ADVERTISEMENT

Well, tickle me pink...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It just blows my mind because there are much more obviously condemned things the bible states that people do every day yet they latch onto some ambiguous texts to condemn the things they don’t like.

if the Bible celebrated homosexuality would you be at pride

It just blows my mind because there are much more obviously condemned things the bible states that people do every day yet they latch onto some ambiguous texts to condemn the things they don’t like.

if the Bible celebrated homosexuality would you be at pride marches every year? Doubt it
Ah yes, the magical “if.”

Want me to give you a ton of passages condemning rich people? But y’all are okay with that but not homosexuality?
Just to be fair- plenty of people are shaming rich people for hoarding wealth these days and celebrating the wealthy who give away portions of their fortunes to help others. I am not religious and don’t care to post my theories on how much harm religion causes… Just saying there is plenty of shame being heaped on everyone these days! 😂

Just to be fair- plenty of people are shaming rich people for hoarding wealth these days and celebrating the wealthy who give away portions of their fortunes to help others. I am not religious and don’t care to post my theories on how much harm religion causes… Just saying there is plenty of shame being heaped on everyone these days! 😂

And Jesus said, “One thing you lack, sell everything you own, come and follow me.”

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
And Jesus said, “One thing you lack, sell everything you own, come and follow me.”
I love the way folks like you mock Bible believing Christians, yet turn around and quote Biblical passages all day long that have been taken completely and totally out of context. Oh and for the record, I am not here to debate you on the Bible. Just pointing out your hypocrisy.

of course the bible mentions it, 1 Corinthians 6:9-11, Romans 1:26-27, Leviticus 18:22, Leviticus 20:13, Jude 1:7, 1 Timothy 1:10, and there are plenty more.... so those are all poor translations?
I usually go to the new testament, rather than the old, but it's there too.

To answer your question, as you've already seen, yes, people will claim its bad translations. If only Jesus preached in English.

I love the way folks like you mock Bible believing Christians, yet turn around and quote Biblical passages all day long that have been taken completely and totally out of context. Oh and for the record, I am not here to debate you on the Bible. Just pointing out your hypocrisy.
Did Jesus not say that? He said to assure your place in heaven - get rid of your things and give them to the poor that was the whole message

I usually go to the new testament, rather than the old, but it's there too.

To answer your question, as you've already seen, yes, people will claim its bad translations. If only Jesus preached in English.
A lot of the supposed homosexual condemnation was around pedophilia and incest - people would rather just hate gay people instead and once again ignore all the dozens of things that they practice that the Bible preaches against which again goes to Jesus most violent altercation which revolves around religious hypocrisy

its just strange that people can admit that don’t really understand the translation and still lean into the hateful one

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
A lot of the supposed homosexual condemnation was around pedophilia and incest - people would rather just hate gay people instead and once again ignore all the dozens of things that they practice that the Bible preaches against which again goes to Jesus most violent altercation which revolves around religious hypocrisy

its just strange that people can admit that don’t really understand the translation and still lean into the hateful one
Well, you seem to be completely certain in your conveniant interptetation of the Bible that leads you to heap such contempt and scorn on your fellow man.

Seems to me if you want to prevent youth suicides we could stop them from deluding themselves into thinking they’re LGBTQ. Not saying people don’t have natural tendencies, and that’s fine, but there are also millions of youth who have no direction in life and who are convinced that they’ll be a “hero” or life will make more sense for becoming trans.

Like I said there is no way more evidence of the word against rich people than homosexuals yet I never see a Baptist preacher holding sermon damning Bezos

And yet two posts ago you were saying it was frivolous spending, and the like.

Your argument seems very "fluid".
I was speaking in the thread of damning wealth hoarding obvious there were other reasons for sodom nice try at some weak bon mot tho

Only hypocrites, I try to follow Jesus’teaching
I actually find that you specifically fit that description very well. How ironic.

I also understand it's useless to continue with someone so hateful as you. And I'm not just talking about this thread.

Have a nice day.

I actually find that you specifically fit that description very well. How ironic.

I also understand it's useless to continue with someone so hateful as you. And I'm not just talking about this thread.

Have a nice day.
Lol

I am certainly not mocking Bible believing Christians but pointing out the ultimate imperative Jesus gives us to love and love especially our enemies and those on the margin. “if you love those who love you of what credit is it? Even sinners do that.”

I am certainly not mocking Bible believing Christians but pointing out the ultimate imperative Jesus gives us to love and love especially our enemies and those on the margin. “if you love those who love you of what credit is it? Even sinners do that.”
Same I take the Bible very seriously and wish people would strive to understand it more contextually and historically instead of cherry picking translations to fit their sociopolitical views

Like I said there is no way more evidence of the word against rich people than homosexuals yet I never see a Baptist preacher holding sermon damning Bezos

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to be saved.

Lord, Who then shall be saved?

With God everything is possible

Reactions: feeble2001
The Bible never, ever says that wealth is a sin. It says that the LOVE of money is the root of evil. It says that it will be very difficult for the wealthy to enter the kingdom of God. It warns of the love of money over and over. Not one single time does it ever say that it is sinful to be wealthy. Its typical of folks like you though. You love to attack the Bible when it speaks of whatever you are trying to defend, yet you love to throw out various scriptures and point out the hypocrisy of all the Christians. You love to point out how loving Jesus is but you dont want to talk about the multiple times that Jesus refers to the reality of an eternal hell, or that God is angry with sinners or that God refuses to hear the prayers of some people or that all of us are going to stand in judgement one day from the creator of the universe. I just find that interesting.

The Bible never, ever says that wealth is a sin. It says that the LOVE of money is the root of evil. It says that it will be very difficult for the wealthy to enter the kingdom of God. It warns of the love of money over and over. Not one single time does it ever say that it is sinful to be wealthy. Its typical of folks like you though. You love to attack the Bible when it speaks of whatever you are trying to defend, yet you love to throw out various scriptures and point out the hypocrisy of all the Christians. You love to point out how loving Jesus is but you dont want to talk about the multiple times that Jesus refers to the reality of an eternal hell, or that God is angry with sinners or that God refuses to hear the prayers of some people or that all of us are going to stand in judgement one day from the creator of the universe. I just find that interesting.
Well said.

So Besos who could end world hunger and still be a billionaire - but doesn’t. That’s because he doesn’t love money huh?

I know it’s a very hard connection to make but if you have five houses when people go hungry and cold every night then you covet and love money.

Mathew says you can’t serve god and money in an obviously statement if you put your accumulation of wealth over serving the people around you - you are not serving god but yourself

Poverty could be ended in the United States if our riches combined efforts and they would still be billionaires. Why don’t they?

What must I do to inherit the Kingdom of God?

Go sell everything you own, distribute it to the poor, come and follow me.

And the young ruler went away very sad, because he was extremely wealthy

Reactions: feeble2001
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT