ADVERTISEMENT

What actors would play Muschamp and Dabo in a movie?

They are both listed in this article from CBS Sports. Take a guess before you click whom they picked. (Hint: you're going to have to stretch to come with the actor for Dabo. I mean REALLY stretch).

http://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...r-favorite-college-football-coach-in-a-movie/
Would say Sam Kinison for Muschamp but couldn't find an animated gif for him.... so...
R. Lee. Ermey
giphy.gif

Dabo?
Steve Carell
giphy.gif

You DO realize we are responding to a CBS sports article that had both coaches in the article, if you disagree, talk to them, they are of a national opinion, they do not wear Clemson or Gamecocks colored glasses.
I can't wait to see the aftermath of the 2017 season. As much as Clempson enjoyed seeing South Carolina fall from 2014... SC Gov needs to start spending some money suicide training state wide.

No? Les Miles says hello.

Huh? Did you actually read the article?

I was referring to the Muschamp/Dabo suggestions. Not the full article. Of course a movie could be made about Saban, Urban Meyer, etc.

How did that work out for Les Miles? Too bad I couldn't find a pic of him eating grass.

Actually LSU/Miles wasn't that different from Clemson/Bowden. Were stuck in "pretty good, not quite great" mode. Miles won a natty but most consider him the benificiary of Saban's players, much like Larry Coker at Miami.

Uh, no. MM is pure coolness. Dabo is the opposite, embarrassingly inept.

This is one of the great mysteries of the sporting universe. I know he has a national title. I know he achieved it at a place that is not a perennial top 10 power. However I'm not sure that anyone still takes him seriously. Why is that?

You believe that, bud? If you believe no one takes him seriously, or that he is "embarrassingly inept" as one of your fellow members said, then you just aren't paying attention and you're letting the rivalry get in the way of sound reasoning and judgment. Dont be that guy. Makes you look bitter/jealous.

Last edited:
They are both listed in this article from CBS Sports. Take a guess before you click whom they picked. (Hint: you're going to have to stretch to come with the actor for Dabo. I mean REALLY stretch).

http://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...r-favorite-college-football-coach-in-a-movie/

Well, you’d better get someone with some range for Boomboom. He’s got to rage all over the field at Texas, UF, and Auburn AND he’s got to be funny as well, b/c right now, he’s Dabo’s comic relief. Honestly don’t care who you pick for Dabo. Just about anyone would look good in the scene below so… Insert actor below as he further builds Clemson’s brand on the Whitehouse lawn:

proxy.php

Reactions: lctiger831
You believe that, bud? If you believe no one takes him seriously, or that he is "embarrassingly inept" as one of your fellow members said, then you just aren't paying attention and you're letting the rivalry get in the way of sound reasoning and judgment. Dont be that guy. Makes you look bitter/jealous.
Had to post for the first time here to get that off your chest? :p

Well, you’d better get someone with some range for Boomboom. He’s got to rage all over the field at Texas, UF, and Auburn AND he’s got to be funny as well, b/c right now, he’s Dabo’s comic relief. Honestly don’t care who you pick for Dabo. Just about anyone would look good in the scene below so… Insert actor below as he further builds Clemson’s brand on the Whitehouse lawn:

proxy.php
I would make an avatar bet with you for 2017 but given that you only showed up on this board in the beginning of 2017 probably means you finally came out your cave to gloat. :p

Reactions: IrmoRed
Again, paying attention is important. Not my first time posting here. Have me banned if you like.
Either
A) Your message count sitting at 2 means it's a new handle for you posting here.
B) You used to post here a long time ago but haven't since they reset the counts
C) You've had multiple handles banned already and working your way on another one (and adding more IPs for Beckham to watch causing him more grief)

You do have one thing right though, coming out the gates being a d!ck on comments will get you banned. 10K+ post then you can start acting like Dangerfield.

Reactions: IrmoRed and BigTomE
I would make an avatar bet with you for 2017 but given that you only showed up on this board in the beginning of 2017 probably means you finally came out your cave to gloat. :p

A reasonable assumption, but incorrect. Here's my painful story of being constantly bullied by SC mods. It makes me want to run for my safe space. Please allow me to quote myself from an earlier thread:
... Weird, can't get the quote function to work... cut and paste instead.
-----------------------------------------------------
Well, to be honest I've a bunch more posts than 20. I used to be hopefultiger13. I was a subscribing/paying member for a couple of years and probably had a couple of hundred posts here (wow, I actually went and checked and I had 1286 as hopefultiger13 since joining in 2008). Anyway, the fact that I had over 1K posts w/o getting the hammer shows that I'm civil over here and have been around since 2008, so I'm not just a dude who built an account and is here to bother you.

Anyway, in December 2015 @uscbeckham blacklisted me. I'm still not sure why. I asked and he gave me a one word answer: trolling. I assume it was because I posted a thread about Hunter Johnson flipping to Clemson. There was no anti USC stuff in the thread, just an opinion that the QB situation was looking good for post Watson Clemson. In fact, within a couple of minutes after I was banned there were two threads about the same topic. They weren't nearly as civil as mine. I did mean to start a conversation (and honestly, probably a snarky one, with the USC fans here). Is that really trolling? Anyway, I could never get an answer back from him to get me reinstated. I appealed to @Chris Clark and @Brian Shoemaker but never got an answer. So eventually I unsubscribed and set up another account as a free member.
I cleverly disguised myself as hopefultiger14. I live out in Idaho and Last November took a trip to see a friend in Washington State. We drove down to the nearest weed store, bought some bud and watched the Clemson/USC game while totally stoned out of our minds. It had been almost 20 years for me, and I must say that the quality of pot is much improved (or maybe I'm just old). My friend passed out after over sampling and I thought coming over here to post in the FGF was a BRILLIANT idea. Needless to say I deserved and got the ban hammer.
So I cleverly disguised myself as hopefultiger15. Got the ban hammer a month or so back. Not sure why, but I didn't even bother to appeal.
So I cleverly disguised myself as hopefultiger16... and here I am.

I think you do resemble Will Muschamp, what do you think of that Kyle Chandler?

kyle-chandler-s5ep9_62f0775a8aa7d1fa39edb28910d21c94.gif

Last edited:
A reasonable assumption, but incorrect. Here's my painful story of being constantly bullied by SC mods. It makes me want to run for my safe space. Please allow me to quote myself from an earlier thread:
Well, to be honest I've a bunch more posts than 20. I used to be hopefultiger13. I was a subscribing/paying member for a couple of years and probably had a couple of hundred posts here (wow, I actually went and checked and I had 1286 as hopefultiger13 since joining in 2008). Anyway, the fact that I had over 1K posts w/o getting the hammer shows that I'm civil over here and have been around since 2008, so I'm not just a dude who built an account and is here to bother you.

Anyway, in December 2015 @uscbeckham blacklisted me. I'm still not sure why. I asked and he gave me a one word answer: trolling. I assume it was because I posted a thread about Hunter Johnson flipping to Clemson. There was no anti USC stuff in the thread, just an opinion that the QB situation was looking good for post Watson Clemson. In fact, within a couple of minutes after I was banned there were two threads about the same topic. They weren't nearly as civil as mine. I did mean to start a conversation (and honestly, probably a snarky one, with the USC fans here). Is that really trolling? Anyway, I could never get an answer back from him to get me reinstated. I appealed to @Chris Clark and @Brian Shoemaker but never got an answer. So eventually I unsubscribed and set up another account as a free member.
I cleverly disguised myself as hopefultiger14. I live out in Idaho and Last November took a trip to see a friend in Washington State. We drove down to the nearest weed store, bought some bud and watched the Clemson/USC game while totally stoned out of our minds. It had been almost 20 years for me, and I must say that the quality of pot is much improved (or maybe I'm just old). My friend passed out after over sampling and I thought coming over here to post in the FGF was a BRILLIANT idea. Needless to say I deserved and got the ban hammer.
So I cleverly disguised myself as hopefultiger15. Got the ban hammer a month or so back. Not sure why, but I didn't even bother to appeal.
Dude, simply do a search on hopefultiger13 shows you dancing around a lot of rivals boards and how much FOS you are.

Sarcasm on a rivals board
https://southcarolina.forums.rivals.com/threads/2015-home-depot-coach-of-the-year.107978/
Deleted post on Ohio State's board on Dec 31st
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...59669/&usg=AFQjCNEHNEJhlVDKsE3dIbWCP3rBOtVigA
"The OSU player asked for his number after the game."

If you are getting banned here, it's typically for good reason. There's a handful of Clempson fans that actually can have an intelligent conversation with people on here with out trying to flame some of the short tempered Gamecock fans on here.

At least here Beckham lets Clempson fans post and try to have a civil conversation. Bad Apple and others ban Gamecock fans on first sight.

Sounds like with your attitude that it's only a matter of time (it appears you acknowledge this in previous bans) that it happens again.

Dabo has benefited greatly from having Brent Venables at DC and Chad Morris at OC. I am not letting rivalry get in the way, as I am not a SC fan, I am a Texas Longhorn. If he had average coordinators, his teams would be average. I don't think it matters how good Urban Meyer's coordinators are, he makes sure to have a great offense. Same for Saban and his defense.

Reactions: tallulahtiger30319
Dabo has benefited greatly from having Brent Venables at DC and Chad Morris at OC. I am not letting rivalry get in the way, as I am not a SC fan, I am a Texas Longhorn. If he had average coordinators, his teams would be average. I don't think it matters how good Urban Meyer's coordinators are, he makes sure to have a great offense. Same for Saban and his defense.
Urban Meyer had Tom Herman as his OC when he won the national championship in 2014, using 3 different QBs, including Cardale Jones who was back in 2015. Herman left, and OSU's offense fell off the map. They were stagnant in 2016 again, and benefitted from playing a hugely overrated Big Ten schedule. You're also discounting the fact that hiring good coordinators is a HUGE part of the HC job description, even if you're an "expert" on one side of the ball or the other. Who in their right mind would have hired Tulsa's OC, who had been in the college game for exactly 1 year?

Agree with those who pick Jim Nabors for Dabo. As for W.M., I have to go with Jack Nicholson.

Sadly, Mad Dog Buzz Sawyer is not available to play Muschamp.

lastbattle_display_image_zpsdbcpan7a.jpg

Co-staring Kaitlyn Jenner as Trevor Lawrence .... or maybe vice versa. Saw that dude (?) on an interview from elite 11, looked like he had make-up on, lol!

Y

Perhaps the next time you get banned you'll take the hint and not come back? Ive never had the opportunity to be banned from taternet because I've never had any interest in visiting the site. But I'm also not an antagonistic jerk.

Urban Meyer had Tom Herman as his OC when he won the national championship in 2014, using 3 different QBs, including Cardale Jones who was back in 2015. Herman left, and OSU's offense fell off the map. They were stagnant in 2016 again, and benefitted from playing a hugely overrated Big Ten schedule. You're also discounting the fact that hiring good coordinators is a HUGE part of the HC job description, even if you're an "expert" on one side of the ball or the other. Who in their right mind would have hired Tulsa's OC, who had been in the college game for exactly 1 year?

Anyone who saw Lake Travis play would want Chad Morris. Back to back 16-0 seasons/state championships in the most difficult district in Texas HS football. He had become a legend here, for his work at Stephenville and Lake Travis.

Hiring assistants is certainly important, as it can cover up a lot of a HC's shortcomings. Now as a Longhorn I would certainly like to give Herman the credit for all of Urban's successes. but it is hard to ignore that Urban has multiple NCs before he hired Herman.

Why hasn't Venables been offered a HC job? Perplexing.

Why hasn't Venables been offered a HC job? Perplexing.

Rumor was he may have been offered Toledo or Tulsa, I forget which. Kansas State appears to be his dream job, and he may be waiting for Snyder to die or hang it up. Some think Snyder's son will get that, but there is a big contingent that wants Venables instead. He coached the Linebackers at KState from 1996-1998 and was also the Defensive Run Game Coordinator in 1998 after serving as a Graduate Assistant from 1993-1995. He played there too. 2016 Broyles winner. His large salary at Clemson, a million dollar's plus, takes him out of HC jobs at smaller colleges.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT