ADVERTISEMENT

VIDEO: Frank Martin: "We got our tails kicked"

Every year in recruiting, LSU is recruiting 4* and 5* players. We recruit 3* players with lots of potential. We are pretty far behind before the season starts.

It is what it is.

Reactions: uscalumni
kotsar was knocked down way too much last night. i felt lime every other possession he was on his ass trying to get up and back down the court on d. if we could’ve rebounded better, he/we probably wouldn’t have been so worn out towards the mid to end of second half and some of those prayer layups may have gone in.

Every big game this coach and team shit the bed
I wish you would just make up your dang mind. Last night our team and school were p*****, today you are acting like we are your team again... Be an LSU fan .. you are better at it

Frank isnt wrong. LSU dictated the pace of the game, and they hit big shot after big shot... We just couldn't get over the hump... The guys played hard, but it seemed like they felt the pressure of the game. No shame in that, just part of the growing up process... One thing is for sure, the guys never give up until the final horn. I dig that.

Reactions: kidrobinski
Recall Muschamp saying "we're going to whip open dates butt"?

Well, Coach Frank gets whipped ever year in the off season by teams like LSU, Tennessee, Mississippi State, UGA, etc. They are out recruiting the heck out of us. Look at these recruiting class rankings of teams we recently played over the last five years:

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020
LSU 51 17 4 32 10
TN 49 54 116 28 5
MS State 10 65 16 69 54
UGA 35 41 37 11 25
USC 65 64 55 45 79

The reason I keep posting these types of comments is that people keep criticizing players who have bad nights when we play certain talented teams. We just do not match up with LSU when it comes to recruited talent.

People used to think that a coach could work magic and turn motivated players into super achievers. How has that concept worked?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT