ADVERTISEMENT

UGA taking USC scraps

JohnnySolo

May 6, 2011
Muschamp the DC and Bobo the OC. Not sure what to think about that. I'd take Muschamp as DC before Bobo. He needs to coach rec ball.

Muschamp the DC and Bobo the OC. Not sure what to think about that. I'd take Muschamp as DC before Bobo. He needs to coach rec ball.
This might be the first crack in the armor in Athens. Sure they have better talent to work with but they both have shown throughout their careers an ability to Under achieve.

I think Bobo is an excellent football coach and person.

This appears to be a good move in my view. It also is a stability move for the program.

I am sure Bobo has also learned some things the last few years on the staff given who he has worked around. As coaches say, you are always learning and I am sure that's happened to him as well.

UGA will benefit from that.

Back to back titles seems destined to mean some bit of slipping. If they don't win 3 in a row, people will accuse them of dropping like a rock.

BoBo is probably one of those guys you don’t want as H/C, but is a fine position coach. It seems like forever ago since he coached here.

Muschamp had a lot higher grade of players at GA than here - Bobo will have them too! I think I heard a wise man once say that it's not the x's and 0's, it's the Jimmy's and Joe's!!

2* dual threat on Rivals. He rushed for 205 yds & 10 TDs this past season. ?

I think he's a drop back passer who can run. His scouting profile says he "runs when needed" as opposed to running as a game plan which is what I think of as a dual threat. Georgia, under Stetson, did a lot of damage with their short and medium passing game. He did pass for over 4,000 yards.

he averaged 3.8 rushes a game. Against Florida and Tennessee, he rushed 1 time each. In the SEC title game, he rushed 2 times, Against TCU, 3 times. His rushing average for the year was 3.6 yards a game.

He can run. But the plan at Georgia was clearly for him to stand in the pocket and throw the ball.

Last edited:
I think he's a drop back passer who can run. His scouting profile says he "runs when needed" as opposed to running as a game plan which is what I think of as a dual threat.
So are Jalen Hurts & Patrick Mahomes dual threat?

So are Jalen Hurts & Patrick Mahomes dual threat?

Everyone is going to view things differently.

Mahomes isn't in my view because I view a dual threat QB as someone where the game-plan will be for him to attempt to hurt the defense in the running game.

There are multiple games this year where Mahomes rushed for 3-4 times for less than 15 yards. He never rushed for more than 7 times (once) in a game. There was no game this year where his running was featured as part of the game-plan. He almost always runs when things break down. To me - that is not a dual threat QB. In the AFC title game, he rushed 3 times for 8 yards.

Does that mean he can't run? No. Does that mean he couldn't be one? No. I don't think that's what he wants to do and that's not how KC uses him.

Hurts is more of a dual threat. There are multiple games this year when he rushed the ball for 15+ times. In at least 5 games this year, his running was a featured part of the offense.

But just my view.

Everyone is going to view things differently.
Did you ever conisder the offense that's built around a player's skill set? And that is more important than labels?
Hurts, Mahomes, & Josh Allen are guys who make plays with their arms & legs...and win games. Much like our very own Connor Shaw.
Mike Bobo typically does not run an offense like that. He didn't at UGA, at CSU, and here (Collin Hill).

Watch UGA next season.

Did you ever conisder the offense that's built around a player's skill set? And that is more important than labels?

Any average to above average team will have the offense largely built around the player's skill set. That's true starting in middle school. I think everyone knows this most basic of information.

Hurts, Mahomes, & Josh Allen are guys who make plays with their arms & legs...and win games. Much like our very own Connor Shaw.
Mike Bobo typically does not run an offense like that. He didn't at UGA, at CSU, and here (Collin Hill).

I don't even know what you are arguing at this point.

All I said about Bobo was that I thought he was a good hire and good coach. Said nothing about his offensive style or what he will try to run. We will all find out next year. I am sure the head coach will have a lot of input in what they try to run and use their very talented QB's given Smart's personality.

and sorry, I am not going to compare what Bobo will be working with at starting QB at Georgia with Collin Hill. That doesn't seem reasonable to me.

You seem to want to argue about nothing.. Not interested today.

You seem to want to argue about nothing.. Not interested today.
I'm not arguing anything. Next time you reply to one of my posts, I'll ignore you.

200w.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT