ADVERTISEMENT

Well CSB Has Chosen to Live (Succeed) or Sink(Fail) with His Crew(Coaches)

You definitely get punished for being too slow, which is what Beamer has shown to be his entire time here.

only if the person you want to hire 1) wants to come to your school 2) is hired by someone else before you can hire them.

That doesn't appear to be the case.

Therefore, racing doesn't help.

Reactions: Robhawk29
Yes. Cut the Beamer experiment short, fire Tanner, and do everything we can to hire Chadwell.

No thanks. If he can't even be competitive in the biggest game of his career with all his players and the other team missing most of their stars, no reason to think he will win here.

You said it was kept under wraps so we didn’t have two TE coaches…

If you have a TE coach and hire someone who is currently a TE coach, people are going to start asking questions.

The RB coach was probably fired because Beamer knew he was going to replace him and needed the spot to go ahead and hire Coley. Experienced SEC assistants don't wait around for somebody else's deal to go thru, and Beamer likely wanted to lock him down before the Wright hire was announced to prevent someone else maybe getting involved.

Coley is a good hire. Get over it,

Either way, it would have raised questions.

And there are a lot of reasons to keep it under wraps for all the parties involved. We will probably never know the exact details, but it certainly wasn't based in random panic.

It wasn’t panic to fire the RB coach to hire a WR because you knew the TE coach was leaving?

Make it make sense.

• Haha
Reactions: Lurker123
Why though? Beamer's record so far doesn't warrant it when compared with our previous coaches.

Why do you believe Chadwell will be more effective? Did you believe Muschamp would be great too?

That's a very expensive experiment if the AD were to do that today. You'll have big buyouts, coaching changes for existing players, recruitng hits, and so on.

The last paragraph is the problem. Tanner rushed in to give a huge extension last year and created the real problem. So now it is a huge financial hurdle to cut ties with Beamer. So we are likely stuck with him for two more losing seasons. Not sure how anyone thinks that’s a good thing?

As for Muschamp, I always said at worst he could recruit and would leave us a solid core. Which turns out is exactly what he did. Beamer added a QB and took us to an 8-5 record last year. As those Muschamp players started to graduate/leave we dropped to a 5-7 team.

A lot of people are ignoring the huge holes in our roster. Our RB and WR rooms were vacant and we are going to rely on transfers who were either hurt last year or are from lower levels. All our DL is gone after this season and we don’t have many in the pipeline to replace them. The next coach is going to be in for a world of hurt and it’s only going to be worse with each additional season.

But @GoCocksFight2021 will blame the next HC instead of admitting she was wrong about Beamer.

only if the person you want to hire 1) wants to come to your school 2) is hired by someone else before you can hire them.

That doesn't appear to be the case.

Therefore, racing doesn't help.

You don’t think waiting 5 weeks to fire a RB coach, especially the day after he offers a recruit, is slow and a problem?

You don’t think that’s an indicator of being indecisive and not well planned?

Timing. Everything can't happen at once when you have limits of coaching positions. Duh.

Or Beamer wanted to hire his friend and was completely unprepared to make a RB firing/hiring.

That of course is much more reasonable based on the actual facts.

Or Beamer wanted to hire his friend and was completely unprepared to make a RB firing/hiring.

That of course is much more reasonable based on the actual facts.

Ridiculous. He saw a chance to hire a good coach, needed a spot, and made it happen. Most coaches are "friends". The coaching circle is really tight, and Beamer has over 20 years of experience with a lot of different coaches at a lot of different schools. That's a good thing.

Absurd to suggest it was some kind of panic move given all the events that followed.

No thanks. If he can't even be competitive in the biggest game of his career with all his players and the other team missing most of their stars, no reason to think he will win here.

Or you could compare results when he has similar talent. Trying to compare Liberty to Oregon is laughable.

Reactions: uscwatson21
You don’t think waiting 5 weeks to fire a RB coach, especially the day after he offers a recruit, is slow and a problem?

You don’t think that’s an indicator of being indecisive and not well planned?

There is no fixed timing that things should be done. It's all fluid and dependent on a lot of factors.

What makes you think 5 weeks ago was the right timing?

Last edited:
There is no fixed timing that things should be done. It's all fluid and dependent on a lot of factors.

Things are fluid. I remember when the story was that we weren't making ANY staff changes. Some people were really sure about that.

Don't care. Love the hire. I'll take more if he can upgrade.

Beamer getting it done. Cry it out.

Who's crying? I wanted him to make upgrades, I think he has.

You were CERTAIN he wasn't going to make changes. He did.

I'm just laughing that you were dead wrong, AGAIN.

Comeon Lurker -- When do you (errrr...."Watson") not see panic about anything Beamer does? It doesn't matter if we win or lose under Beamer, Watson is consistently critical.

What's the issue with firing/hiring position coaches after the holidays? It provides more room to see what's available. You're not going to "coach 'em up" in the interim either way.

And what coaches is he settling for? Do you have a list of the can't miss OL, RB or TE coaches that are chomping at the bit to come to Columbia?

But...but...but... he's happy about the hire.

Riiiight. lol. Just like his tater ass was so "happy" about us having an epic win at Clemson that all he had to say was a complaint about where our offense was ranked.

Taters gonna tate.

Taterdee21 and taterdumb123 having hissy fits about Beamer's hire.

Love it. Bonus points to Beamer for that.

Who's the one having a hissy fit? The moron who thought we weren't making staff changes, only to pretend to lecture others when we do?

Or the people laughing at your moron ass?

Don't cry to hard when you pound out another nonsensical whine.

But...but...but... he's happy about the hire.

Riiiight. lol. Just like his tater ass was so "happy" about us having an epic win at Clemson that all he had to say was a complaint about where our offense was ranked.

Taters gonna tate.

There's that delusional crying I love to see from you.

Tell us more about your awesome sleuthing that uncovered that huge "secret".

Lol

I’m glad next year when we are losing games the fact that upsets me will make you happy.

lol. You are upset when we are winning games, so nobody gives a shit how upset you and your idiot tater butt buddy are. You both will find a way to cry like a couple of nancy kerrigans either way.

I’m glad next year when we are losing games the fact that upsets me will make you happy.

To be fair, she'll get mad when we lose. She just gets her tampon twisted and starts swearing at any fan on the gamethread who isn't super happy to be losing.

Yep. The earlier release of the RB coach was likely done to make sure there was a spot to go ahead and sign Coley just in case the timing of Wright leaving got pushed. That's why Hunt flipped back almost immediately after Hardesty was fired. Hunt knew this was going to happen. And now that Wright has done his deal with Murray St, this has been announced and his spot comes open to backfill with a new RB coach. And now we are seeing reports about Issac today. Obviously not just random events based in panic.

So are we getting Isaac or not?

I enjoyed most of the Muschamp era outside of Clemson’s success. At least there was a glimmer of hope with Muschamp.

This is where you lose me.

Muschamp had 2 more wins than Beamer after 3 seasons. He also inherited a much better team, didn't play nearly as hard of a schedule, didn't beat as many ranked teams, didn't have an open source portal, and didn't have the NIL to deal with (huge).

Is it not just a personality issue with you and Beamer?

He also inherited a much better team, didn't play nearly as hard of a schedule
He didn’t. He inherited a team that lost to The Citadel. Then left Beamer with a team with multiple five star players.

At the very worst you can argue they were comparable but the 2020 team would have definitely beaten the 2015 team.

Arguing the difference in schedules is just dumb. Our schedule has always been incredibly hard. It just changes which teams are good.

Lastly, Muschamp was such a good recruiter he would have benefitted while Beamer is floundering in the portal. Muschamp’s players loved him. Sounds like players like Pup didn’t find Beamer the person they thought he was on the recruiting trail.

Is it not just a personality issue with you and Beamer?

Beamer’s personality is also worse than Muschamp’s.

He didn’t. He inherited a team that lost to The Citadel. Then left Beamer with a team with multiple five star players.

At the very worst you can argue they were comparable but the 2020 team would have definitely beaten the 2015 team.

Arguing the difference in schedules is just dumb. Our schedule has always been incredibly hard. It just changes which teams are good.

Lastly, Muschamp was such a good recruiter he would have benefitted while Beamer is floundering in the portal. Muschamp’s players loved him. Sounds like players like Pup didn’t find Beamer the person they thought he was on the recruiting trail.

Beamer’s personality is also worse than Muschamp’s.

I've posted a comparison of the teams inherited before. There's no comparison in terms of talent. The 2015 was in disarray because of Spurrer's mid-season rug pull. It happens.

The difference in schedules is totally relevant. The SEC East top to bottom wasn't nearly what it is today. This is where you go off the rails. His schedules were not in the same league and when he did play a strong team - he typically got blasted.

Muschamp couldn't do anything with the talent that came in. He got behind a podium and talked 4D about what it required to be a good team. Then he took his teams to the field and did the opposite. And did it this while cashing fat checks from wrecking UF who had upper level talent coming in each and every year regardless who the coach was.

I've posted a comparison of the teams inherited before. There's no comparison in terms of talent. The 2015 was in disarray because of Spurrer's mid-season rug pull. It happens.

The difference in schedules is totally relevant. The SEC East top to bottom wasn't nearly what it is today. This is where you go off the rails. His schedules were not in the same league and when he did play a strong team - he typically got blasted.

I looked at the Sagarin ratings for each of their first season, its crazy how the hardest season was year 3 for Muschamp and he went 7-6 while beamer went 5-7 with an easier schedule...
Muschamp couldn't do anything with the talent that came in. He got behind a podium and talked 4D about what it required to be a good team. Then he took his teams to the field and did the opposite. And did it this while cashing fat checks from wrecking UF who had upper level talent coming in each and every year regardless who the coach was.
I've already done the math on this before. Why don't you take the time and do it as well. See how many games each coach lost by more than 3 scores, and you'll find Beamer's numbers dwarf those of Muschamp.

I looked at the Sagarin ratings for each of their first season, its crazy how the hardest season was year 3 for Muschamp and he went 7-6 while beamer went 5-7 with an easier schedule...

I've already done the math on this before. Why don't you take the time and do it as well. See how many games each coach lost by more than 3 scores, and you'll find Beamer's numbers dwarf those of Muschamp.

Is this comedy? Beamer had the toughest schedule in the country. Muschamp didn't have anything close to that and beat one relevant team (Missouri) over .500 in his third season (2018.)

UGA is better today.
UT is better today.
Missouri is better today.
UK is better today
UF is about the same.
Vandy is about the same.

And then the elephant in the room -- Muschamp didn't have to deal with the portal and paying good players to stick around.

Going into last season, the best player on the team was obviously Rattler.

Numbers #2 thru 5 in no particular order were Wells, Lloyd, Bell and Burch.

None of them were available in 2023.

Burch had 60 tackles in 2022 including 32 solo.

Don't you believe a young defense could have benefitted from having him last season?

On top of that, Beamer lost another 15 players to the new timeshare system at the end of 2022.

And compare the non-con schedules which pad wins. Beamer has played better teams in those three years too while Muschamp always had his 3 solid cupcakes to keep the illusion intact.

Again, only two games separate them today and you troll Beamer day and night ad nauseum?

Last edited:
Again, only two games separate them today and you troll Beamer day and night ad nauseum?

This comment really sticks out. So you have a coach that’s two games worse than a coach you consider a failure. Even if Beamer had a two games better record than a failed coach, why would that give you hope?

The rest of your arguments are irrational, just because Beamer has done poorly in the portal doesn’t mean another coach would have had those same problems. The better question is why did Burch like Muschamp so much better than Beamer?

This comment really sticks out. So you have a coach that’s two games worse than a coach you consider a failure. Even if Beamer had a two games better record than a failed coach, why would that give you hope?

The rest of your arguments are irrational, just because Beamer has done poorly in the portal doesn’t mean another coach would have had those same problems. The better question is why did Burch like Muschamp so much better than Beamer?

Nope.....This is about you and you're endless trolling of Beamer even though you've stated that you were good with Muschamp after 3 seasons.

I've stated a million times that I'm neutral on him but also realize he is dealing with a new and ridiculous system which no coach in USC history has had to contend with.

If I was betting, I would expect him to be replaced in Year 5 or 6 just like almost all of the other HCs who came before him.

Oregon paid Burch to leave and we couldn't match it.

What does "doing poor in the portal" mean when players are bolting for suitcases of cash which we can't match?

Last edited:
Nope.....This is about you and you're endless trolling of Beamer even though you've stated that you were good with Muschamp after 3 seasons.

I've stated a million times that I'm neutral on him but also realize he is dealing with a new and ridiculous system which no coach in USC history has had to contend with.

If I was betting, I would expect him to be replaced in Year 5 or 6 just like almost all of the other HCs who came before him.

Oregon paid Burch to leave and we couldn't match it.

What does "doing poor in the portal" mean when players are bolting for suitcases of cash which we can't match?

So we outbid Oregon for Harbor but we couldn’t outbid them for Burch?

All of your and @GoCocksFight2021 arguments require people to suspend their critical thinking skills for them to make sense.

So we outbid Oregon for Harbor but we couldn’t outbid them for Burch?

All of your and @GoCocksFight2021 arguments require people to suspend their critical thinking skills for them to make sense.

Yes. We don't have NIKE money. Look at the Oregon roster. They pulled kids in from all over the earth with their endless capital. How can you not understand this "critical thinker?"

Yes. We don't have NIKE money. Look at the Oregon roster. They pulled kids in from all over the earth with their endless capital. How can you not understand this "critical thinker?"

Then how did we outbid them for Harbor?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT