ADVERTISEMENT

Trashing the team on social media.

I swear I can't stand it when a USC "fan" goes on an anti USC rant on social media.
With fans like that, we will never build a winning program.
You don't have to be a pollyanna. But find a friend to vent to.
Nothing new with Gamecock fans. This is what social media has become. Everyone thinks their instant opinion deserves to be broadcasted and believe that 'everyone' wants to hear it.

Reactions: rogue cock
Social media has ended society as we know it and will continue its demise. Take that stupid Applebees commercial for example.

I swear I can't stand it when a USC "fan" goes on an anti USC rant on social media.
Don't worry about it. I am sure things are worse today for Florida State, Ohio Sate, Texas, So Cal, and
Tennessee. Vegas predicted us to get less than 4 wins. We have a great chance of beating their expert expectations. Fingers crossed, we can beat Troy, and Vandy. We have a chance to beat Tennessee, and maybe surprise another team. All I want is continuous improvement from one year to the next.

Don't worry about it. I am sure things are worse today for Florida State, Ohio Sate, Texas, So Cal, and
Tennessee. Vegas predicted us to get less than 4 wins. We have a great chance of beating their expert expectations. Fingers crossed, we can beat Troy, and Vandy. We have a chance to beat Tennessee, and maybe surprise another team. All I want is continuous improvement from one year to the next.
My over 3 1/2 wins is gonna hit in October. Easy money. $$$$

Social media has ended society as we know it and will continue its demise. Take that stupid Applebees commercial for example.
ted-shaking.gif

I did not see the rant in question but I will comment on the other part. I can guarantee you we will NOT build a winning program with the current fan base of apologetic pacifists who are content to make excuses for mediocrity. Do you see this at Alabama? Georgia? LSU? Clemson? No, you don't because their fan bases DEMAND EXCELLENCE. And when they don't get it they get damned loud and raise hell until changes are made to achieve that excellence. There is one thing I know for certain: If you don't demand excellence, you surely will never get it!!!!

I did not see the rant in question but I will comment on the other part. I can guarantee you we will NOT build a winning program with the current fan base of apologetic pacifists who are content to make excuses for mediocrity. Do you see this at Alabama? Georgia? LSU? Clemson? No, you don't because their fan bases DEMAND EXCELLENCE. And when they don't get it they get damned loud and raise hell until changes are made to achieve that excellence. There is one thing I know for certain: If you don't demand excellence, you surely will never get it!!!!
Aside from posting on a free message board, are you doing anything to demand the excellence you speak of?

Aside from posting on a free message board, are you doing anything to demand the excellence you speak of?
Absolutely! After 25 years of Silver Spur and Golden Spur membership and club level seats and attending every game, I stopped after 2019. If they want my money they had better damn well earn it.

Absolutely! After 25 years of Silver Spur and Golden Spur membership and club level seats and attending every game, I stopped after 2019. If they want my money they had better damn well earn it.
Very good. As fans, we all want better results than we’ve seen recently.

Nobody is an apologetic pacifist making excuses for mediocrity. We just understand that demanding "excellence" two games into a complete rebuild is moronic and completely out touch with the reality of what it takes to build a program. Just about anything is excusable at this point. Beamer needs time.

The idiots that are whining about how we won our first 2 games do nothing but hurt the program. Unless Beamer pulls off a miracle, expect to see some bad football for most of this year and likely some of next year. You have to work and earn it, not just demand it.

I think too much is being made of fan reaction. To me, it's nothing. If it's effusive, it means nothing. If it's calumnious, it means nothing. It's noise and it's nothing. Some of y'all need to get serious about what really is serious. This is a game, a pastime, mere entertainment - nothing of any substance.

THIS forum is social media. Have you bothered to read this rat hole? The posters here are the ones going on twitter or whatever and trashing Carolina. They do it here with impunity. It is a combo of imposters and cuck loser Carolina fans who live to bch.

The bright side is social media, including THIS rat hole, is becoming less and less important for young people forming opinions and it's never been important to older people. Social media is not going anywhere but it's power is fading fast.

Tennessee and FSU say hello. Whining and crying doesn't always work.

I think too much is being made of fan reaction. To me, it's nothing. If it's effusive, it means nothing. If it's calumnious, it means nothing. It's noise and it's nothing. Some of y'all need to get serious about what really is serious. This is a game, a pastime, mere entertainment - nothing of any substance.
I agree. I read the messages here and I post from time to time, as I choose. It is an escape for me. This board is my social media, as I don’t fool with facebook,instagram, snapchat, etc . My wife and my son are dealing with heart problems after recovering from covid. I enjoy watching sports, and I’m a Gamecock all the way, but it is and always will be secondary to what is most important to me.

Reactions: F-86F
Nobody is an apologetic pacifist making excuses for mediocrity. We just understand that demanding "excellence" two games into a complete rebuild is moronic and completely out touch with the reality of what it takes to build a program. Just about anything is excusable at this point. Beamer needs time.

The idiots that are whining about how we won our first 2 games do nothing but hurt the program. Unless Beamer pulls off a miracle, expect to see some bad football for most of this year and likely some of next year. You have to work and earn it, not just demand it.
Oh geez! This has nothing to do with Beamer, nor to THIS year. This is about our program, not a year. This is about our fan base over the vast majority of the time we have been in existence. This is about our Administration, BOT, and Athletic Dept, who continually accept poor results year after year and do nothing constructive about it except for hire one dismal failure after another (Spurrier excluded). I did, however, make one mistake when I implied our fan base was satisfied with mediocrity. At this point mediocrity would be a step up from what we have now. I am one fan that is so sick to death of losing I could throw up. It makes me even sicker when I hear some of the stupid, loser comments on this board. Things like "I'd be satisfied with 6 wins and a bowl game". Disgusting LOSERS.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2

I agree my friend . The day we hired Muschamp my wallet closed . Have not attended a game or spent a dime on merchandise since that day . If Shane can put a competitive, exciting product on the field I’ll totally support but until that happens the best I can do is tuning in to match the game whenever i got nothing better to do . I have high hopes for Shane but im not blind . We are at least 2 or 3 years from any sort of relevance . Until that day comes I’ve got plenty of extra cash to spend on guitars and fishing gear !!!

Oh geez! This has nothing to do with Beamer, nor to THIS year. This is about our program, not a year. This is about our fan base over the vast majority of the time we have been in existence. This is about our Administration, BOT, and Athletic Dept, who continually accept poor results year after year and do nothing constructive about it except for hire one dismal failure after another (Spurrier excluded). I did, however, make one mistake when I implied our fan base was satisfied with mediocrity. At this point mediocrity would be a step up from what we have now. I am one fan that is so sick to death of losing I could throw up. It makes me even sicker when I hear some of the stupid, loser comments on this board. Things like "I'd be satisfied with 6 wins and a bowl game". Disgusting LOSERS.
QUESTION: You ONLY referenced coach Spurrier. Well, how many games did SPURRIER win in the first FIVE seasons he was here ? What 6 ,7, 6, 7, 7 out of 13 ? So , by YOUR logic, WE SHOULD have fired Spurrier for his "mediocrity" after two years..........
Let none of us be dumb enough to realize it took way more than 1 or 2 seasons before even SPURRIER raised us out of a stated "M e d i o c r i t y "...... I've seen lots of losing over my 22 years as a Gamecocker--I also have urgency, but things take time.

You probably need to volunteer at a soup kitchen. You are taking this way too seriously.

What a load of crap. The people saying they would be satisfied with 6 wins and a bowl game ARE TALKING ABOUT THIS YEAR. I don't know anybody that is a Gamecock fan that thinks that is the endgame. If you think for some reason that there is no excuse for us if we don't get to 6 wins THIS YEAR, you might be the dumbest football fan in the history of sports. If Beamer gets to 7 or 8 wins or better, he should be National Coach of the Year.

Six wins would be fantastic FOR THIS YEAR and something to build on. And improvement will be expected as YEARS go by. And if it doesn't happen, the administration that you claim just accepts poor results will probably fire him, just like they did Muschump. Your claim that they just accept poor results is just a flat out lie. You don't fire a coach and pay a $13 million buyout if you are just willing to accept losing.

We are 2-0, the best spot we could be right now. Put on your big girl panties, suck it up when we get beat by teams that are just flat better than us, and give Beamer a chance to get us there. And by chance, I mean YEARS, not crying like a Nancy Kerrigan if we get killed by Georgia this Saturday.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: myrtlecock
You probably need to volunteer at a soup kitchen. You are taking this way too seriously.
Perhaps you're not taking it seriously enough, that is if you want to win. If not go back an sit with the losers in the loser room.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT