ADVERTISEMENT

This Team Plays to the Competition

vineyardscock

Aug 16, 2016
While I originally thought this would be a blow-out, and it still could be, I expect us to hang in there with this team. The question will be whether we make the 2 or 3 plays during the game that sometimes decides the outcome.

There is no question we have to play error-free ball to have a chance. It would be nice to see us play a solid 60 minute game. We've lost 9 straight games to ranked opponents and 3 in a row to TN. Its time to step up and get a signature win.

Welcome to our history. I'm not normally super negative or defeatist, but we are right back where we historically belong. Most likely, we will look pretty good against TN, look like we have a shot to win until late in the game, look like the better team most of the game, then TN will tighten up ship and take a victory back to Knoxville.

Yes we do, I called it last week as I sat with my kids. After a comfortable 20 point lead, I said "NOW....do we do what we always do, play conservative, and let them right back into the game". YES WE DID. I always think that we will learn one of these days, but time and time again I am proven wrong. Then we play a top 25 team the next week and hang with them until the 4th quarter. I will say that I was pleasantly surprised to put the ball in the air with 4 minutes remaining, down 6, and go against the normal handoff, handoff, handoff, punt.

Reactions: 92Pony
Yes we do, I called it last week as I sat with my kids. After a comfortable 20 point lead, I said "NOW....do we do what we always do, play conservative, and let them right back into the game". YES WE DID. I always think that we will learn one of these days, but time and time again I am proven wrong. Then we play a top 25 team the next week and hang with them until the 4th quarter. I will say that I was pleasantly surprised to put the ball in the air with 4 minutes remaining, down 6, and go against the normal handoff, handoff, handoff, punt.
That last drive was the difference to me. Late in the game when you need a long drive to either kill clock or for a late score, do we have a qb to lead the drive? So far Bentley is 1 for 1.

Reactions: ChairForceCock
While I originally thought this would be a blow-out, and it still could be, I expect us to hang in there with this team. The question will be whether we make the 2 or 3 plays during the game that sometimes decides the outcome.

There is no question we have to play error-free ball to have a chance. It would be nice to see us play a solid 60 minute game. We've lost 9 straight games to ranked opponents and 3 in a row to TN. Its time to step up and get a signature win.
That's the same attitude the media is pushing for Tennessee. They play to their competition. IMH, it's a easy way out of trying to describe the strengths and weaknesses of a team.

Wish we would have played to our competition in the Georgia game. Maybe we'd have won then.

Reactions: vehemon
Welcome to our history. I'm not normally super negative or defeatist, but we are right back where we historically belong. Most likely, we will look pretty good against TN, look like we have a shot to win until late in the game, look like the better team most of the game, then TN will tighten up ship and take a victory back to Knoxville.
I hope that historical place isn't the one that also include a blowout loss to Clem.

I hope that historical place isn't the one that also include a blowout loss to Clem.
Agreed. I appreciated the golden Spurrier years where we were the team that looked worse often times until we realized late in the game that we were better and stepped up and took care of business leaving the other team with the moral victory. I believe Muschamp can get us back there and beyond if we have some patience.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT