ADVERTISEMENT

USC/ ECU score ????

27-17 us'ns

I'd love to see us open this one up and walk away, but I'm not feeling it. Hopefully they make me feel it tomorrow afternoon.

I don't feel good about this game for several reasons. ECU played better competition than we did their first game which I think helps them. ECU is without question as step up in talent. We could not impose our running game against EIU and we either couldn't or didn't choose to throw and stretch the field. If we can't run on them, we're in trouble. Let's be honest, our defense put our offense in good field position for much of the game.

On defense, the speedy back concerns me a lot. How many times have we seen in our history the inability to secure the edges? Also, EIU had no passing game so we're not sure how good our back seven actually is. I think the defense is good, but we just don't know yet. How will they react to adversity because it will come in this game.

Finally, this is a home game for them. For these reasons I see this score:

ECU: 27
SC: 24

This is one I've been worried about since really looking at the schedule back in January. I would not be shocked if we lost this one (that's what Carolina does), but after last weekend I'm much more optimistic. Our defensive line is legit, and hopefully can really play havoc with ECU's offense.

I am somewhat confident that a live game and another week of practice to iron out the kinks should help, especially for the offensive line.

Gamecocks 30 ECU 14

I don't feel good about this game for several reasons. ECU played better competition than we did their first game which I think helps them. ECU is without question as step up in talent. We could not impose our running game against EIU and we either couldn't or didn't choose to throw and stretch the field. If we can't run on them, we're in trouble. Let's be honest, our defense put our offense in good field position for much of the game.

On defense, the speedy back concerns me a lot. How many times have we seen in our history the inability to secure the edges? Also, EIU had no passing game so we're not sure how good our back seven actually is. I think the defense is good, but we just don't know yet. How will they react to adversity because it will come in this game.

Dude, about the only thing you got right was their last week's opponent being better. They do not have SEC calibre talent to play an SEC schedule. They are not going physically manhandle us, however, they may have speed and technique to beat us this early in a season in a one off game against a SEC opponent. We had a minimal playset last week, and will keep our cards close to the vest until conference play.

We will do enough to win, I'm guessing about 28-17.

You do know the SEC's leading rusher didnt play and neither did our starting QB? Our OL was rusty in the first half but dominated in the second. ECU gave up a ton of yards on the ground and App st doesn't have the talent at RB we do nor does App St have the defense we do upfront. Not worried at all.

Cocks- 38
Pirates-13

We had 39 offensive points against a very very bad EIU team, so I’m not sure what to expect against ECU on the road.

Reactions: LBGCOCK
We had 39 offensive points against a very very bad EIU team, so I’m not sure what to expect against ECU on the road.
Grad Asst QB, vs Starting QB, SEC leading rusher vs RB by committee, ( btw badass), ECU terrible against the run. We are gonna roll

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT