ADVERTISEMENT

visiting columbia-any advice?

Sorry. Went to Carolina. Still spend more time than I'd like there. Call 'em as I see 'em.
Quite frankly, if you are not here 24/7, then you really need to defer to those of us who spend day in and day out here. The Main Street area alone is a million times better than it was even 10 years ago, as is the Vista. Does Columbia have bad areas? Yes, as do ALL cities, even Greenville and Charleston. But it has grown by light years and become a much better city than it was when I left in 2003 (returned in 2016).

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
Quite frankly, if you are not here 24/7, then you really need to defer to those of us who spend day in and day out here. The Main Street area alone is a million times better than it was even 10 years ago, as is the Vista. Does Columbia have bad areas? Yes, as do ALL cities, even Greenville and Charleston. But it has grown by light years and become a much better city than it was when I left in 2003 (returned in 2016).

Agreed, Main St. was a ghost town in the 80s & 90s. Now that Bourbon place is AWESOME. & the whole area has transformed.

The best attribute of Columbia, in my opinion, is the people who live there. You are going to be hard pressed to find friendlier, more open people than Columbia. Reminds me of the kind of folk who live in Chicago or San Francisco.

I love all of our major SC cities. Greenville is absolutely an awesome place to visit with the upgraded West End, the Drive stadium, Falls Park, etc., and Charleston is so full of history, it is a must visit place.

I don't get the need of some people to be critical and insulting. You need to open up your heart and enjoy life.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT