ADVERTISEMENT

Tindall is about to commit to Georgia.

GamecockJL

Gold Member
Aug 30, 2015
Just the word on the street. He’s probably trying to get in before Georgia fills up.. Not sure if he’s going to sign.

Could be Quay Walker. Nevermind it is Tindall.

Last edited:
All I can figure is uga is filling up. And he better hurry.

Channing Tindall has no worries whether Georgia fills up....there will be room for a player like him

Reactions: king ward
Channing Tindall has no worries whether Georgia fills up....there will be room for a player like him
He will Be their 7th or 8th highest rated player. He doesn’t mean a whole lot to them.

i would rather have a 3 star that is excited to be a Gamecock, and plays his heart out, than a 5 star that is pissed he came here and isnt starting at Alabama, but hey, that is just me..

Tindall grew up a UGA fan, a Georgia fan from all accounts, a real fan, no pics of him in Georgia Tech shirts floating around as 13-14 year old like XT and Clemson.

Georgia wanted him and he wanted to go to school he grew up rooting for, it was expected by me, gave us consideration and went with his heart, took a while because he knows he could ride the pine their for a while, i have no ill will.

I just hate that every once in a while these top prospects like AJ Green and Tindall grow up in SC as life long Georgia fans, but I guess its better then being a Tater fan

Last edited:
Just the word on the street. He’s probably trying to get in before Georgia fills up.. Not sure if he’s going to sign.

Could be Quay Walker. Nevermind it is Tindall.
Don't look now but Georgia is setting up to be the a monster! And they picked up the OL Mayes from Tenn!

Glad we are 2nd in the SEC VS anything further more back... makes us work harder for next year... no time to rest as there as there 7 (count 'em 7) SEC team in the top 25! 4 WEST 3 EAST
Keep working USCHAMP, lets go get 'em and continue to move forward!

Reactions: Moneyb223
I hope he never plays a down there & regrets this day for the rest of his life. I rarely say stuff about a recruit's decision, but for a Columbia kid to choose UGa over us.......screw him.....hard!
Although I totally understand the frustration over losing a local recruit to border state rival, I'll merely point out that the Gamecocks recruit far more players from Georgia than UGA recruits from South Carolina. Here's a statistical breakdown:

USC players from Georgia: 25
USC 2018 recruits from Georgia: 8 and targeting a few more

UGA players from South Carolina: 1
UGA 2018 recruits from South Carolina: 1 and not targeting any more​

In fact, 4 of USC's 5 highest-rated signees/commitments are from GA and Dylan Wonnum would make 5 out of 6. USC also pulls a lot of players out of Florida and North Carolina.

Point being, the fact that recruits sometimes spurn their home-state school and go elsewhere is ultimately helpful to USC.

Last edited:
Although I totally understand the frustration over losing a local recruit to border state rival, I'll merely point out that the Gamecocks recruit far more players from Georgia than UGA recruits from South Carolina. Here's a statistical breakdown:

In fact, 4 of USC's 5 highest-rated signees/commitments are from GA and Dylan Wonnum would make 5 out of 6. USC also pulls a lot of players out of Florida and North Carolina.

Point being, the fact that recruits sometimes spurn their home-state school and go elsewhere is ultimately helpful to USC.

How many do we pull in from Athens?

It'd be different if he was from Blacksburg, Aiken, Holly Hill, Conway, or Walhalla.....but he played high school ball approximately 10-15 minutes from Williams-Brice.

It'd be different if he was from Blacksburg, Aiken, Holly Hill, Conway, or Walhalla.....but he played high school ball approximately 10-15 minutes from Williams-Brice.

Jam Willams grew up a 30 minute drive from UGA. UGA slow played him and then eventually put on the full home team full court press. He left anyway. It was a miss for UGA. Just like Tindall was a miss for us. But it happens.

The difference of course is, Jam would have been the 7th best player in UGA’s class. Tindall would have been the best in our’s.

We’ve gotten a lot of players who have grown up a stones throw from Athens over the years. MJ Webb is another. Wesley Green. It happens.

Reactions: ChaneyDawg
I hope he never plays a down there & regrets this day for the rest of his life. I rarely say stuff about a recruit's decision, but for a Columbia kid to choose UGa over us.......screw him.....hard!

He might not ever play. He’s around the 7-8th highest rated recruit they have in this class rn.

Jam Willams grew up a 30 minute drive from UGA. UGA slow played him and then eventually put on the full home team full court press. He left anyway. It was a miss for UGA. Just like Tindall was a miss for us. But it happens.

The difference of course is, Jam would have been the 7th best player in UGA’s class. Tindall would have been the best in our’s.

We’ve gotten a lot of players who have grown up a stones throw from Athens over the years. MJ Webb is another. Wesley Green. It happens.
This is pretty accurate for the most part, but the reason we missed on him was he wanted to play corner and he wasn’t going to for us. He is a hell of a ball player though and I wanted him bad.
He might not ever play. He’s around the 7-8th highest rated recruit they have in this class rn.

You understand that guys “ranked” ahead him don’t all play his position, right? That was sort of a silly statement. He’s definitely going to play. Dawgs will be thin at ILB next year.

Zay Brown in 2017 class was from Clarke Central (Athens, GA), he did not have a Georgia offer.

Dunta Robinson was from Clarke Central (Athens, GA),

And of course who can forget Martay Maddox from 2011 also Clarke Central

Richard Seymour was from Lower Richland (Columbia) and went to Georgia, but i guess did not have a commit able offer from us at certain critical early point since Fat Brad didn't think he would be a good Offensive Lineman

All the more reason he may want to go somewhere else. My daughter went to USC and, coming from ATL, she was MUCH more excited about it than her freshman roommate who was from Columbia. For someone that grew up there, it's not "special" or different because they've seen and experienced it for years. Some kids like the idea of being that close to home and their HS friends whereas others want to go "away" to school and a football scholarship opens doors to out-of-state options that might otherwise be out of reach for a lot of kids.

Reactions: rogue cock
Rod, I Gotta ask; the list of schools that you just pulled (Blacksburg, Walhalla, Holly Hill), how did you come up with those? I ask because one of them is my hometown. And while I no longer live there, I didn’t know people who lived 10 minutes outside of those places even knew they existed.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
This is pretty accurate for the most part, but the reason we missed on him was he wanted to play corner and he wasn’t going to for us. He is a hell of a ball player though and I wanted him bad.

You understand that guys “ranked” ahead him don’t all play his position, right? That was sort of a silly statement. He’s definitely going to play. Dawgs will be thin at ILB next year.
You can't read.

He’s a OLB. It will take time for him to bulk up to be a true ILB. If he can’t make the transistion to ILB Cox, Anderson and whoever else is on the roster will be ahead of him at OLB.

Rod, I Gotta ask; the list of schools that you just pulled (Blacksburg, Walhalla, Holly Hill), how did you come up with those? I ask because one of them is my hometown. And while I no longer live there, I didn’t know people who lived 10 minutes outside of those places even knew they existed.

I have actually known two people from Walhalla over the years. One was a lawyer where I was a courier back in the 90s, and the other was a crazy woman my friend used to date up here in Charlotte.

Roquan Smith is 6'2 220 and was 205 when he arrived, he is a pretty good ILB, at least most folks think he is.
He is....and I wasn't saying that Tindall couldn't be...just think next year would be a little quick for him to make the transition, especially considering his size. And just because Smith can handle the position at 220, doesn't mean everyone can.

Reactions: GamecockJL
He’s a OLB. It will take time for him to bulk up to be a true ILB. If he can’t make the transistion to ILB Cox, Anderson and whoever else is on the roster will be ahead of him at OLB.
I gotcha. He may not play ILB, but I could have sworn some of our guys said the coaches wanted him to play ILB as our OLB/DEs are longer and rangier. Either way, he is definitely a coveted part of the class.

Roquan Smith

He has an interesting recruiting story almost a UCLA Bruin until it came out the coach he liked there was leaving, Coach (Jeff) Ulbrich, for the Falcons.

The kids that sign early in December and their favorite position coach leaves wont be so lucky

He is....and I wasn't saying that Tindall couldn't be...just think next year would be a little quick for him to make the transition, especially considering his size. And just because Smith can handle the position at 220, doesn't mean everyone can.

Maybe he can't, but his size doesn't rule that out either, the days of the hulking 250 ILB have passed until the next new offense comes into play that takes advantage of the smaller LB that have evolved to counter all the 1 back spreads in college football today.

He has an interesting recruiting story almost a UCLA Bruin until it came out the coach he liked there was leaving, Coach (Jeff) Ulbrich, for the Falcons.

The kids that sign early in December and their favorite position coach leaves wont be so lucky

Actually Roquan never signed a LOI with anyone, he just showed up when he graduated from HS. He signed financial aid papers which aren't binding for him, but no LOI.

True but how many of the Ga players we sign had comittable offers from Ga? Jam last year. Maybe Vann this year but not sure how bad they wanted him

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT