ADVERTISEMENT

What about Peacock coach and staff?

FCB 2013 treble

Dec 14, 2016
Watched second half of Peacocks and Murry State game. Like what Peacocks actions to stay in the lead. Peacock coach likely not on the radar for South Carolina since St. Peters sucess is all of sudden and South Carolina has been searching for a change since last spring, but impressed with Peacock basketball game against Racers.

Watched second half of Peacocks and Murry State game. Like what Peacocks actions to stay in the lead. Peacock coach likely not on the radar for South Carolina since St. Peters sucess is all of sudden and South Carolina has been searching for a change since last spring, but impressed with Peacock basketball game against Racers.
I thought about posting this. I think it would be a solid hire. Everyone will remember the Kentucky win but let’s remember this staff out coached Rick Pitino in conference. The Gaels definitely had more talent on paper. Not to mention just now beating Murray State and a coach that a lot of fans are clamoring for.

Some will be scared off that this is a Darrin Horn hire. Flavor of the week. However I think he’s a good coach that runs some good sets and obviously has an eye for under the talent radar. The concern would be needing a connection to the local area.

As an above poster said, he is probably going to Seton Hall, so we don't have to worry about it. But no. We already tried the flavor of the month who had a team get hot and made the sweet sixteen. Lets don't make the same mistake twice.

I thought about posting this. I think it would be a solid hire. Everyone will remember the Kentucky win but let’s remember this staff out coached Rick Pitino in conference. The Gaels definitely had more talent on paper. Not to mention just now beating Murray State and a coach that a lot of fans are clamoring for.

Some will be scared off that this is a Darrin Horn hire. Flavor of the week. However I think he’s a good coach that runs some good sets and obviously has an eye for under the talent radar. The concern would be needing a connection to the local area.
Peacock coach likely would have some northeast connections with recruiting the same way that Coach McGuire had back in the ACC days. Peacock coach might be able to keep South Carolina's current roster together preventing a mass exit to the transfer portal.

Western Kentucky had already experienced some NCAA Tournament success so it not like Horn inherited ground zero program with the Hilltoppers. Saint Peter's on the other hand is representing the Mid Atlantic Athletic Conference their first ever appearance to advance to sweet 16.

Time for Coach Holloway and staff to make transition from Peacocks to Gamecocks.

Peacock coach likely would have some northeast connections with recruiting the same way that Coach McGuire had back in the ACC days. Peacock coach might be able to keep South Carolina's current roster together preventing a mass exit to the transfer portal.

Western Kentucky had already experienced some NCAA Tournament success so it not like Horn inherited ground zero program with the Hilltoppers. Saint Peter's on the other hand is representing the Mid Atlantic Athletic Conference their first ever appearance to advance to sweet 16.

Time for Coach Holloway and staff to make transition from Peacocks to Gamecocks.
I did think about the McGuire pipeline to NYC and how that could be beneficial once again. The Peacocks are a phenomenal story. I do think this staff could do a great job in Columbia. Proof you don’t always have to go after the biggest names. Some of the best coaching is being done at the lower levels with less resources.

Too many times these guys get hired for one or two wins and are woefully unprepared for the job. Holloway is a ,500 coach in 4 years there, and his team had a good weekend. There are better, more consistent, more well qualified candidates ou there.

I think we will probably end up with our 4th or 5th choice. Typical for Ray and this athletic Dept. Not really an upgrade from FM. TBH…I don’t get it! I wanted Miller, and I think McMahon might be the best fit, since he’s from this area of the Country and played for App. State.

As an above poster said, he is probably going to Seton Hall, so we don't have to worry about it. But no. We already tried the flavor of the month who had a team get hot and made the sweet sixteen. Lets don't make the same mistake twice.
We can avert that by going with the boy at Furman who hasn't won anything yet.

I think we will probably end up with our 4th or 5th choice. Typical for Ray and this athletic Dept. Not really an upgrade from FM. TBH…I don’t get it! I wanted Miller, and I think McMahon might be the best fit, since he’s from this area of the Country and played for App. State.
LSU already smothering McMahon with attention according to a tweet I saw awhile ago.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
LSU already smothering McMahon with attention according to a tweet I saw awhile ago.
Correct so I’ll be interested in seeing who the heck we are going to hire since it appears a lot of guys on the list are falling like dominoes and signing elsewhere.

We can avert that by going with the boy at Furman who hasn't won anything yet.
I don't endorse Richey at Furman. He merely has maintained what was built by Medved who took over a dumpster fire at FU. Then left to go to Colorado St. and has turned that program around into a tourney team. If you want to look at somebody from FU, look at him. Not into BJ either. Now I understand he is a former player that loves Columbia. But nobody has a clue if he would be a competent HC. And now is not the time that this program needs to hire on hope.

Too many times these guys get hired for one or two wins and are woefully unprepared for the job. Holloway is a ,500 coach in 4 years there, and his team had a good weekend. There are better, more consistent, more well qualified candidates ou there.
Wow, Like who? Which one of the coaches you are referring to would want to come to Carolina? He's a .500 coach there because it takes time to build a program.

I don't endorse Richey at Furman. He merely has maintained what was built by Medved who took over a dumpster fire at FU. Then left to go to Colorado St. and has turned that program around into a tourney team. If you want to look at somebody from FU, look at him. Not into BJ either. Now I understand he is a former player that loves Columbia. But nobody has a clue if he would be a competent HC. And now is not the time that this program needs to hire on hope.
Hope is all we have left. No one of substance is going to come here. We just let go a quality coach that took us to great heights and we tossed him aside for Hope. There wasn't any type of plan, we are operating on a wing and a prayer. Hope is all we've got to go on right now.

It was time Martin to go. One team had a three week hot streak that led to final four. Little results before, nothing since. If you couldn't recruit off the heels of a final four appearance, not sure why. But per usual, Ray wasn't prepared. Ray has know for a while that he was going to let Martin go. One would think the back channels would have been worked and a coach ready to go. But what do we get? Sean Miller basically using USCs offer to drag a couple of extra bucks out of Xavier. LSU swoops in and gets the Murray State guy. So USC is down to what? The guy from UTC, and BJ? What a joke. It's almost like Ray just wants on everybody else to hire a coach then he scoops up whatever is left

Mutiple sources reporting that PEACOCKS RUNNING WILD IN PHILADELPHIA. If you spot any peacocks. please do not approach the wild animal, instead please call 1-800-U-SQUEAL.

Seriously, glad these kids are having the time of their lives by being the first 15th seed to advance to the Elite eight.

GO COCKS.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT