ADVERTISEMENT

USC/UNC tomorrow in baseball

vehemon

Sep 2, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I'm ready for the USC/UNC game tomorrow. I hope they start doing more of these matchups in Charlotte. Despite some of the news/media's best efforts to label Charlotte a UNC hotbed... it's definitely not. There's as much USC alumni around the area as there are UNC. Except for last season, you really quit seeing UNC fans out watching football passed the end of September. It ends up being USC, App State and Clempson more popular in sport bars.
Example; One time I was in Taco Mac at SouthPark Charlotte when UNC / NC State was playing their rivalry game. Half the bar was USC, half the bar was UNC/UNC and they still put the USC/MSU game on the main screen. A lot of the UNC fans around me were pissed but the bartender's excuse was... the better game was on the main screen. Hilarious.

Charlotte metro is ~2.3 million. That's a LOT of potential draw for South Carolina if a good base could be established here.
In Comparison, Raleigh is ~1.3.

There's so much potential for recruitment in this city... I'm surprised it was dropped off Muschamp's GC tour.

Here's to hoping I see more Garnet in the stands tomorrow....

Based on the forecasts i have seen, tomorrow is very doubtful...Too bad for fans...The SEC network is headlining it as it's primetime showcase

Weatherunderground has 39% chance of rain at 7 then lower as the night moves on. They may be able to get it in.

Like Fluor, BB&T showcasing some college ball this year. I think NCSU's game with UNCC last week was at BB&T.

Of course we all hope the weather is outstanding for the postponed-until-Wednesday date. Would love to see an actual (not paid) crowd of over 10,000 Wednesday night with at least 50% of them Gamecocks.

If SECN can't carry it on the rescheduled date, I would imagine it would be available on-line, e.g., SECN+, ESPN3, etc.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT