ADVERTISEMENT

Top US sprinter out of the Olympics for smoking weed

Because it's irrelevant to the athletic competition
There are a lot of rules that are irrelevant to the actual performance. Following the laws of the land is becoming of an athlete worthy to represent the country.

She can smoke all the weed she wants. She has that right. Just not doing what she's doing.

Participating in the olympics is a privilege, not a right. She is not obligated that opportunity. She can smoke all the weed she wants. Just not as an olympian.

There are a lot of rules that are irrelevant to the actual performance. Following the laws of the land is becoming of an athlete worthy to represent the country.

She can smoke all the weed she wants. She has that right. Just not doing what she's doing.

Participating in the olympics is a privilege, not a right. She is not obligated that opportunity. She can smoke all the weed she wants. Just not as an olympian.
I mean, personally I regard it as an athletic competition, not a goody-two-shoes competition.

It’s not just as simple as them “thinking” they are. Your brain is the biggest determinant of who you are and studies have shown transpeople brains are closer to that of their chosen gender than assigned: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/05/180524112351.htm

this stuff is more fluid and nuanced than y’all would like to admit. I could show you a ton of transwomen that you would check out on the street(chances are you have before) - and if they are men, does that make you bisexual?
Every study I've seen shows a former male still has more testosterone than any female. Wouldn't that be an advantage?
The Boston Tea Party should have just followed the rules and paid the Tea Act Tax
Are you really this damn obtuse? Its people like you that give progressives a bad name.

Are you really this damn obtuse? Its people like you that give progressives a bad name.

Huh, I always figured it was the people who want to nationalize industries and raise taxes that gave them a bad name.

But yeah, I guess making fun of anti-pot warriors is right up there with those...

Huh, I always figured it was the people who want to nationalize industries and raise taxes that gave them a bad name.

But yeah, I guess making fun of anti-pot warriors is right up there with those...
You're literally comparing the use of pot by an athlete to historic events that shook the nation. Get a damn grip.

Reactions: Cybercock
Youre absolutely right about this, and I agree. But once again, breaking a federal law precludes her the privilege of participating in the Olympics. She took a known risk and was caught.
Yes, but because of her, people are now talking about this policy, and there's presumably a marginally greater chance that it will change. And she didn't really hurt anyone besides herself.

It’s not just as simple as them “thinking” they are. Your brain is the biggest determinant of who you are and studies have shown transpeople brains are closer to that of their chosen gender than assigned: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/05/180524112351.htm

this stuff is more fluid and nuanced than y’all would like to admit. I could show you a ton of transwomen that you would check out on the street(chances are you have before) - and if they are men, does that make you bisexual?
And you just prove that you are in that 1% of fools, and freaks, that actually believe this nonsense. I hate it that some have more emotional issues than others and go to extremes to find acceptance. But to act like this is normal behavior, or to even excuse it, is ridiculous. So you can keep all of your sympathetic views for these weirdos all you want. I could care less.

Reactions: FORKCOCK
Yes, but because of her, people are now talking about this policy, and there's presumably a marginally greater chance that it will change. And she didn't really hurt anyone besides herself.
Maybe, maybe not. Just because someone breaks a rule doesn't mean its more or less likely to get changed. For her the risk was worth it, and that's ok. Life is all about risks. If she felt like she needed to smoke weed to feel better, that's fine, but we can't sit back after the fact and be mad at the rule. Maybe it will change, maybe it wont.

Good. So does this weed smoker make you proud? Are you proud of her bravery? You know, like Rosa Parks?

Oh, I misunderstood your post. I thought you were saying I should be proud of the government for arresting Rosa Parks.

But anyway, yes, I give Sha'carri major kudos for exposing yet again the dumbassery of pot prohibition.

• Haha
Reactions: Cybercock
Oh, I misunderstood your post. I thought you were saying I should be proud of the government for arresting Rosa Parks.

But anyway, yes, I give Sha'carri major kudos for exposing yet again the dumbassery of pot prohibition.

Well, you know what would make me proud? Her remaining sober in the face of temptation and becoming a positive influence to young women athletes. But she decided to forego that opportunity.

If she'd done that, no one would be discussing her.
Maybe not in your circles. Maybe she would have gone on to set the world record. Maybe she would have won 5 gold medals. Maybe she would be the first gold medalist to become a famous actress. You don't know what her future would have held. Her influence could have been exponentially positive for young women and women of color. But I'm sure she's glad to be your weed martyr instead.

Maybe not in your circles. Maybe she would have gone on to set the world record. Maybe she would have won 5 gold medals. Maybe she would be the first gold medalist to become a famous actress. You don't know what her future would have held. Her influence could have been exponentially positive for young women and women of color. But I'm sure she's glad to be your weed martyr instead.
Well then I would blame the moronic rules that caused her to be disqualified.

I see that. And that's the difference between a winner and a victim. She knew the risk, and she chose to do it anyway. When she's an old lady, who doesn't smoke week anymore, I wonder if she'll say it was worth it.
I have no idea. But exposing the hypocrisy of the drug warriors is always a valuable service to humanity. (The decent part of it, anyway.)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT