ADVERTISEMENT

Well, tickle me pink...

Status
Not open for further replies.

world famous 3rd base hecklers

Sep 25, 2011

Raiders’ Carl Nassib comes out as gay, the first active NFL player to do so​

Nassib, 28, is entering his second year with the Raiders and his sixth season in the NFL. He was named the Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year at Penn State in 2015.

“The NFL family is proud of Carl for courageously sharing his truth today. Representation matters. We share his hope that someday soon statements like his will no longer be newsworthy as we march toward full equality for the LGBTQ+ community. We wish Carl the best of luck this coming season,” NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said in a statement.

In 2014, Michael Sam became the first openly gay player to be selected in the NFL draft when the St. Louis Rams selected him in the seventh round. Sam was cut just before the regular season started.
Jason Collins, who is now retired, became the first active openly gay NBA player in 2013. Two weeks earlier that year, WNBA’s Brittney Griner came out as lesbian. (who would didn't see this coming)

Last edited:
Reactions: winloseortie

Raiders’ Carl Nassib comes out as gay, the first active NFL player to do so​

Nassib, 28, is entering his second year with the Raiders and his sixth season in the NFL. He was named the Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year at Penn State in 2015.

“The NFL family is proud of Carl for courageously sharing his truth today. Representation matters. We share his hope that someday soon statements like his will no longer be newsworthy as we march toward full equality for the LGBTQ+ community. We wish Carl the best of luck this coming season,” NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said in a statement.

In 2014, Michael Sam became the first openly gay player to be selected in the NFL draft when the St. Louis Rams selected him in the seventh round. Sam was cut just before the regular season started.
Jason Collins, who is now retired, became the first active openly gay NBA player in 2013. Two weeks earlier that year, WNBA’s Brittney Griner came out as lesbian. (who would didn't see this coming)

🤢🤮

I don’t care if he’s gay or straight, black or white, a nose picker or a well digger. He’s 6’7” and 275 lbs and I ain’t messing with him. You boys with big keyboard balls have at it. And if you want to play against him, you might end up like this tailback.

I'm the same way, I don't care of your sexuality and please don't flaunt it... I have plenty of best friends who are gay or lesbian and they don't come out and flaunt it, just because it's nobody's business and they want to be treated as a person...

We joke around and poke fun with each other without offending each others... I may not agree with their life style, but it doesn't mean I can't show them love and respect them like a family member, friends, or co-workers...

He won't last long. I'd be surprised if he's playing by next year. Sports in general are getting worse day by day. I personally don't care that he's gay, but that just isn't going to work out. Before long I can focus completely on hunting/fishing as hobbies instead of getting heartbroken at sports.

Reactions: caughtlookin
The question is not who does he love? But can he play football? Support your LGBTQ friends and family members.
For goodness sake the man gave a 100,000 dollars to help LGBTQ teens not commit suicide. I imagine he did this because he either seriously contemplated it himself or had a friend who did commit suicide

Last edited:
He won't last long. I'd be surprised if he's playing by next year. Sports in general are getting worse day by day. I personally don't care that he's gay, but that just isn't going to work out. Before long I can focus completely on hunting/fishing as hobbies instead of getting heartbroken at sports.

Looking at his stats, he has played in almost every game each year... You don't see that in the pro's.. He has a good solid career and will have a good solid career in the future...

He has been in the league 6 years already. He has lasted longer than 65% of the guys who play pro football.

I’m ready for duck season already

Really? I am so tired of having peoples' homosexuality being shoved down my throat....Pun intended. If you wanna be queer, than by all means, be queer, but I am so sick and tired of it being celebrated as if you are some kind of hero. You do you but I dont want to hear about it. Call me what you wish but I WILL NOT BOW DOWN.....

f9324f5fa29d7cc932cbb1b870aabadc.gif

His coach and his fellow players’ response should be “good for you, now go play some ball”. As long as America’s response is NOT that we have a problem. The more they treat it like some big deal, the more it seems discriminatory and lacking of equality to me. This over blown press response is not helping to normalize people coming out, it is a reaction of shock and that is a type of subtle discrimination.

I feel the same way when I see “the first black person to __” or “the first woman to __” or the first Asian to __”… If we are all people and all equal why is it a big deal?

His coach and his fellow players’ response should be “good for you, now go play some ball”. As ling as America’s response is NOT that we have a problem. The more they treat it like some big deal, the more it seems discriminatory and lacking of equality to me. This over blown press response is not helping to normalize people coming out, it is a reaction of shock and that is a type of subtle discrimination.

I feel the same way when I see “the first black person to __” or “the first woman to __” or the first Asian to __”… If we are all people and all equal why is it a big deal?
I've been saying this for a long time. We're obviously not there yet as a society (the responses in this thread show that), but we NEED to be in a place where this kind of thing isn't a big deal, or that a black or Asian person (for example) doing something isn't noteworthy beyond that it is being done. We are still too divided along racial and socio-political lines into tribes that are borderline warring with one another. We need to stop that.

I've been saying this for a long time. We're obviously not there yet as a society (the responses in this thread show that), but we NEED to be in a place where this kind of thing isn't a big deal, or that a black or Asian person doing something isn't noteworthy beyond that it is being done. We are still too divided along racial and socio-political lines into tribes that are borderline warring with one another. We need to stop that.
Exactly
I saw this and thought “oh, he’s gay… Whatever, can he play ball?” I mean he is in the NFL so obviously yes but I had never heard of him before this…

Really? I am so tired of having peoples' homosexuality being shoved down my throat....Pun intended. If you wanna be queer, than by all means, be queer, but I am so sick and tired of it being celebrated as if you are some kind of hero. You do you but I dont want to hear about it. Call me what you wish but I WILL NOT BOW DOWN.....
and then you have made up words like "homophobic" to shame people who have biblical or conservative values and don't agree with that lifestyle. nothing phobic about it, it's about right and wrong, as is taught to us in our bibles. I don't fear homosexuals, there is nothing irrational about that, it is against the bible so I don't agree with that lifestyle.

and then you have made up words like "homophobic" to shame people who have biblical or conservative values and don't agree with that lifestyle. nothing phobic about it, it's about right and wrong, as is taught to us in our bibles. I don't fear homosexuals, there is nothing irrational about that, it is against the bible so I don't agree with that lifestyle.
It never mentions homosexuality in the Bible and the quotes people use are based of poor translations

This is a huge step, very brave of him. So many players cannot be who they are in fear of being ostracized in the locker room. A ton of kids will look up to him because of this
Please — he was going to be outed by one of many gay organizations which won’t allow gay people to live anonymously.

It never mentions homosexuality in the Bible and the quotes people use are based of poor translations
of course the bible mentions it, 1 Corinthians 6:9-11, Romans 1:26-27, Leviticus 18:22, Leviticus 20:13, Jude 1:7, 1 Timothy 1:10, and there are plenty more.... so those are all poor translations?

of course the bible mentions it, 1 Corinthians 6:9-11, Romans 1:26-27, Leviticus 18:22, Leviticus 20:13, Jude 1:7, 1 Timothy 1:10, and there are plenty more.... so those are all poor translations?
Yes I will just do the first one since you obviously have just done a quick google and no research. The word arsenokoitai which supposedly mean homosexuality is a very confusing word that can mean anything from masturbation to sexual pervert - it could in a stretch mean homosexual which is what people infuse in it because they hate homosexuals

Want me to give you a ton of passages condemning rich people? But y’all are okay with that but not homosexuality?

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
same here....I told my wife..us heterosexuals need a flag pretty soon

It just blows my mind because there are much more obviously condemned things the bible states that people do every day yet they latch onto some ambiguous texts to condemn the things they don’t like.

if the Bible celebrated homosexuality would you be at pride marches every year? Doubt it

Reactions: Kitchenlabs
It just blows my mind because there are much more obviously condemned things the bible states that people do every day yet they latch onto some ambiguous texts to condemn the things they don’t like.

if the Bible celebrated homosexuality would you be at pride marches every year? Doubt it
Pride is one of the seven deadly sins, some say it's the worst one of all, once again another mockery of God's word

Pride is one of the seven deadly sins, some say it's the worst one of all, once again another mockery of God's word
So is anger, you have never been angry in your life? So is gluttony, you’ve never over eaten or taken more of your share?

of course it’s all context and bigger than those simple words but as I saw earlier your understanding of the Bible Is pedestrian at best

Reactions: Kitchenlabs
But once again you ignore gluttony and greed as a deadly sin - do you speak out against rich people as god clearly laid out ?

Eating shrimp is against the Bible.

Ding ding ding!! We have a winner. JESUS SAID.... Love your neighbor, love your enemies, love those nasty ass foreigners, Samaritans.

The only time he espoused violence was when he encountered religious hypocrisy married with price gouging capitalism.

He told us to get the log out of our own damn eye, before worrying about somebody else’s sinfulness. He even said if your right eye causes you to sin pluck it out. I will start taking fundamentalist, evangelical, inerrantist seriously when they have one eyed sinner support group in their churches

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT