ADVERTISEMENT

Today's Chuckle... Survived By His Wife

Thanks for passing that on to the board. King was one of my favorites - my parents took me to the Palace in NYC in 1956 to see him live (we were on our annual Christmas Vacation). He was hilarious even to a 12 year old kid from Charleston, SC.

Alan King, one who made quips that will live on even if he could not. His series called "Final Solution" followed by the "2nd Final Solution" and then by the "3rd Final Solution" were some of he best social comment/comedy ever seen on TV. Other than Billy Crystal, who is left in that gang.

Great post. Btw, imo Crystal is the best M.C. the Oscars have ever had, with the possible exception of Bob Hope.

Thanks for passing that on to the board. King was one of my favorites - my parents took me to the Palace in NYC in 1956 to see him live (we were on our annual Christmas Vacation). He was hilarious even to a 12 year old kid from Charleston, SC.

What did your family do during your annual Christmas vacation in NYC. I'm asking because I have always wanted to spend Christmas or part of Christmas in NYC.

What did your family do during your annual Christmas vacation in NYC. I'm asking because I have always wanted to spend Christmas or part of Christmas in NYC.

RadioCity Music Hall, Palace Theatre, Touristy bus trips, Empire State Building, St. Patrick's and St. Johns, Chinatown, Times Square on New Year's Eve, Central Park. Note: the time was the 1950's, so nothing 'racy'.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
RadioCity Music Hall, Palace Theatre, Touristy bus trips, Empire State Building, St. Patrick's and St. Johns, Chinatown, Times Square on New Year's Eve, Central Park. Note: the time was the 1950's, so nothing 'racy'.

Boy, I would still love to vacation there during Christmas. There is just something about NYC that says Christmas.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT