ADVERTISEMENT

Two overrated Gamecocks (basketball)

76gintcock

Oct 27, 2007
1. Chris Silva. I just don't think he's all he's cracked up to be. He simply cannot shoot the ball from close to the basket without getting it smashed into his face. Even shorter guys block his shots. I hope I'm wrong, but I cannot imagine him ever playing a minute in the NBA. There are too many guys his height who can handle the ball, shoot the 3 pointer, and dunk over smaller players.

2. Carey Rich. I could not believe "The Captain" showed up doing color work on the ESPN+ broadcast. I'm sure he meets the primary requirement--he's cheap. But somebody needs to tell this guy that verbosity is not a substitute for profundity. I know he's a good Gamecock and all of that, but he's a lousy announcer. He cannot shut up. I can't even listen to him on 107.5. Same problem. Give me Alex English any day. He might allow some "empty space" on the audio of a broadcast, but at least when he talks it's worth listening to.

Reactions: PC31
Those FB announcers just won't STHU for even a few seconds. Most are not worth listening to so I mute the sound and close caption. There are a few who are absolutely great. As far as Pro FB is concerned,Tony Romo is great. Don't like any sports announcer who talks in an overly excited voice all the time. It's irritating not exciting.

Rich is hideous. It's like he is trying to copy the over the top announcing you used to hear on those stupid street ball type games they had at 2 in the morning on ESPN2. Am sure he comes cheap. As he should. Somebody take the mic away from. That guy

No need to call out players. This team is not very good from the coach on down.

why don't you boys get a room and have a basketball fuss

the rest of us are watching a football game

go cocks!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT