ADVERTISEMENT

Wake Forest BBall coach arrested

I'll defend the guy ....The coach will suffer an inconvenience ... That is all ... He defended himself in stopping a drunk from damaging his property... Good for him
Bosox, you are smart enough to know that defense of property is not a proper defense. Defense of yourself or another....absolutely, defense of property....never.

Reactions: LrgK9
Question for the folks defending the deceased? Where was the deceased responsibility in being publicly drunk and already having hit someone? If the police hadn't arrived after the drunk had already hit at least one other person, why would you reasonably assume that they would protect the Wake coach or his property. You tards and your backward thinking, defending a drunk bully and throwing the book at the guy who was minding his own damn business before the drunk entered the picture. SMH. Jesus.

Reactions: jimnasium
Question for the folks defending the deceased? Where was the deceased responsibility in being publicly drunk and already having hit someone? If the police hadn't arrived after the drunk had already hit at least one other person, why would you reasonably assume that they would protect the Wake coach or his property. You tards and your backward thinking, defending a drunk bully and throwing the book at the guy who was minding his own damn business before the drunk entered the picture. SMH. Jesus.
The deceased should have been arrested for public intoxication and damage to private property. The coach should have called 9-1-1 instead of confronting the drunk himself.

Get into a bar fight, hit someone and they fall and hit their head and die as a result....you're in trouble.

Reactions: cockhornleghorn
The deceased should have been arrested for public intoxication and damage to private property. The coach should have called 9-1-1 instead of confronting the drunk himself.

Get into a bar fight, hit someone and they fall and hit their head and die as a result....you're in trouble.
OBJECTION......lol

Reactions: rogue cock

The drunk had already battered at least one person and the cops weren't there, pretty big leap you're making that they would have been useful to the Wake coach at that moment. Again, y'all are FOS.

Now you're bringing a bar in to bolster your argument? How? No bar mentioned anywhere. Look, I'm a reasonably intelligent person, please defend your position without strawmen or moving the goal post.

The drunk had already battered at least one person and the cops weren't there, pretty big leap you're making that they would have been useful to the Wake coach at that moment. Again, y'all are FOS.
See the problem is that the drunk supposedly hit a guy earlier. The coach didn't know that so couldn't use it as an excuse that he was in fear for his life....not to mention the fact that he was in a car where he was safe but chose to get out and confront the guy. This is exactly how a prosecutor will look at it.

Reactions: Proudcock
Now you're bringing a bar in to bolster your argument? How? No bar mentioned anywhere. Look, I'm a reasonably intelligent person, please defend your position without strawmen or moving the goal post.
I brought up the bar because that is where most of these type of situations occur. Prosecuted a couple of them.

See the problem is that the drunk supposedly hit a guy earlier. The coach didn't know that so couldn't use it as an excuse that he was in fear for his life....not to mention the fact that he was in a car where he was safe but chose to get out and confront the guy. This is exactly how a prosecutor will look at it.
Safe?!? The guy was belligerently drunk and he could have had a weapon. So now we have you saying cops that weren't already there and a car are supposed to defend someone from an attack. Pretty sure GM, Ford, Toyota, etc...don't advertise their vehicles as being a safe place from attack. Try again.

Safe?!? The guy was belligerently drunk and he could have had a weapon. So now we have you saying cops that weren't already there and a car are supposed to defend someone from an attack. Pretty sure GM, Ford, Toyota, etc...don't advertise their vehicles as being a safe place from attack. Try again.
COULD have had a weapon?!? Facts not in evidence. Nothing mentioned about him having any type of weapon. Don't play loose with the facts.

And if you think he may have a weapon and you have none, why would you get out of a car to confront him?

So I guess that USC prof. had every right to punch out Stephen Garcia for keying his car. If that had happened I doubt you'd be defending the prof.

Yes I know. That allows them to hold him for a short period while they investigate further. Not unusual at all.
You think they are going to find more evidence. You are reaching counselor. Please tell me you did not operate this way as a prosecutor.

So I guess that USC prof. had every right to punch out Stephen Garcia for keying his car. If that had happened I doubt you'd be defending the prof.
I despised Garcia when he acted like a petulant child and embarrassed our program on more than one occasion off the field. When he had his head on straight, he was great. And yes, the professor should have knocked him the eff out for that.

Reactions: jimnasium
True, but he would have to get on the stand to provide a good self-defense claim.
Good luck when he had a car load of sober, non combative witnesses to the whole thing. Honestly, you sound shady as hell now, I can only imagine when you were a prosecutor. And people wonder why the justice system is perceived as a national joke.

Good luck when he had a car load of sober, non combative witnesses to the whole thing. Honestly, you sound shady as hell now, I can only imagine when you were a prosecutor. And people wonder why the justice system is perceived as a national joke.
Where does it say he had a car full of people with him?

Appreciate the personal insult.

Where does it say he had a car full of people with him?

Appreciate the personal insult.
You earned it after saying you're a former prosecutor and you condone holding people on one charge while trying to come up with others. THAT is shady af.

You earned it after saying you're a former prosecutor and you condone holding people on one charge while trying to come up with others. THAT is shady af.
WTF!! Are you serious? If they actually commit the crime they're being held on, it's not shady. Plus they do get a bail hearing....where of course the other investigation will be brought up.

so someone knocking on your car window gives you the right to get out of your car, hit them hard enough to kill them, you leave the scene without calling for medical help, hide out and hope you`re not caught, turn yourself in after you are seen on video - that`s not self-defense to me.

I agree; maybe the coach's intent was not to kill the guy, but he could have just driven away without hitting the guy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT