ADVERTISEMENT

Transfers Issue

Cocky4SC

Dec 2, 2014
Spartanburg SC
Why are so many so upset about the guys that are transferring? Most of these have never really contributed to the team anyway. If Hoke is coming in and demanding hard work from them from the first day he arrived... THEN THAT IS WHAT WE NEED!! Otherwise, we could expect the same type of result as last year.

I have seen in other threads where people were talking about us not evaluating the talent properly/ coaching miscues, that is why they are leaving... I ask this... ARE YOU SERIOUS??? You think that we are the only school that has players fizzle out of the program and leave? The difference in ours and some programs is that we make this news "front page material". This would be warranted if it were Cooper, D.Williams, BAW, etc. leaving the program. But, we are talking about guys who were hurt for most of their careers or saw the talent we have coming in on defense and got SCARED of the competition that they were going to be seeing on the depth chart. Most of the guys are on the defensive side of the ball. Where was the issues for this team last year? Defense. What coach did we just hire? Defense.

How many offensive guys have left? Two? One couldn't make it to Senior Day Recognition against South Alabama and the other had issues on/off the field from day one.

JHMO

Roberts played, Blake McClain didn't even get a chance to. It's not good to lose depth on a football team no matter how you tried to spin.. You need players to play defense.

Other programs have players transfer as well. However, I'm not sure I've seen a program lose 11 players in one year like we've seen. Transfers usually happen because the player didn't have the talent to compete. That means we misjudged or misevaluated the talent.

sign0012.r191677.gif
Roberts has been hurt MOST of his career. He played in a bunch of games last year, but how much did he actually contribute? Recording the fifth most tackles on a our defense last year is like saying you are the tallest midget.Blake McClain broke his hand and had issues with his foot last year and only practiced half the year as a redshirt. No, you don't want to lose guys on the depth chart, but the writing has been put on the wall by Hoke. Some can't handle the truth of the message.

Because some people just like to complain about everything!

We could have a water boy transfer and several posters (you know who they are and they know who they are too) will complain and bash our coaches about it.

I think thats the whole issue.Talent evaluation the 2 or 3 years was terrible.Too many non-contributors.This is a bitter pill to swallow but needed to make up for the lack of talent on D

That's true, but I would suspect that most of these guys (other than those kicked off) were told they would be 4th string.

Take a look at some of the other threads... there are many blasting away at how we have lost eleven players off the current roster. Many are saying that the coaches suck and can't evaluate talent, blah,blah,blah. I made the point about other schools (Even Alabama,LSU,UGA,Flordia) all have guys that don't pan out. I guess that their coaches suck at evaluating also
confused0024.r191677.gif

Originally posted by ReadR00ster:
Roberts played, Blake McClain didn't even get a chance to. It's not good to lose depth on a football team no matter how you tried to spin.. You need players to play defense.
Ease up, Francis, we've got plenty of help coming in.

Yeah, I don't know who is that upset about it. The depth issues on defense are a little concerning that is about it. Seems like the only ones getting upset are the ones imagining people being upset.

Originally posted by Irmo Cock:
Ease up, Francis, we've got plenty of help coming in.
Unless they are just the next round of future transfers, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. Also, Blackshear has his issues and not everyone is likely to qualify.

This post was edited on 2/18 5:33 PM by ReadR00ster

Yeah, I don't know who is that upset about it. The depth issues on defense are a little concerning that is about it. Seems like the only ones getting upset are the ones imagining people being upset.
You can not be serious? After the way the Defensive unit played last season? They have guys coming in that can and will contribute....As for depth you weren't going to have any to speak of based on the performance from last year...

Not sure what you issue is but again based on the way they performed I don't see it as a problem. No matter if they stayed or leave depth would have been an issue going forward anyway for the D side of the ball.....

Problems with quality talent occur when you have a guy out signing kids that have no chance to make it into school.....Sure he looks like some stud recruiting and getting those commits but when you can't get them onto campus that's a huge problem...

I put the issue with depth squarely on Ward and Spurrier Jr......The last two years have been a complete failure in recruiting!

Originally posted by Clevercock3:

You can not be serious? After the way the Defensive unit played last season? They have guys coming in that can and will contribute....As for depth you weren't going to have any to speak of based on the performance from last year...

Not sure what you issue is but again based on the way they performed I don't see it as a problem. No matter if they stayed or leave depth would have been an issue going forward anyway for the D side of the ball.....

Problems with quality talent occur when you have a guy out signing kids that have no chance to make it into school.....Sure he looks like some stud recruiting and getting those commits but when you can't get them onto campus that's a huge problem...

I put the issue with depth squarely on Ward and Spurrier Jr......The last two years have been a complete failure in recruiting!
Why are you assuming this years crop is going to be any better than the last two? Why are you assuming everyone actually makes into school this year when every year a handful do not make it in, some even after not making it in once already? I am tired of the assumptions. I am not going to assume our defense is going to be better than it was last year just because it was terrible. It CAN be terrible again. I am hopeful it will be pretty good, but we won't know what problems we still face until the fall. Let's wait until the fall to see how the defense does before anyone get's too excited or too upset about anything.

LOL, it's similar to a fans "demanding" coaching changes be made and then when they are, they complain. It's pretty obvious, some people are going to complain, no matter what. It just what they do.

Originally posted by Clevercock3:

Why are you assuming this years crop is going to be any better than the last two? Why are you assuming everyone actually makes into school this year when every year a handful do not make it in, some even after not making it in once already? I am tired of the assumptions. I am not going to assume our defense is going to be better than it was last year just because it was terrible. It CAN be terrible again. I am hopeful it will be pretty good, but we won't know what problems we still face until the fall. Let's wait until the fall to see how the defense does before anyone get's too excited or too upset about anything.
Well if you read my post I don't think you will find in it where I said this years unit would be better than last....But I can't see them getting much worse....I suppose that is possible......

Nor do I see where I said all of this years group would make it into school....My point was that Ward is not the great recruiter that some try to make him out to be.....If anything he is lazy as evidenced by his desire to go after a large group of kids that had plenty of talent but didn't know what a book was....

Sure we know what problems we will face this fall better so that what we were misled to believe last year....The D will be young and inexperienced....I would not expect them to be anything more than average based on the information at hand...

If they are better then great but I don't think anyone expects must beyond average!

My point was simply that Ward and Spurrier Jr and to a degree the HBC are responsible for this mess and where we are today.....Ward is not the great recruiter he is made out to be and Jr is obviously either asleep at the RC position or doesn't get it.....

HBC is responsible when they fail and the facts that we have to date are that both of them have failed at the recruiting portion of their jobs!

Where are these players going to? That should tell you all you need to know about why they left. If they were leaving for better programs, I'd say we have a problem. If not, maybe they had the problem.

Either way, I believe this change didn't happen overnight. I believe it was a well thought-out plan of action that has been in the works before the season ended.

SOS said changes were coming and here they are. I'm sure he agonized over every detail and made decisions that were best for this team going forward.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT