ADVERTISEMENT

Uconn looking real strong these days

Damn. The ladies "don't have a prayer" in the title game tonight? Smh wow
Where did you see hate in my comment, huh? I merely stated the conditions the team will face tonight. They will indeed have to overcome the crowd and the officials who will be influenced by the crowd. I was being supportive of the team dimwit.

1) I don’t care if you are 42 and an Ironman, they’d smoke you.

2) Church league teams are $&#%. A group of 5 from Rockwood (park where I grew up in RVA) could smoke them. Don’t know where THE spot is in Columbia because I didn’t grow up here, but wherever it is, those guys would do the same.

3) Like King said previously, WBB is the game in its purest form, and our ladies are the BEST, and we should embrace that, not belittle it

4) “Everything was better in my day….” but todays NBA is unwatchable. Some people love MJ some hate him, but he wasn’t just air, he was the most fundamentally sound player on both ends in my lifetime, and many other stars back then were too, that’s why the NBA was great back then. Every game now is like the All Star game, and while I’ve grown to like Curry a little but, I’d pay to see the Bad Boys send him into the second row when he does that shimmy. Also, LBJ and even Kobe are a distant second to MJ. Nothing wrong with that. He’s the best player in any sport, ever

Reactions: Neanderthal
1) I don’t care if you are 42 and an Ironman, they’d smoke you.

2) Church league teams are $&#%. A group of 5 from Rockwood (park where I grew up in RVA) could smoke them. Don’t know where THE spot is in Columbia because I didn’t grow up here, but wherever it is, those guys would do the same.

3) Like King said previously, WBB is the game in its purest form, and our ladies are the BEST, and we should embrace that, not belittle it

4) “Everything was better in my day….” but todays NBA is unwatchable. Some people love MJ some hate him, but he wasn’t just air, he was the most fundamentally sound player on both ends in my lifetime, and many other stars back then were too, that’s why the NBA was great back then. Every game now is like the All Star game, and while I’ve grown to like Curry a little but, I’d pay to see the Bad Boys send him into the second row when he does that shimmy. Also, LBJ and even Kobe are a distant second to MJ. Nothing wrong with that. He’s the best player in any sport, ever
Not disagreeing with you, but how can you have an informed opinion about something (NBA) when you believe it is unwatchable. At a certain point, you are out of the loop and just don't know. I actually think that all basketball goes in cycles whether it is College Basketball or Professional. I actually think the NBA is more competitive and a better game now due to the International impact of the game. In the 80's that was just starting. However, you will probably have 3 of the 5 players on the All-NBA first team as international players this year. Now, these kids have to compete with the entire world just to make teams whereas the only had to compete with players in this country 30 years ago. The NBA MVP will be an International Player for the fourth year in a row. If you can't appreciate a big like Nikola Jokic or Giannis Antetokounmo, I just don't know what you are looking for. I, also, think the College game and the professional have gotten more similar with the advent of the 30 second shot clock, charge circles and rules regarding defenders restricting movement in the college game. The biggest two differences are the interpretation of what is a travel and legal guarding position for a charge or block. You take the UNC-Duke game on Saturday night and put some NBA jerseys on them. It's the same thing. I think sometimes people get turned off by the star players having more power than the coach in the NBA and get turned off. They criticize the play because they don't like the change in the power dynamic of player and coach because of the money involved. However, if you watch both, like I do, you will find that the play is not at all different. You will see a stretch 4 just about like a Bradey Manek (UNC) on every NBA team. You will see a Point Guard like Caleb Love (UNC) take over an NBA game. In fact, Love made him some money over the course of this tournament and I think he is playing his last college game tonight.

Reactions: taiwancock
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT