ADVERTISEMENT

UNC argyle patterns....

I am sorry rod, i should have said football to clarify. its football, and they are wearing argyles...dont be such a prick all the time.

Look, DA....the Tar Holes have used that "argyle" pattern on their basketball uniforms since 1992. The football team decided to adopt it this year.

new_uni_front-back.jpg

Have you not paid attention to their basketball uniforms since 1992?
No, I have not watched them play a game since Carolina left the ACC. Don't really have an interest in North Carolina; but, I'll say this, that pattern looks like wrapping paper for a gift to the mother of a newborn baby boy. Maybe that's the reason they use baby blue to start with? It might strike cheer in their world, but it won't strike fear in an opponent.

Look, DA....the Tar Holes have used that "argyle" pattern on their basketball uniforms since 1992. The football team decided to adopt it this year.

new_uni_front-back.jpg
no shyt sherlock...its bad enough on a basketball jersey....we are talking football uniforms....the other people get it...sorry its over your head.

The argyle pattern is a design by a world famous designer Alexander Julian. He was born in and attended UNC-Chapel Hill.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Julian

Julian designed the uniform for the Charlotte Hornets when they joined the NBA,[13] and re-designed the University of North Carolina Tar Heels men's basketball uniforms. He created the trademark argyle pattern down the sides of the uniform, added bolder trim, and used different fabrics for the 1991-92 season uponDean Smith's request.[14] He also designed the stadium seating for the Charlotte Knights baseball team in 1990, using seats in fourteen different colors to create a pattern not unlike a textile pattern.

Last edited:
The argyle pattern is a design by a world famous designer Alexander Julian. He was born in and attended UNC-Chapel Hill.

Julian designed the uniform for the Charlotte Hornets when they joined the NBA,[13] and re-designed the University of North Carolina Tar Heels men's basketball uniforms. He created the trademark argyle pattern down the sides of the uniform, added bolder trim, and used different fabrics for the 1991-92 season uponDean Smith's request.[14] He also designed the stadium seating for the Charlotte Knights baseball team in 1990, using seats in fourteen different colors to create a pattern not unlike a textile pattern.

If by world famous you mean not well known outside of North Carolina it seems. Clearly if our football uniforms were ridiculous it would be justified by having Jasper Johns design them.

Reactions: IrmoRed

Yeah well, the Hornet uniforms sucked as well.

I am with the OP. All the guys I was watching the game with laughed at how stupid they looked. Actually, the word that was used was "gay" but I don't think we can say that now. They should change them to pink and be done with it

So many way to go with this! I'll say it's different, the Tar Heels always promoted themselves as different in a snobbish way! Argyle is a classy pattern, they always promoted themselves as classy in a we're better than you are way (that's why they have so much trouble with Duke, they're even worse)! I think the uniform suits them, and by the way I kind of liked them too!

I wonder what the players said when they were pulled out of the box..."Yeah boi! The guys on Tryon will fear this!"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT