ADVERTISEMENT

UNC-W

keydet#

May 8, 2002
These guys are pretty good - they beat Chapel Hill TWICE this season, Coastal (1 out of 2), the College of Knowledge (1 out of 2) and 2 of 3 from Arizona State. Their starters did not last more than 2 innings this weekend and probably have a little juice if required. They appear to have a few good relievers (Morgan, Henry, Walke, Coata and Warren) with a couple with sub 2.0 ERAs. We cannot take these guys for granted and they did put up a 9 spot on UNC-W after they got down 5-0 tonight.

The boys better bring their A game both pitching and hitting tomorrow if we want to take them in the first game.

Reactions: Out of Conference
UNC-W defense late in yesterday's game was pretty solid, particularly at 1B. Guy made a few very nice picks.

I'm assuming the lefty they ran out there after the rain delay is out for today. Good news, as I think he would've given us some trouble. Wasn't a junk-baller, but he threw strikes, and had a funky delivery.

Am very interested to see who will pitch today...both teams. Think we start Mod, and hope to end the regional with a clean 3-0 sweep!

Seahawks are very good team. Its baseball and statistics don't mean as much as other major sports. Pitching is always the key but more so in college as a good set of starter quality hurlers is very difficult to recruit and even harder to hold together for long enough to make a great staff.

We should have the advantage of rest but they are good and showed talent to the end yesterday.

Reactions: coolcock2001
All true but I think vast majority of us were hoping they would knock out ECU...Our chance to get to Arky is there..Just need to complete the good weekend mojo...

They have pride and a recent string of success, but they are no where near the talent level of South Carolina.

The key is always depth in this format. Are they deep enough to go two more games is the question. The first three starters can be good but is four and five?

Reactions: Mr CockStrong
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT