ADVERTISEMENT

What does Clemson want us to do?

USC3307

Sep 11, 2009
For the past 10 years or so, I cannot think of one major decision made by USC athletics that Clemson has not absolutely loved. Our most successful coach leaving coaching to become an AD is at the very top of that list. They recognized this as a good thing for Clemson long before we did, by the way.

With that said, here is one thought for us to consider: What do you think Clemson wants us to do re: Frank Martin, the one coach in 40 years to bring USC a win in the NCAA tournament, to take USC as close to a national championship in a major sport than it has ever been, to post 5 straight winning seasons at USC for the first time in over 3 decades, and to lead USC to back-to-back-to-back top 5 conference finishes for the first time ever in the SEC?

What does Clemson want us to do? Clemson wants us to fire Frank -- especially considering their favorite AD would be in charge of choosing his successor.

Look: I am frustrated as hell. I've defended Frank -- but I've also criticized him. When i think about him stubbornly watching us lose to Stetson with AJ sitting beside him for the last 11 minutes, it makes me sick. He needs to make some tweaks, and I have a list of them if anyone is interested lol. But that's just it -- we are close enough that a few tweaks would work. If he simply changed one thing alone -- how he approaches games in November and December -- then we would be about to make our 3rd NCAA in 4 years.

My point is this: If we fire Frank in order to back up the money truck to Marshall's house, and keep adding zeroes until he says yes, then fine, let's do it, I totally get it. But that's not what would happen. We'd fire Frank, and a few weeks later get the third or fourth name on a list that Ray would begin making, by himself, at the end of the season.

Let's start doing the opposite of what Clemson wants us to do, and see how that works for a while.

Martin has only made one NCAA tournament since coaching here. I have seen this stat posted on tv during games '2 NCAA appearances at USC', but that is inaccurate.

Most Tater fans I know, don't give a shit about Basketball.

That’s because they are mostly bad on that sport. If they were a yearly NCAA tourney team they would speak different I’m sure
Because they play in a basketball conference its easier to win in football so when you struggle in basketball the easy thing to say is you don’t care about basketball

Reactions: Crazy Cock 89
For the past 10 years or so, I cannot think of one major decision made by USC athletics that Clemson has not absolutely loved. Our most successful coach leaving coaching to become an AD is at the very top of that list. They recognized this as a good thing for Clemson long before we did, by the way.

With that said, here is one thought for us to consider: What do you think Clemson wants us to do re: Frank Martin, the one coach in 40 years to bring USC a win in the NCAA tournament, to take USC as close to a national championship in a major sport than it has ever been, to post 5 straight winning seasons at USC for the first time in over 3 decades, and to lead USC to back-to-back-to-back top 5 conference finishes for the first time ever in the SEC?

What does Clemson want us to do? Clemson wants us to fire Frank -- especially considering their favorite AD would be in charge of choosing his successor.

Look: I am frustrated as hell. I've defended Frank -- but I've also criticized him. When i think about him stubbornly watching us lose to Stetson with AJ sitting beside him for the last 11 minutes, it makes me sick. He needs to make some tweaks, and I have a list of them if anyone is interested lol. But that's just it -- we are close enough that a few tweaks would work. If he simply changed one thing alone -- how he approaches games in November and December -- then we would be about to make our 3rd NCAA in 4 years.

My point is this: If we fire Frank in order to back up the money truck to Marshall's house, and keep adding zeroes until he says yes, then fine, let's do it, I totally get it. But that's not what would happen. We'd fire Frank, and a few weeks later get the third or fourth name on a list that Ray would begin making, by himself, at the end of the season.

Let's start doing the opposite of what Clemson wants us to do, and see how that works for a while.
The only thing we have better than Clemson in sports that count is Dawn Staley

Last edited:
Reactions: Crazy Cock 89

Clemson don't give a shit what we do.. just like I don't give a shit what they do.. Who cares

Reactions: Zann77
After Clempsun beat FSU in basketball yesterday at Port-O-John gym they stormed the court. THEY DO CARE about basketball, when they WIN!

So now, our criteria for making strategic athletic decisions should involve doing things that UPC wouldn't expect? Is that what I'm reading? :rolleyes::(
Well, it does stand to reason that if they hate a decision we make for athletics, they view it as harmful to them and beneficial for us.

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT