ADVERTISEMENT

This will become the new saying in most sports; Secure The Bag.

wnfyyiakckla7hs0ptqb.jpg

It means take advantage of your opportunity. I only know that because I googled it and that's what Sin said. I don't do rap, either.

I think it's a reference to that announcement they make when you're in the airport. Sindarius knows a lot of Gamecocks are traveling to catch the games.

I thought it was some insult for Clemson as in secure the "bagman" before he purchases more 5 star players out of Florida who have never visited their university. Secure the bag!

I thought it was some insult for Clemson as in secure the "bagman" before he purchases more 5 star players out of Florida who have never visited their university. Secure the bag!

I don't think that's going to catch on. It just sounds so strange wtf does it mean?

"Secure the bag, it’s just take advantage of the opportunity,” Thornwell said. “Your bag is not necessarily money or anything. Whatever your opportunity is and that you’re blessed to be given, just take advantage of it. We are just trying to take advantage of every opportunity.”

http://www.teamfranklin.com/securethebag-vs-the-zags/
Thanks for that post @GarnetGhost. Been hearing the phrase, had heard it was a line from a rap song...... now I finally know the meaning and how it relates. I'm guessing the OP is correct and this will catch on. Sindarius or the basketball team/ athletic department needs to trademark it quickly so it doesn't fall into the same lost opportunity category as "three-peat."

"Secure the bag, it’s just take advantage of the opportunity,” Thornwell said. “Your bag is not necessarily money or anything. Whatever your opportunity is and that you’re blessed to be given, just take advantage of it. We are just trying to take advantage of every opportunity.”

http://www.teamfranklin.com/securethebag-vs-the-zags/

Then maybe we should us ... "Secure the Zags" ... for this game vs Gonzaga.

Reactions: uscdoug
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT