ADVERTISEMENT

Uga game is HUGE!

bushmastercock

Nov 30, 2015
I’m sure someone will insert one of those “captain obvious “ photos but is it just me or does this year’s uga game feel more important than ever for us to win? Bigger than any in recent memory. 2010 we won and went on to win the east. 2012 we won and ended up watching uga take bama to the wire in the sec championship game. Somehow this one feels bigger.
Muschamp has yet to beat his buddy Kirbi. This will be his 3rd attempt. We’re at home. We have experience and depth at every position. The offense looks ready to put up some points. Uga’s offense looked impressive as well yesterday and they are loaded with talent. However, they are replacing 7 defensive staters, and we get them early.
We need this game if we are going to compete at a higher level on the recruiting trail and for sec titles. It will only get tougher as they are recruiting at an insane pace. Lose this game and it’s not the end of the season, but win, and it could be the game that gets us over that proverbial hump.
Just win!! Go Gamecocks!!

Reactions: MAB123
I feel where your coming from but having attended every game in the series for the last 20 years or more I have to say 2012 was the biggest.
That was one of the best teams I personally think we have ever had. Gameday was there we were both in the top 7 I believe etc..

The lead up to this one reminds me of 2010 in the sense we are big underdogs.

I think this is obviously important but our lack of depth on the DL is going to hurt us in the 4th. We aren't there yet.

Big game for Muschamp but not like a make or break.

Want to win Saturday more than any other game (any other!) this year but we're not there yet. Would be huge upset, and I think all the press hyping the game and our chances helps keep UGA focused.

Biggest game in a long time...

A loss will make it nearly impossible to win the East. We’d have to win out and they’d have to drop 2, both of which are unlikely.

https://247sports.com/college/georg...rolina-Florida-Auburn-Georgia-Tech-119702737/
13.5 pt dog at home as of July, and ESPN only gives us a 26.7% chance to win.
In the national media’ eyes, we’ll be lucky to just escape this game healthy much less win. Didn’t realize we had fallen behind uga so fast. Guess the latest odds come out this afternoon, but whatever the spread, I think we’ll have something for em. Huge game for us!

We beat Georgia twice and they still win the east. If they get brain cramps like we did in those years our winning the east is still possible. Of course that means no stupid losses (I.e KY)

If we beat them Athens will be the next Jonestown

No, not really, we beat UGA and still lost the East to UGA because of loss again Tennessee in 2012, I think...

You’re thinking of 2013 when we actually lost to UGA then should have still won the East but blew it against Tennessee. Missouri ended up winning it that year.

We beat UGA in both 2011 and 2012 but still didn’t make it because of losses to Auburn and Arkansas in 2011 and LSU in florida in 2012. UGA ran the table both times after their loss to us (which is what you’d have to do).

In all those scenarios, the team that lost the game had to run the table the rest of the way then get some help from the other team. We nearly did in 2013. They did it in 2011 and 2012.

So it’s definitely not impossible, just highly unlikely. This season in particular, I’m not sure we are good enough to run the table after UGA. However after opening weekend, UGA’s matchups with auburn and LSU look tougher...

You’re thinking of 2013 when we actually lost to UGA then should have still won the East but blew it against Tennessee. Missouri ended up winning it that year.

We beat UGA in both 2011 and 2012 but still didn’t make it because of losses to Auburn and Arkansas in 2011 and LSU in florida in 2012. UGA ran the table both times after their loss to us (which is what you’d have to do).

In all those scenarios, the team that lost the game had to run the table the rest of the way then get some help from the other team. We nearly did in 2013. They did it in 2011 and 2012.

So it’s definitely not impossible, just highly unlikely. This season in particular, I’m not sure we are good enough to run the table after UGA. However after opening weekend, UGA’s matchups with auburn and LSU look tougher...

Yeah, I couldn't remember the year, but I do remember that we beat everyone in the East, but the losses in the West cost us the SEC Championship to UGA in 2011 and looked up 2013, that Tennessee game was the one that cost us the East Championship... I was in teh Mountains of NC watching that game...

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
Yeah, I couldn't remember the year, but I do remember that we beat everyone in the East, but the losses in the West cost us the SEC Championship to UGA in 2011 and looked up 2013, that Tennessee game was the one that cost us the East Championship... I was in teh Mountains of NC watching that game...

I was at the game.... had plans to stay with some friends in Knoxville that night, but drove right on back to SC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT