ADVERTISEMENT

We are in desperate need of win/confidence

ChairForceCock

Gold Member
Aug 17, 2001
Get over the Georgia game. Those guys are good. We closed the half with a little spark. We lost that spark quickly to start the second half and they guys gave up. That will not happen this week. We will be 2-2 after this week.

We should go into the UCF game knowing we are going to win this game. Not could, not should, not more than likely, but knowing we are going to win this game. Beat them on both sides of the ball. Use this game as Nunez's coming out party and pick up some energy for the Missouri game. UCF is in the dumps after their Furman loss, and we should keep them there. We need to find ourselves on both sides of the ball. Missouri is more than beatable in the following game, but we have to take a deep breath, regroup, and get it together. A double digit convincing win should bring the blood pressure down a bit.

I know what we have on offense, and that can be fixed with more experience with Nunez. We run the Read Option that requires a running QB to be most efficient. Orth is not a Read Option QB, Nunez is. We worked him in this week, we need to build on that against UCF. I am at a complete loss at what we are doing on defense. I have no idea why our guys are 5=7 yards off of the ball, and we are giving teams the short routes and quick slants. Maybe a much smarter defensive mind can explain this to me. We had no push up front against Georgia that we got in the UNC and KY (second half at least) games. Credit their offensive line for that. That won't happen this week.

I am not even talking about the psyche that would come from a loss this week, because it WILL NOT happen, but I won't even be happy if they are close in this game. This is a very, very, bad UCF team. We should treat them like a very, very, bad UCF team and kick their ass. We will be up by two touchdowns by the end of the first quarter, and run away with this one.

Last edited:
Get over the Georgia game. Those guys are good. We closed the half with a little spark. We lost that spark quickly to start the second half and they guys gave up. That will not happen this week. We will be 2-2 after this week.

We should go into the UCF game knowing we are going to win this game. Not could, not should, not more than likely, but knowing we are going to win this game. Beat them on both sides of the ball. Use this game as Nunez's coming out party and pick up some energy for the Missouri game. UCF is in the dumps after their Furman loss, and we should keep them there. We need to find ourselves on both sides of the ball. Missouri is more than beatable in the following game, but we have to take a deep breath, regroup, and get it together. A double digit convincing win should bring the blood pressure down a bit.

I know what we have on offense, and that can be fixed with more experience with Nunez. We run the Read Option that requires a running QB to be most efficient. Orth is not a Read Option QB, Nunez is. We worked him in this week, we need to build on that against UCF. I am at a complete loss at what we are doing on defense. I have no idea why our guys are 5=7 yards off of the ball, and we are giving teams the short routes and quick slants. Maybe a much smarter defensive mind can explain this to me. We had no push up front against Georgia that we got in the UNC and KY (second half at least) games. Credit their offensive line for that. That won't happen this week.

I am not even talking about the psyche that would come from a loss this week, because it WILL NOT happen, but I won't even be happy if they are close in this game. This is a very, very, bad UCF team. We should treat them like a very, very, bad UCF team and kick their ass. We will be up by two touchdowns by the end of the first quarter, and run away with this one. Line opened at 7.5 and I may put my paycheck on this one.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT