bad attitudes, etc. You have to draw the line somewhere.

Last edited:

All eligibility before NBA. Ha. No.

I agree with you. Your analysis makes sense and workable. Therefore, it will never happen captain. DLW

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT