ADVERTISEMENT

Uconn looking real strong these days

Nope…Don’t have a money issue. My issue is with A**holes that don’t understand…that one team got an inequitable benefit that the other 67 teams did not.
Oh, so the men didn’t reap a benefit on their final four run with first two games in Gvl?
Women didn’t reap a benefit winning sec championship in Gvl?

May I ask where you received your primary education, let me guess in the lower part of the state.
It’s hard to hide over accomplishment

Oh, so the men didn’t reap a benefit on their final four run with first two games in Gvl?
Women didn’t reap a benefit winning sec championship in Gvl?

May I ask where you received your primary education, let me guess in the lower part of the state.
It’s hard to hide over accomplishment
Funny…I don’t have to ask about your education, because you haven’t proven that you’ve ever acquired one. You obviously don’t understand Geography. A Conference Tournament is a little different than the NCAA Tournament. Btw…Carolina didn’t play 4 games in this State, to get to the Final Four. UCONN did though!

1) If we have an off shooting night, we can't beat Stanford or UConn.

2) women bball still sucks overall.
I'm 42 and overweight. Me and 4 other old white guys would beat 99.9% of the women teams out there. It's still a game to watch when USC plays but other than that, it's tough to watch more than a minute or two.
I was a ‘decent’ basketball player in high school. When women bb started not long after high school I could have made the team and been one of, if not the best, players. Today, I wouldn’t even make the team. The level of play from then to now is not even comparable

If I were Geno I’d tell Bueckers to shoot it every time she has the chance.
She's truly amazing and fun to watch. Fearless competitor who wants the ball when the game is on the line. Church ball comments on here...phsaw.

In a pre season warm up game at CLA I watched as the Lady G's destroyed their all male practice team. That practice team is made up of USC students who were very good high school players. We have a number of Lady G's who can dunk and incoming recruit Ashlynn Watkins just won the MacDonalds dunk contest.

Reactions: taiwancock
Ssshhh, don't tell them that. it could fracture their already frail ego. These girls can play the game. They know how to set picks, pressure, rebound and dribble. To think that a church league team could actually stay on the court with them is an asinine statement. We have to best team in the nation. Go Gamecocks.

Stanford keeps holding Texas at bay as that game gets late. I think Texas is a little ahead of schedule to be where they are. Stanford runs their offense beautifully. Lots of pick and roll and frequent back-door and down-the-lane cuts. They are really good.
I enjoyed Stanford vs UCONN, but it was anything but beautiful. 19 turnovers and 37% shooting from UCONN. Stanford's offense was a complete mess. They launched 3 pointer after 3 pointer early in the shot clock, failing to attack UCONN's bigs, who were in foul trouble. Stanford was 4 of 23 on 3's. Yikes.

But give both teams credit for playing outstanding defense. UCONN outrebounded Stanford by 9, which shocked me. Rebounding was the difference.

Reactions: Ward Jr
Ssshhh, don't tell them that. it could fracture their already frail ego. These girls can play the game. They know how to set picks, pressure, rebound and dribble. To think that a church league team could actually stay on the court with them is an asinine statement. We have to best team in the nation. Go Gamecocks.
Heck, I hardly know any guy who is 6-5 like Boston. And I’m pretty sure she would pound a 42yo former HS athlete. Sheesh.

Reactions: taiwancock
Did y'all see the granny shot attempt on a layup by Cooke I believe it was? Or the 15 shots between both teams that looked like JV middle school teams? IDK, it's just different. I'll pull for Carolina in any sport. It's just hard to take women's bball seriously.

Hope our ladies are up to the task of finishing this tournament to the end.
Championship game in Beuckers’ home state. Place will be packed with Minnesota fans all pulling for UCONN because of Beuckers. UCONN will get the calls. Gamecocks don’t have a prayer in the championship game.

We do not need the calls to beat uconn....we are better just play our game we win and I do not care what anyone says this will go down as one of the greatest womens teams ever.

Go UConn! Beat racist and anti American Staley!!!
You might want to leave us and go join UCONN Boneyard but they'll probably laugh their @sses off about your faux patriotism.

Plus others have noted that Geno / UCONN do not come out for the anthem either but I guess they doesn't fit the narrative you want.

How many Olympics has Dawn proudly represented our country in? But I guess that doesn't fit your narrative either.

Last edited:
It kills me some of the illiteracy on this board....Since lately we have only been good at one sport people find something to criticize about....I dont care what they do...at least they WIN

Funny…I don’t have to ask about your education, because you haven’t proven that you’ve ever acquired one. You obviously don’t understand Geography. A Conference Tournament is a little different than the NCAA Tournament. Btw…Carolina didn’t play 4 games in this State, to get to the Final Four. UCONN did though!
And we will next year in Greenville - for-Boston’s senior year. Since that won’t be fair, should we tell the NCAA to move it somewhere else?

In a pre season warm up game at CLA I watched as the Lady G's destroyed their all male practice team. That practice team is made up of USC students who were very good high school players. We have a number of Lady G's who can dunk and incoming recruit Ashlynn Watkins just won the MacDonalds dunk contest.

This post is a joke. Carolina’s men’s team could beat the #1 women’s team however bad they wanted to. I don’t think the women could even score a point unless it was on a free throw after a foul. You would have to incentivize the men to not go easy on them though. Offer to pay $100 for each point in the margin of victory to each player. You probably end up with a 200-5 score. It wouldn’t be competitive and everyone knows it.

Reactions: Neanderthal
Championship game in Beuckers’ home state. Place will be packed with Minnesota fans all pulling for UCONN because of Beuckers. UCONN will get the calls. Gamecocks don’t have a prayer in the championship game.
Damn. The ladies "don't have a prayer" in the title game tonight? Smh wow

This post is a joke. Carolina’s men’s team could beat the #1 women’s team however bad they wanted to. I don’t think the women could even score a point unless it was on a free throw after a foul. You would have to incentivize the men to not go easy on them though. Offer to pay $100 for each point in the margin of victory to each player. You probably end up with a 200-5 score. It wouldn’t be competitive and everyone knows it.
He is talking about the volunteer practice team of 10 guys that Coach Staley picks from the student body , not the actual men's basketball team. For so-called Gamecock fans, we sure do have a whole lot of people that don't know what's going on. The practice team are guys that usually played high school ball, but don't have the size to continue to the college level. I was a 6'0" 2-Guard in high school. Not too many college programs are checking for those. I know good and well that I would be in for a long day in the post with Aaliyah Boston even in my best days let alone now. So, for those thinking that you could just go out there and compete with our ladies. Please stop. You can't. Most of them are bigger than you and spend their time training as a team. They would embarrass you.

He is talking about the volunteer practice team of 10 guys that Coach Staley picks from the student body , not the actual men's basketball team. For so-called Gamecock fans, we sure do have a whole lot of people that don't know what's going on. The practice team are guys that usually played high school ball, but don't have the size to continue to the college level. I was a 6'0" 2-Guard in high school. Not too many college programs are checking for those. I know good and well that I would be in for a long day in the post with Aaliyah Boston even in my best days let alone now. So, for those thinking that you could just go out there and compete with our ladies. Please stop. You can't. Most of them are bigger than you and spend their time training as a team. They would embarrass you.
I would wager any amount of $ that the HS state champ boys teams in SC would mop the floor with the #1 women’s college team, Boston included. I’m not talking about some out of shape intramural mens team.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cockytalk84
I would wager any amount of $ that the HS state champ boys teams in SC would mop the floor with the #1 women’s college team, Boston included. I’m not talking about some out of shape intra-mural mens team.
They may not mop the floor with them because high school ball is now a game of athleticism and individualism over skill and team play. But I believe a boys’ high school title team would win.

I was an AD and coach at a school some years ago where our girls’ teams won multiple state titles in a large-school classification. A few times a season, our girls would play our freshmen boys’ team. That was usually a good game for about 3/4 of it, then usually the guys would pull away. Just a small deal but one tiny example of what happened.

The question is always “What size of ball do we play with?” That is a big difference. Our boys would always want the smaller ball because those guys with small hands could dunk it. So if you ever stage a contest between two teams of different genders, the equipment may be different and that is always a factor.

They may not mop the floor with them because high school ball is now a game of athleticism and individualism over skill and team play. But I believe a boys’ high school title team would win.

I was an AD and coach at a school some years ago where our girls’ teams won multiple state titles in a large-school classification. A few times a season, our girls would play our freshmen boys’ team. That was usually a good game for about 3/4 of it, then usually the guys would pull away. Just a small deal but one tiny example of what happened.

The question is always “What size of ball do we play with?” That is a big difference. Our boys would always want the smaller ball because those guys with small hands could dunk it. So if you ever stage a contest between two teams of different genders, the equipment may be different and that is always a factor.
I also attended a school where the HS girls team was a perennial state title contender. I was on the JV boys team at the time and our practice time followed theirs. Often we would scrimmage their team with whoever showed up for practice early that day. It wasn’t pretty. Total blocked shot fest. We could easily beat them with a mix of starters and backups.

Wait until tip-off. Then start accusing the refs

I also attended a school where the HS girls team was a perennial state title contender. I was on the JV boys team at the time and our practice time followed theirs. Often we would scrimmage their team with whoever showed up for practice early that day. It wasn’t pretty. Total blocked shot fest. We could easily beat them with a mix of starters and backups.
No offense, JT. I'm sure you were a good ball player in your day, and your boys team was surely good too, but hope you're not saying that you would have been able to take the WBB team from SC, you know, the one that is taking the national championship tonight. For one thing, this team has very good size compared to most HS boys basketball teams. Ahem. 6'7 Cardoso, 6'5" Boston. We have a few little guards, but also a few over 6'0".

No offense, JT. I'm sure you were a good ball player in your day, and your boys team was surely good too, but hope you're not saying that you would have been able to take the WBB team from SC, you know, the one that is taking the national championship tonight. For one thing, this team has very good size compared to most HS boys basketball teams. Ahem. 6'7 Cardoso, 6'5" Boston. We have a few little guards, but also a few over 6'0".
No offense taken. The original post I responded to was talking about how the women’s team ‘destroyed’ a men’s team. I’m not suggesting that any JV boys team could beat them, but a men’s team or HS boys team of any caliber would likely blow them out. The original poster’s suggestion that this team could beat skilled men is preposterous. And as far as all the dunking he referenced, I don’t recall seeing a dunk in a game by this team all season.

Regarding height, our center was 6’5, forwards were 6’4 and 6’3, guards were 6’1 and 5’11. So yeah there wouldn’t have been a size advantage. My personal experience in scrimmaging against older females was that they have very little vertical jump compared to men. That’s why most scrimmages there would be a ton of blocked shots. There would also be a lot of steals due to the difference in quickness and general athletic coordination.

Racist? Seems to me you’re the one that’s racist. Dawn Staley is a champion on multiple levels, what have you accomplished?

Go UCONN …would usually pull for the SEC team but Coach Staley makin millions thinks she’s disadvantaged and can’t stand to hear her Countries anthem …shame on her and her team. What a embarrassment for you Gamecock fans

You are talking about a good high school girls team against a boys team. Our girls are not just a good high school girls team. You are talking the best of the best from across the country. Of course, our girls would lose to Ridge View. They have GG and a couple other kids 6’5” or better. However, the average boys team around here with a 6’4” Center, and 6’1” Fowards would be in for a long day. There are levels to basketball even with the men. You can’t compare a 5A State Championship High School Boys Team to every Boys Team.

Go UCONN …would usually pull for the SEC team but Coach Staley makin millions thinks she’s disadvantaged and can’t stand to hear her Countries anthem …shame on her and her team. What a embarrassment for you Gamecock fans
Amen brother, I agree with you….She is a joke and has no right to inflict her politics into her job. No one else could do this at their place of business.

UCONN…Only team in the whole Tournament, playing every game in their home State. That should never happen!
I completely agree, every year they play in Connecticut or New York. NCAA and it's biases, even Rebecca Lobo had a difficult time trying to explain why they get to stay close to home every year

Now a days I guess it would depend on if any of the girls on the women's team used to be men.

Amen brother, I agree with you….She is a joke and has no right to inflict her politics into her job. No one else could do this at their place of business.
All of you should just slink off to the Clemson board already.

Reactions: ShannonL
All of you should just slink off to the Clemson board already.
Thank goodness that our men’s program hasn’t had a Basketball Coach like a John Thompson, John Chaney, or Nolan Richardson yet. You don’t think those Coaches would not be participating in the anthem protests if they were around or coaching today? Not only would they have participated, but probably told the people that didn’t like it to go “Bleep” themselves.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT