ADVERTISEMENT

Top US sprinter out of the Olympics for smoking weed

You train for years and years to get ready to compete in the olympics - something that only comes around once every 4yrs. Some (many?) only qualify once, making it a once-in-a-lifetime thing....... and you can't put the weed down for long enough to compete. What a shame.

Nothing like smoking weed to get an athletic advantage. Alcohol was a banned substance until 3 years ago

It's unfortunate but she did know the rules going in. I wouldn't just call her stupid though, because this young lady has been going through a lot in her personal life in recent months and people cope in all kind of ways. A real shame, it's not everyday you see 5'1 athlete dominating in a 100m race.

Reactions: tngamecock#
It's unfortunate but she did know the rules going in. I wouldn't just call her stupid though, because this young lady has been going through a lot in her personal life in recent months and people cope in all kind of ways. A real shame, it's not everyday you see 5'1 athlete dominating in a 100m race.
Really. I couldn't believe she was only 5' 1".

Here's an interesting article on why it's banned by the world anti-doping agency. By their own rules it shouldn't be banned, but you can tell the rules were interpreted by an old codger that just remembers that hippies used to smoke it and hippies shouldn't be in the Olympics!
Those hippies are the old codgers now.

Reactions: rhewredi
That’s her own fault. If one has a shot at the Olympics- I would think one wouldn’t do anything stupid to mess it up. She only has a one month “time out”. If she had a job that randomly tested she would likely be fired all together. She got off easy.

I’m not a fan of modern society.
😄
...keep kicking that can down the road.
tenor.gif

Reactions: feeble2001
Ya can’t smoke weed and be a female olympian, but you can be a man and be a female olympian.
You might be on to something: Maybe is she said she identifies as a man now they would consider her a different person and re-test her! 😃

Oh wait- it doesn’t work that way right? Because her speed would not contend with male athletes so she still would not qualify.. Wonder why it works the OTHER way? Almost sounds like unfair advantages are in play here.. 🤔

Guess I am just not woke enough to understand.

Please explain how it is hypocritical
How about this? She was disqualified because marijuana is on the anti-doping list as a performance enhancing drug, which obviously in this sport, it is not. But according to the rules it gives her an unfair advantage. However if she was actually a he who now calls himself a she were to participate as a she, that would be ok despite the obvious unfair advantage. Clear enough?

How about this? She was disqualified because marijuana is on the anti-doping list as a performance enhancing drug, which obviously in this sport, it is not. But according to the rules it gives her an unfair advantage. However if she was actually a he who now calls himself a she were to participate as a she, that would be ok despite the obvious unfair advantage. Clear enough?
That makes no sense, lol.

I am not for her being disqualified for weed that “gives her an unfair advantage” just as I am in favor of transathletes. There is no hypocrisy.

it would by hypocritical if weed actually did give her an advantage and I was for her being suspended and I was in favor of transathletes who supposedly have an advantage.

y’all really need to learn what the words you use mean first

Dumb rule, even dumber move to sacrifice all that hard for momentary high.

Did a quick google search, to see what it was all about...one of the first 3 articles that popped up was AOC was saying how it was an "instrument of racism".

Do these politicians just say the most absurd shit to get in the press or is she really that stupid.

It is to anyone not trying to drag out an argument.

Reactions: caughtlookin
That makes no sense, lol.

I am not for her being disqualified for weed that “gives her an unfair advantage” just as I am in favor of transathletes. There is no hypocrisy.

it would by hypocritical if weed actually did give her an advantage and I was for her being suspended and I was in favor of transathletes who supposedly have an advantage.

y’all really need to learn what the words you use mean first
I didn’t say you were hypocritical. If you can’t understand the hypocrisy as pointed out, then you obviously don’t know the definition. And if you don’t believe a trans has an advantage then you also don’t understand science.

Dumb rule, even dumber move to sacrifice all that hard for momentary high.

Did a quick google search, to see what it was all about...one of the first 3 articles that popped up was AOC was saying how it was an "instrument of racism".

Do these politicians just say the most absurd shit to get in the press or is she really that stupid.
In her case, the latter.

I didn’t say you were hypocritical. If you can’t understand the hypocrisy as pointed out, then you obviously don’t know the definition. And if you don’t believe a trans has an advantage then you also don’t understand science.
He/she leans wayyyyy to the left. You can't reason with people like that. You can be entertained though 😂.

Reactions: The Doctors Back
You haven’t explained the hypocrisy of the “woke left” how is it hypocritical for not wanting her banned and to also allow transathletes to participate? Those aren’t conflicting stances

Was the girl stupid for having this in her system? Of course. Can't fix stupid. But it also shows just how upside down our world is right now. What she did doesn't give her a competitive advantage, but if somebody with a different package between their legs suddenly decided that they wanted to imagine themselves a woman so they could win a medal, that is more than OK. I know the prevailing mood in this country, set by the PC police, is to make sure that nobody gets their feelings hurt if one lives, or can imagine, they live an alternative lifestyle. But the tail is wagging the dog and the adults in the room need to get a grip on things

Was the girl stupid for having this in her system? Of course. Can't fix stupid. But it also shows just how upside down our world is right now. What she did doesn't give her a competitive advantage, but if somebody with a different package between their legs suddenly decided that they wanted to imagine themselves a woman so they could win a medal, that is more than OK. I know the prevailing mood in this country, set by the PC police, is to make sure that nobody gets their feelings hurt if one lives, or can imagine, they live an alternative lifestyle. But the tail is wagging the dog and the adults in the room need to get a grip on things
Well said.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT