ADVERTISEMENT

UGA Commit bought Ford Raptor today.

Do you really? Do you want to cheat?
EVERY PROGRAM CHEATS! I have seen it done here too with my own eyes back when Holtz was our coach and it still goes on today at our program and every major college football program. We have boosters. Boosters serve one purpose- GIVE MONEY. When given the opportunity to interract with players, the money is given directly to the players/recruits. Shocking, I know...

Get off your high horse people- acting like we have some moral high ground over UGA or Clemzun because they cheat and we don’t!! We DO, we just suck at cheating as well apparently. Until we make blue chip moves we won’t crack the top 5-10 in recruiting consistently like schools the ilk of UGA, clemzun or Bama... but compared to those schools we really don’t have the financial backing. Our biggest financial contributors at USC are actually good people who give most of their money to the SCHOOL not the athletic department. Those silly misguided folk seem to think a University should provide a high quality EXUCATION (that means people learn stuff here) instead of just being some NFL farm... Obviously for those of us who care about sports... we probably wish more of their money was going to buy Ford Raptors and into brown papr bags to be handed to recruits and their families at times like this.

Reactions: All_Orange
My graduation gift was a 1980 Honda Accord in 1995. I wish I could have had the opportunity to flaunt it on social media.
It;'s not too late.

001.jpg

As a bi-vocational pastor I can assure that 99% of pastors are not in to their profession for monetary reasons.
I think that comment was about $Cam Newton's dad, who probably got a big wad of cash for improvements to his "church". The NCAA basically said the reason Cam wasn't ruled ineligible was that he didn't know his father shopped his services to colleges. His dad was banned from stadiums where his son was playing. They don't do that based on a hunch. There was hard evidence.

Not to mention a lot of dealerships will be very “Accommodating” with their financing options when they have a kid who will be a millionaire in 3 years standing in the show room . Happens all the time . Ching Ching
That's illegal. Got Ole Miss on probation recently.

I have no first-hand knowledge of this particular situation, and therefore can't say if there's anything shady going on. However, fans get carried away with this stuff and don't realize several basic realities:
  1. It's not that hard for a recruit's family to make a new car payment when they won't have to spend a dime on the kid's college education, especially if they'll be saving money on food, clothes, and even spending money (via a stipend), the moment he goes off to school. In fact, check the parking lot outside just about ANY college athletic dorm and this is the kind of thing you'll find, including USC.
  2. If it's a lease, the monthly payments could be as low as $400.
  3. 70% of the kids on most college campuses have cars, including those who also have to pay for tuition, room, and board.
  4. It's not at all uncommon for families to reward their child athletes with lavish gifts, especially when they suspect the same or a lot more may be coming their way when the kid eventually goes pro.
  5. If a booster bought a recruit a luxury item like a car, that would be one of the easiest things to prove, because all you have to do is follow the payment trail. Therefore, it's not smart and is generally not the way programs tend to offer illegal inducements these days.
So, maybe there's something shady with this particular situation, but new cars for college kids that will have no expenses and could even eventually land a pro contract is not uncommon or implausible at all.
But if a church donates to the unfortunate who then donates to there family..........

I have no first-hand knowledge of this particular situation, and therefore can't say if there's anything shady going on. However, fans get carried away with this stuff and don't realize several basic realities:
  1. It's not that hard for a recruit's family to make a new car payment when they won't have to spend a dime on the kid's college education, especially if they'll be saving money on food, clothes, and even spending money (via a stipend), the moment he goes off to school. In fact, check the parking lot outside just about ANY college athletic dorm and this is the kind of thing you'll find, including USC.
  3. 70% of the kids on most college campuses have cars, including those who also have to pay for tuition, room, and board.
  4. It's not at all uncommon for families to reward their child athletes with lavish gifts, especially when they suspect the same or a lot more may be coming their way when the kid eventually goes pro.
  5. If a booster bought a recruit a luxury item like a car, that would be one of the easiest things to prove, because all you have to do is follow the payment trail. Therefore, it's not smart and is generally not the way programs tend to offer illegal inducements these days.
So, maybe there's something shady with this particular situation, but new cars for college kids that will have no expenses and could even eventually land a pro contract is not uncommon or implausible at all.

But if a church donates to the unfortunate who then donates to there family..........
And if said family member then sells car wash business for more than a quarter of a million dollars........

Reactions: Cocky704
I'm sure there's a very simple explanation for why something that virtually never happens happened to a #1 recruit.

Reactions: Cocky704
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT