ADVERTISEMENT

USC at Kentucky game thread

I don’t know why we don’t use slants and bubble screens more on the rpo. We seem to throw long passes on our rpo. Have we thrown either tonight. The UK qb sucks with his arm but they give him so many easy throws. I don’t think BMac is an OC.
He is the titular OC.

raw

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
And 2 more...

Get clotheslined by your own guy on the KR.
Trip over the yard line on a wide open run.

WTF
Oops, forgot one.

Downing the punt, that had already stopped rolling at the 1, buy pushing it into the endzone for a touchback. Yeah... we also got faked out - again - by their fair-catch waving return guy.

Fair enough but in case you weren’t aware - B-Mac is one of the highest sought after assistants in the nation and for good reason - he has put the O in positions to make big plays but they just haven’t done it - thats on the players not B-Mac
How they play on the big stage is going to be laid at the feet of their coaches. It's the nature of the Beast.

Fair enough but in case you weren’t aware - B-Mac is one of the highest sought after assistants in the nation and for good reason - he has put the O in positions to make big plays but they just haven’t done it - thats on the players not B-Mac

B-Mac was a highly sought assistant becausd of his ability to recruit. Has nothing to do with his OC talents, or lack of.

As far as Muschamp. I have really defended him as I felt as if he did inherit a bit of a dumpster fire. But this is year three. The team should at least appear well coached and playing with a sense of urgency. And I say this comparisons is to Kentucky, not UGA or Bama. Was hoping for the best, but ever since they hired him I tried to talk myself out of a feeling I had that I didnt want to believe. Wanted to think that is was a simple fluke. It was a basic feeling of if he couldn't win at Florida how in the hell could we expect much in Columbia. I am beginning to think that feeling is going to prove out. Won't be horrible under Muschamp. Win 6-8 games a year, and go to some unimportant bowl. I just don't see things coming together as it should be at this point in his tenure.

Oops, forgot one.

Downing the punt, that had already stopped rolling at the 1, buy pushing it into the endzone for a touchback. Yeah... we also got faked out - again - by their fair-catch waving return guy.

Dont forget the dropped wide open underthrown TD pass,

Some where in Colorado tonight, Kurt Roper is probably smiling as he coaches the QB's of the undefeated division leading PAC 10 Buffaloes

This is what happens when you hire the guy who couldn’t win at Florida...remember Ron Zook? Dude sucked at Florida, got shitcanned, dumbass Illinois hired him, we saw how that went...EVERY, FREAKING, BIG TIME, GAME his teams since he’s been here has “shit the bed”—24-3 at halftime against Kentucky? Nice work buddy.

Reactions: Cocky704
Our backers CANNOT cover TE’s and backs out of the backfield - cant do it

How does it seem that our opponents receivers are always wide open and our receivers almost always have to make a circus catch>
No. They just need to make a catch. AND they need the ball in a place where they can catch it without having to think about how much they have to slow down to catch it.

I was watching Baylor. Friggin sorry a$$ Baylor. Their QB "throws a guy open" by having a play where the receiver knows it's going to be thrown short and makes the "back shoulder" catch. We have nothing like that. It's either run the ball or hit a deep bomb. No up-tempo, short throw offense. We don't have that, but we have the personnel for it. I am convinced of that.

Was never excited about the Hutzler hire as LB coach and still not - he was coaching HS when Champ came a calling

No. They just need to make a catch. AND they need the ball in a place where they can catch it without having to think about how much they have to slow down to catch it.

I was watching Baylor. Friggin sorry a$$ Baylor. Their QB "throws a guy open" by having a play where the receiver knows it's going to be thrown short and makes the "back shoulder" catch. We have nothing like that. It's either run the ball or hit a deep bomb. No up-tempo, short throw offense. We don't have that, but we have the personnel for it. I am convinced of that.

Yeah uga throws short back shoulders every game

We have a 3rd and 1 - cant make it - UK has 4th and 2 and guess what - they make 4

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT