ADVERTISEMENT

Totally Pathetic Showing Tonight

How can anyone doubt the deficiencies of this team?

Not doubting the deficiencies they are there... Doesn't mean sc can't make the tourney .. They had deficiencies this time last year.
Many teams in the NCAA tournament will have deficiencies

Not doubting the deficiencies they are there... Doesn't mean sc can't make the tourney .. They had deficiencies this time last year.
Many teams in the NCAA tournament will have deficiencies
Yes the Gamecocks struggled down the stretch last year, but you can't lose so many home games and expect to make the NCAA tournament.

Reactions: okccock
New rules-we're only allowed to post about happy, warm fuzzy Gamecock related stuff. Seriously though I'm not getting worked up about the loss. Getting ready for baseball soon.
I sorta agree, I feel this season is over, I dont see this Men's basketball team making (Or deserving) the big tourney.. If they do, i am afraid one and done.. Lets go Yardcocks!!

New rules-we're only allowed to post about happy, warm fuzzy Gamecock related stuff. Seriously though I'm not getting worked up about the loss. Getting ready for baseball soon.

I could care less who posts what. I do think folks who use messageboards to whine about the athletic performance of college kids have some mental health issues. Not only that, but if they're willing to dish out abuse, they ought to be prepared to take some.

I could care less who posts what. I do think folks who use messageboards to whine about the athletic performance of college kids have some mental health issues. Not only that, but if they're willing to dish out abuse, they ought to be prepared to take some.
I think the players are trying their best and we have overachieved to this point. That said, it's clear we just don't have the guard play (particularly point guard) to take us where we want to go this year. R. Felder poor decision is likely going to cost us a tourney bid this year. The future is bright.

Last edited:

and if you noticed, the OP did a double dose of "whine time" threads…

I'm always amazed at how many coaching "SME's" (subject matter experts) there are, pounding away on their keyboards, for free, no less, on various forums that are not and have never been employed, with 6 or 7 figure contracts… Yet they KNOW more and can do the job better than the current head coach…

It doesn't matter that we basically lost our whole back court from last year's team… that included the team leader and SEC player of the year… and the rising point guard decided to make a bone headed decision and is off the team… and there has been an injury induced revolving door with the guards we do have available… and that it takes some time for freshmen and newbies to get the hang of the concepts and roles that Coach runs… None of that matters… none of that is a factor… evidently Coach Martin suddenly can't coach any more… and sucks at his job… and the OP can do that job better than Coach…

My question for these "SME's" is: if you know SO MUCH and have this great coaching talent and knowledge…. why aren't you employed as a coach?

A wise man told me a number of years back, when I was bemoaning the need to beat a certain team from the upstate… "son, if your happiness depends on what a bunch of 19 year olds do on a Fall Saturday, you have bigger problems in your life…"

That kind of struck me and stuck with me… and yes, I want the G-cocks to win every game… but I take a bit longer and more reasoned view of things now… the sun does NOT rise and fall on wins and losses…

For what it's worth, I was talking to the newly hired Coach Holtz and the former "Voice" Bob Fulton at a George Rogers charity event… and it was Bob that gave me the advice… and perspective.

And no, you don't have to be a "sunshine pumper"… but what does being a constant "I know it all and you suck" whiner ever accomplish or achieve?

I recall a lot of people writing off last year's team too....
Yeah, you probably have a comeback for that, but when you wrote them off last year you had a good reason why then too...

This team has it...they just cant get it all on the same page each game...but they've been getting a little more consistent as the season goes on. With this bunch it could click tomorrow and they run of 5 or 6 in a row which at this point would be huge. Maybe it happens, maybe it doesn't....but I'm not writing them off yet.

We lost Sin, PJ, Duane, and Rah (for this season). Did anyone honestly think with losing the 1st 3 in the list that we wouldn't struggle this year? Last season was great and oh so much fun. But c'mon y'all. It's not like we have some awesome basketball history we're trying to live up to either.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT