ADVERTISEMENT

We now hear bakich never interviewed...

Hope I'm wrong, but I have a bad feeling we're going to be settling. It shouldn't be that way. This is a very good job. Have a chance to make a big time hire. Like anything, money talks. I sincerely hope that's not the issue here. Do we want to be just satisfied with making the tournament or do we want to compete for championships again, the CWS? Come on Ray!

You can argue about the football job forever but this is a top 5 baseball program, and it's been proven several times that the CWS is not a pipe dream, not to mention fan support, and 8 year old facilities that are still the best in the nation imo. Gotta trust the right decision(s) are being made, and that they don't cheap out, and think they're going to get the next Donald Ray Tanner

You can argue about the football job forever but this is a top 5 baseball program, and it's been proven several times that the CWS is not a pipe dream, not to mention fan support, and 8 year old facilities that are still the best in the nation imo. Gotta trust the right decision(s) are being made, and that they don't cheap out, and think they're going to get the next Donald Ray Tanner

TCU coach would be best hire IMHO. Currently in 4th straight CWS and has ties to carolinas. It ain't gonna be sully.

Reactions: sadd66 and wood90
My reading of the situation:

-We never were necessarily interested in Bakich
-Rumor mill links his name to our job
-His AD comes out and publicly pledges support to him and gives him a new contract
-He announces he is withdrawing his name from the search so he can look good to his AD/fans, but if we had actually come knocking his door down it could be quite a different story

Basically it'd be like me publicly announcing "no thanks Taylor Swift, I'm sticking with my current girlfriend"

Hope I'm wrong, but I have a bad feeling we're going to be settling. It shouldn't be that way. This is a very good job. Have a chance to make a big time hire. Like anything, money talks. I sincerely hope that's not the issue here. Do we want to be just satisfied with making the tournament or do we want to compete for championships again, the CWS? Come on Ray!

Well, even if we were to be forced to settle, at least the new hire won't be any worst than Holbrook. But, I don't think we will have to "settle". I think we will get a top notch hire.

Coolcock...Unless you're a Brit, you don't have a snowball's chance with Taylor Swift.

...............and 8 year old facilities that are still the best in the nation imo.

The pink railling could use a coat of garnet paint in the off season.

My reading of the situation:

-We never were necessarily interested in Bakich
-Rumor mill links his name to our job
-His AD comes out and publicly pledges support to him and gives him a new contract
-He announces he is withdrawing his name from the search so he can look good to his AD/fans, but if we had actually come knocking his door down it could be quite a different story

Basically it'd be like me publicly announcing "no thanks Taylor Swift, I'm sticking with my current girlfriend"
good thing, or you would have a song written about you in like......two weeks....js

Reactions: coolcock2001
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT