ADVERTISEMENT

To me it would really sux to miss my senior year of high school.

Luckily, my daughter graduated early this school year. She graduated in December, and is already enrolled in college - of course that has been thrown for a loop, but her senior year wasn’t impacted. I really do feel for those kids whose has been.

My daughter is also a senior. She was pretty bummed about the whole situation. But I reminded her her high school pageant (her main interest) did in fact happen before they sent them home. She perked up a little because she did get the opportunity to compete and win. A few weeks later and it wouldn’t have happened.
Looking back. I loved football and would’ve been devastated had they canceled my senior season. So I can imagine these softball, baseball, soccer, golf, track kids are really upset.

I feel bad for those college grads who maybe the first in their family to graduate. No commencement ceremony, just a diploma in the mail. Many may take that for granted but for first generation college grads that ceremony is a big deal.

Plus, all those weddings canceled. I even know someone whose father can't have an appropriate funeral. All around sad stuff

Most of my fond memories came from senior prom, spring break and senior week. And parties that occurred senior year. Too bad for them.

Reactions: jeff2001
I hate it for kids all over the country.
Same. Several college graduates are also missing their graduations. It's a shame really, but that's life I suppose. Hopefully their institutions can find a way to do it over the summer for anyone still in the area. I am still waiting to hear if I need to fly to Columbia for my sisters graduation. Her graduation has not been officially canceled as of yet.

Isn't most of their interaction on smart phones or internet related anyway? The sports and extra activities would be their downer.

I could have done without the last half of my senior year of high school. At that point I was burnt out of of grade school and anxious to take the next step. My fun was freshmen through junior year.

Isn't most of their interaction on smart phones or internet related anyway? The sports and extra activities would be their downer.
Not really. My daughter is bummed about missing her last prom, graduation ceremony, work, her normal social life with friends she may not see again. Even senior skip day. No senior trip or spring break. A lot of memories are made your senior year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT