ADVERTISEMENT

Uh oh... (Burch)

Does this happen at other schools? I don't remember seeing Clemturd commits doing this, even before their recent success.

Reactions: 76MACC
How common is it for a player to verbally commit to a team on national tv. And then flip and sign with a different team a month or so later?

Last edited:
"Said each of his top five have reached out to him since he committed. Said he hasn’t ruled out other visits in January." Doesn't sound like his recruitment is 100% over.
ITS OVER.... Clemson was his third choice..

Go
Until he signs it is not over. Verbal commitments are not official, and schools are free to contact him until he does sign.
Good Luck..... By the way that was a misquote by your Twitter source.. others that were there didn't quote him saying that... Got a video of it. If not it's propaganda... Anyway, Good Luck.

This kind of situation is exactly why we still need Ellis Johnson recruiting for us (re: Clowney).

Reactions: mavcock
"Said each of his top five have reached out to him since he committed. Said he hasn’t ruled out other visits in January." Doesn't sound like his recruitment is 100% over.
They left off his statement after he said they've reached out. which was "I haven't responded." His statement about visits came from a direct question regarding that....the only two of his top 5 he hasn't OV'd is us and Clemson.

I think that's right. Dabo seems to be serious about it. He extends offers later than other schools. And he tells players not to commit until they're sure they're "All In." Once they're committed, he doesn't allow them to visit other schools or he pulls their offer. Similarly, he doesn't let other recruits committed elsewhere visit Clemson.

I think that's what happened with Flowe. He apparently liked Clemson, Oregon, and USC. Venables went to see if he'd commit then and there, but he said he didn't know where he wanted to go yet. So they stopped recruiting him (though don't believe Clemson fans who say they didn't want him before that, they really, really did) and instead chose Simpson, who paid his own way to the ACC championship just to watch them. It's a risky recruiting tactic. Only a handful of schools could play hardball like that.
. He doesn't let players who have committed to someone else visit.... I have to call nonsense on that...

its free!! I'd go too....gonna treat him like a king on those visits.. don't mean he's gonna commit to them lol..just means he gonna get to have a great time on their dime... hell maybe even pocket a few 100 dollar hand shakes...lol... imo

Hmmm..they’re not great vacation or location places to visit. I could see it, if it was, Hawaii or somewhere not shitty. However, I’m not worried.........yet.

Last edited:
. He doesn't let players who have committed to someone else visit.... I have to call nonsense on that...

They definitely allow it, but selectively and rarely. The kid who flipped from LSU took an OV the weekend before. Clemson was always his first choice, but there wasn’t room when he committed to LSU.

A tactic to help save WM's job. He is a secure commit. But helping a friend's Dad was the objective on the 18th. Feb. NSD could be too late. Their parents are aware that Caslen was ready to make changes November 1st and BOT stepped in and said wait until the season is over. BOT will not do anything until forced to.
This is just not true.. Regurgitated Myth... Muschamps job was never in doubt this year.. He's waiting to sign with teammates. This is straight from Burchs mouth.. Nice Conspiracy theory fits right in with the others currently out.

A tactic to help save WM's job. He is a secure commit. But helping a friend's Dad was the objective on the 18th. Feb. NSD could be too late. Their parents are aware that Caslen was ready to make changes November 1st and BOT stepped in and said wait until the season is over. BOT will not do anything until forced to.
A_F, never known you to go around spreading baseless rumors, but this is simply just not true. Some discussions occurred between Caslan and certain members of the BoT after he made his misguided comment, but this definitely was not the subject of them.

Reactions: b_huggins
This kind of situation is exactly why we still need Ellis Johnson recruiting for us (re: Clowney).

Last thing we need is Ellis Johnson doing anything.

As for Clowney, EJ had nothing to do with him signing here. The hard truth is EJ was getting nowhere with him, he gave up and handed his recruitment over to Ward.

From what I've seen and heard, I believe Clemson emphasizes the meaning of commitment more to go along with their "All In" and "Family" mantras.

I think that's right. Dabo seems to be serious about it. He extends offers later than other schools. And he tells players not to commit until they're sure they're "All In." Once they're committed, he doesn't allow them to visit other schools or he pulls their offer. Similarly, he doesn't let other recruits committed elsewhere visit Clemson.

I think that's what happened with Flowe. He apparently liked Clemson, Oregon, and USC. Venables went to see if he'd commit then and there, but he said he didn't know where he wanted to go yet. So they stopped recruiting him (though don't believe Clemson fans who say they didn't want him before that, they really, really did) and instead chose Simpson, who paid his own way to the ACC championship just to watch them. It's a risky recruiting tactic. Only a handful of schools could play hardball like that.

BS

Until he signs it is not over. Verbal commitments are not official, and schools are free to contact him until he does sign.
do you have something to gain by this? are you a tater? can anything be done about your conspiracy theory? then just let it go...you aint helping yourself or anybody else around here...he says thast he hasnt responded to any of them...lord have mercy, calm down

do you have something to gain by this? are you a tater? can anything be done about your conspiracy theory? then just let it go...you aint helping yourself or anybody else around here...he says thast he hasnt responded to any of them...lord have mercy, calm down
He's a well known 100 percent Tiger Troll... He's terrible at it.

Reactions: okccock
“I really want to wait till February to sign with my teammates,” Burch said. “That was a big goal. I think the coaches understand because we do have two other commits that go to my school."

“I have been contacted by some schools,” Burch said. “I have not had a message saying come in January for an official visit. I haven’t responded to any messages yet. I haven’t thought about taking visits yet.”

Under Armour interview https://southcarolina.rivals.com/ne...s-south-carolina-commitment-signing-timetable

Does "I haven’t thought about taking visits yet" = Said he hasn’t ruled out other visits in January? Technically, but seems a bit of a stretch.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT