ADVERTISEMENT

We are 0-4 in our last 4 versus the ACC.

anybody who posts any nonsense about the ACC, or worse A she - she being inferior from this point forward is an absolute fool.

Well they probably are top to bottom but it probably isn’t as big of a difference as people make it out to be. The middle to the bottom end of both conferences are pretty close.

USC is like a sloppy fat SOB who has no self-respect and whose only thoughts are "Whas on the buffet today, Dog".

At least alabama beat Duke today. So we can cling to that.

That mentality is why we continually underestimate opposing conferences and teams. We act like we should just win because we are in the SEC. The contempt we show teams like UNC and UVA is hilarious and then we are shocked when they hit us in the mouth.

Tommy Suggs is shocked???!!!!. UNC doubled our yardage. They should have beaten us by more. I will make it my mission to call out all you SEC chest thumpers. Our players and fans buy into that BS. SEC fanboys... Just stop it.

Last edited:
should have played him more. i only saw a few series

He was the leading rusher today and got the most touches. They seemed hell bent on feeding him the rock straight up the middle. He had 13 for 72. 1 of those was a 34 yd TD. So the rest of the game he had 12 carries for 38 yards. Not his fault they kept asking him to run into the back of his linemen who were getting blown up.

Like 'em or not, Auburn acquitted itself with honor tonight. They had the kind of victory we have longed for. That crap in Charlotte today was a disgrace. Just as our most recent previous foray into Charlotte was a disgrace.
I would even say that Oregon acquitted themselves with dishonor more than Auburn did anything other than get incredibly lucky. They had no right to win that game, but Oregon's staff gave it to them on a silver platter.

SEC is tougher at the top. You have Bama, Auburn, LSU, and UGA that are too shelf teams. ACC has Clemson. The remainder of the SEC and ACC are just a bunch of mediocre pretenders at this point

When faced with a situation involving
1: any fan in the SEC
2: any fan in the acc
3 any Clemson fan
talking smack to you your best response is this...
EbWlXi8.gif

WE HAVE NOTHING to stand upon! Just take it and move on!

Like 'em or not, Auburn acquitted itself with honor tonight. They had the kind of victory we have longed for. That crap in Charlotte today was a disgrace. Just as our most recent previous foray into Charlotte was a disgrace.
After that crap in charlotte was over, I turned off the tv. Didn't watch another minute of anything the rest of the night. Took a long walk with the dog. Had two more stiff drinks. I guess I could have watched some more football but I couldn't stomach it. . To me, we looked like the same team that was in charlotte the last time we were there.. receivers Dropped good passes. QB threw some Bad passes with ints. Cant stop the run. Cant establish the run. Occasional big special teams play. The only difference was that we scored some points instead of a goose egg.

Big 12- Oklahoma and Texas are elite; Iowa State and West Virginia are decent; the rest are average or bad.
I agree with most of your points until you listed Texas as being elite. Not sure when that happened recently?

No. We make ourselves look stupid by having unfounded expectations, and boasting about what we're going to do, before we see our product on the field.
stupid both ways. I am sick of it both ways. BUT, we can still win our division. Gotta make some magic. I just hope Champ can get this teams attention and get them to believe.

We are back to brad Scott days. Getting pushed around all day
I was surprised that our DL got pushed around in the running game. Jake had some time on a lot of throws. But we did not control the line of scrimmage. Then again, I haven't had the time to watch some film and "evaluate'.

Reactions: ShadowWeasel
I was surprised that our DL got pushed around in the running game. Jake had some time on a lot of throws. But we did not control the line of scrimmage. Then again, I haven't had the time to watch some film and "evaluate'.
UNC got a lot of penetration, but they committed a lot of people to blitzes and stunts. They knew we couldn't account for all of them and they knew Bentley would panic and not be able to find or hit his receivers. We were about three passing opportunities away from winning that game, not all of them at the end. We missed them all.

The truth is, most conferences (excluding the Pac 12) are about the same. You've got 1-2 teams that can genuinely challenge for a national championship. Then you have a handful of decent teams, and then you have a lot of average to bad programs.

SEC - Alabama and Georgia are elite; LSU, A&M, Auburn, and Florida are decent teams. The rest are average or bad.

ACC- Clemson is elite; Syracuse, UVA, and Pitt are decent (Miami will probably be better than UF by the end of the season but are not decent yet); the rest are average or bad.

Big 12- Oklahoma and Texas are elite; Iowa State and West Virginia are decent; the rest are average or bad.

BIG - Ohio State is elite; Michigan, Wisconsin, Penn State, and Iowa are decent. The rest are average or bad.

Pac 12 - Right now, none are elite; Oregon, Washington, and Washington State are decent, the rest are average or bad.

The SEC has 1 or 2 more teams in the good tier, which is why they have a slightly higher Bowl winning percentage than the ACC (but that's VERY close over the last 5 years) and the BIG. It's not a big difference, and definitely not something to brag about. We just saw that Carolina and UNC are at roughly the same levels. You won't convince me that Mizzou or Tennessee are significantly better than Duke or NC State after yesterday. LSU is probably better than any team in the ACC except Clemson, but the Syracuse of the past couple years would have beaten Auburn and Florida and would have been a good game for A&M. If you traded Clemson and Alabama or Ohio State and Oklahoma, you'd get basically the same results for those teams. So yeah, conferences are pretty close nowadays except the PAC sucking (the SEC was much stronger before Saban's influence caused a bunch of teams to fire their coaches and hire his inferior assistants and weakened the rest of the conference), and it's really not something to brag about.
Well stated,but you're son to be called a tater for that.

UNC got a lot of penetration, but they committed a lot of people to blitzes and stunts. They knew we couldn't account for all of them and they knew Bentley would panic and not be able to find or hit his receivers. We were about three passing opportunities away from winning that game, not all of them at the end. We missed them all.
We were penetrated in more than one way yesterday.

Reactions: king ward
There are not major differences in quality among the 5 Major/Power conferences (and the AAC is not that far off the P5).

That said, the factors that make it more likely for a league to be really good top to bottom year in and year out favor the SEC over the rest of us: sizable state flagships and Land Grant schools; direct access to large numbers of top recruits; states that are football-crazed; rich athletics departments that spend inordinately on football; large stadiums that are filled almost every week.

And it is true that the ACC has the least of those factors that favor consistent high quality football. Of the P5, the ACC easily has the least number of flagships and Land Grants; the ACC average student body size is easily the smallest; the ACC area features large areas in which basketball is about as popular as football; the ACC is filled with athletics departments that tend to sponsor a large number of very successful non-revenue sports

And the above placed together lead most SEC fans to assume that SEC football is always a beast while ACC football is always weak.

But the rest of the facts refute such a simplistic assumption. The Big Ten, for example, has always been HUGE in every way. But compare Big Ten National Championships to ACC National Championships starting with the 1970s. Compare ACC draft picks with Big Ten and Big XII and Pac draft picks.

The college football media has always stressed the 'big money' leagues and teams. When there were no, and then very few, TV games and most fans had no idea about quality among the regions and conferences, most people assumed that the Big Ten was the best, because that is what the media told them repeatedly - see all the media determined pre-1970s Big Ten Heismans and National Champs and Top 20 rankings.

It is not as bad as in, say, the 1950s, but the media still overhypes the Big Ten, and occasionally even the Pac. And that media now also overhypes the SEC. And that media usually is happy to overlook the ACC, to lead people to assume that ACC football must be lesser, even much lesser, than both the SEC and Big Ten, because, after all, those leagues are rolling in the dough.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT