ADVERTISEMENT

Was Clemson's entire secondary out like ours?

Nah, they just suck. You can tell they're used to playing aginst worse OLines than ours. They hadn't played an offense as good as ours since week 1. Their DL couldn't get consistent pressure on Jake and he exposed their secondary. The MLB was out of position a lot as well. The middle of the field was wide open.

Reactions: South Cack and PC31
I know you play with what you have or don't have but I cant help to think how many more points and yards would we've had if they'd been down 10 guys on defense. I know them knowing this is bothering the crap out of them lol.

Nah, they just suck. You can tell they're used to playing aginst worse OLines than ours. They hadn't played an offense as good as ours since week 1. Their DL couldn't get consistent pressure on Jake and he exposed their secondary. The MLB was out of position a lot as well. The middle of the field was wide open.

Starting middle LB did not play ... Tre Lamar. Substitute was having problems for sure. Jake Bentley had a terrific game.

Right, a good DL can make a questionable secondary look like NFL Hall of Fame. We did a masterful job of giving Jake time to expose why Clemson will never win the NC this year.

I think it's scheme. Open receivers are a common element of a Venables defense. Most teams can't exploit it though. QB needs time and arm strength.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT