ADVERTISEMENT

Wake Forest BBall coach arrested

WTF!! Are you serious? If they actually commit the crime they're being held on, it's not shady. Plus they do get a bail hearing....where of course the other investigation will be brought up.
YOU are the guy who admits to trying to take a guy who is charged with a misdemeanor and recommend prison time counselor. So you can cram the faux outrage.

YOU are the guy who admits to trying to take a guy who is charged with a misdemeanor and recommend prison time counselor. So you can cram the faux outrage.
He killed someone....or was that lost on you? And nothing that I've read thus far causes me to believe it was justifiable. A mistake? Yes, but sometimes we have to pay for our mistakes.

He killed someone....or was that lost on you? And nothing that I've read thus far causes me to believe it was justifiable. A mistake? Yes, but sometimes we have to pay for our mistakes.
Sounds like the biggest mistake was the drunk pounding on a strangers car. Probation....case closed the "jewery" is excused.

The man was fearful of his life and defended himself. Don't get drunk and hit people and beat on cars and this never would have occurred.

While that is just a shame and disgrace if he does not get any time for his actions. His actions were far more than what was merited for this situation.
Meh, he didn't ask for the guy to beat upon his property and was fearful for himself and his passengers in the car. I find it hilarious NOBODY puts blame where it's due, the belligerent drunk.

Reactions: vacock#
We really don't know unless we were there and all the guy had to do was mind his own business also. Anyway, it is what it is. It's sad he's dead but actions have results and that goes for both involved.

Granted we don't know for sure what happened except for the news. But all I'm saying is that if one uses something like that to knock the heck out of someone and they die accidentally, we could use that excuse if someone were to bump into you at a grocery store. It just seems so unnecessary to me given the circumstances when so many other options appeared to be viable.

Granted we don't know for sure what happened except for the news. But all I'm saying is that if one uses something like that to knock the heck out of someone and they die accidentally, we could use that excuse if someone were to bump into you at a grocery store. It just seems so unnecessary to me given the circumstances when so many other options appeared to be viable.
It will all come out in the wash.

I think he may get off on this one. From other articles in which I read, the victim was very drunk and was causing a scene (punched another person) prior to this happening. I'm not going to justify what he did but if some drunk guy comes pounding on my car in NYC, I would feel as if I needed to defend myself and my property.
This article says the same. The victim had already assaulted someone else who confronted him for causing a disturbance. Any decent lawyer could make a self defense case out of this.

Last edited:
Only problem from what I have read is NY is not a "Right to defend" state. You are supposed to call the police. So supposedly there are cases where people were being robbed by armed person and the victim took the weapon and turned it against the offender. The victims are now facing jail time.

All the more reason to stay out of the chit hole! Stupid liberal laws protecting perpetrators!

Pretty disheartening and infuriating to come on here and find someone calling your birthplace a "chit hole", I am a gamecock through and through and a graduate of this fine university but it is depressing to see so much hate for the north and "yankees" on here. Where are you from by the way?

Reactions: rogue cock
This article says the same. The victim had already assaulted someone else who confronted him for causing a disturbance. Any decent lawyer could make a self defense case out of this.
Can't use the prior incident unless the perpetrator saw it or knew about it. Much more prejudicial than probitive.

....but the charge doesn't always = conviction.
He wasn't charged with homicide and won't be. He is charged with a misdemeanor. Even that is a stretch. Don't want to potentially die? Don't get black out drunk and hit people and vandalize property. Simple.

Reactions: jimnasium
We live in a country that has had it's morals and values muddied by self serving politicians and members of our justice system that like to bastardize the intent of the law. Absolutely sickens me.
Solution: If the cop says get on the ground then get on the ground. Hands up....refer to rule #1. If you can't handle the beer then don't drink the beer and get knocked out and hit head on concrete. Class dismissed.

Reactions: jackrabbit slim
A lot of people are ignorant.

New York is a great city and state. My wife and son just returned from a trip to New York and had a fantastic time, met many locals, and were treated extremely well. They can't wait to go back.

Pretty disheartening and infuriating to come on here and find someone calling your birthplace a "chit hole", I am a gamecock through and through and a graduate of this fine university but it is depressing to see so much hate for the north and "yankees" on here. Where are you from by the way?

I blame both.

But I'm also smart enough to know that someone drunk and hitting my car can't really do much but possibly damage my car a bit. But, if I get out of my car and confront an unknown person on the side of the road, I can be seriously hurt, killed, or my passengers could be seriously hurt. It's not worth it to me.

In this case, the drunk guy was killed and the he-man coach will have to live with that the rest of his life.

I can live with some damage to my car (if even that). I have nothing to prove to anyone else by getting out and confronting someone.

Meh, he didn't ask for the guy to beat upon his property and was fearful for himself and his passengers in the car. I find it hilarious NOBODY puts blame where it's due, the belligerent drunk.

I blame both.

But I'm also smart enough to know that someone drunk and hitting my car can't really do much but possibly damage my car a bit. But, if I get out of my car and confront an unknown person on the side of the road, I can be seriously hurt, killed, or my passengers could be seriously hurt. It's not worth it to me.

In this case, the drunk guy was killed and the he-man coach will have to live with that the rest of his life.

I can live with some damage to my car (if even that). I have nothing to prove to anyone else by getting out and confronting someone.
I'll prepare the canonization of the drunk.o_O

The incident happened in NYC which is what I referenced. There are a lot of places in NY that are nice but the city is terrible. But I think all big cities are chitholes: NYC, ATL, CHI, London, etc. Obviously I'm not a city boy. You learn to love the environment you are raised but even Charleston is getting too big now as the traffic sucks.

I worked in Norwalk and Wilton CT for years which is 30-45min from City. So I have been in NY a lot and don't miss it one bit! Different strokes for different folks! Not only do I disagree with most the political views up there but I hate dealing with rude people and public transportation. JMHO and you will disagree and others will agree. It's what makes forum boards and the world go around!

There is a huge problem with the terminolgy with the ones that want the coach hung from a tree! Guess what, the coach never "Killed the guy!". The coach did not stab him, did not shoot him, did not break his neck with a kungfu move, did not run over him with his car, did not stomp his head while on ground and he didnt drown him in his own vomit.

I guarantee the drunk guy was still alive when he hit the ground. The guy probably would not have fallen if he was sober even if he was punched but would have caught his fall if sober. But before that the guy would not have been punching people or vandalizing vehicles if he was sober. Almost sounds like the guy was trying to commit suicide in a drunken state where he could be ran over by moving vehicles or shot by an angry pedestrian for damaging personal property. Or knowingly attacking a person hoping he would be attacked to end his life.

Turn the story around and see how dumb it sounds. The coach did not kill the guy. The guy was over-served and not using his normal faculties, or at least i hope that is accurate. The drunk guy probably fell down multiple times before the incident happened and if so he may have had a blood clot in his head.

I hope you see all the variables but it really spins me when people type "he killed the guy". You were not there, the coach may have had kids in car and guy would not move out of way saying he would kill everyone. If so, im defending my family.

This society of guilty until proven innocent is one if the worst new trends! If the coach stomped his head into ground then he deserves the penalty but no one on the forum knows what happened and to say he killed the guy is ludicrous! Circumstances caused the guy to die but the coach isn't a killer unless proven otherwise!

Last edited:
Reactions: jackrabbit slim
See the problem is that the drunk supposedly hit a guy earlier. The coach didn't know that so couldn't use it as an excuse that he was in fear for his life....not to mention the fact that he was in a car where he was safe but chose to get out and confront the guy. This is exactly how a prosecutor will look at it.

However, if the WF coach says he was fearful of being battered before he threw the punch; then the immediately previous aggressive, tortuous, and assault/battery actions certainly can be presented as evidence to the jury/Judge in determining the Coach’s mental and emotional state. Sounds like the coach made the right determination, the guy was a clear and present danger.

The fleeing the scene is not helpful to the Coach’s state of mind however, it certainly goes to show the heightened state of his emotions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT