ADVERTISEMENT

What does this years football team need to starting game 1 for you to be happy?

Jan 8, 2016
I would be happy with a win, but a blow out against Vandy would be awesome. A negative with the HBC was he would keep games close. If we go out and punch Vandy in the mouth it would be huge for moral. And I mean for the team and fans.

What about y'all?

I would be happy with a win, but a blow out against Vandy would be awesome. A negative with the HBC was he would keep games close. If we go out and punch Vandy in the mouth it would be huge for moral. And I mean for the team and fans.

What about y'all?
Hoping for a win. A blowout victory would be an unexpected surprise and very unlikely.

Better offensive and defensive flow and no looking over to the sidelines and not getting a play off with a penalty or TO. Stopping the run up the middle.

Reactions: buck3rd1962
Win the game and look like a football team that cares. Show me something besides off tackle or between the guards plays for goodness sake! Be in shape, poor conditioning is what costed us games in the second half last year and before.

Reactions: Tigerof66
Not having a delay of game prior to the first offensive snap of the season would be an added bonus!
Come on. You didn't like the qb looking over to the sideline every snap with 2 seconds left on the play clock waiting for Spurrier to read the defense and make a play call? Seriously, that's one thing I won't miss. Now it will be how fast can we snap the ball to get in more plays.

Reactions: aweaver2116
I want to see an effective running game. We've had sparks here and there, but except for Lattimore I never really felt confident we could get running yards against even decent defenses. Lattimore was different, but guys like Mike Davis had good games, then were shut down in other games.

I want to have some kind of confidence on 3rd and 1, or 4th and 1. Really haven't had that since Holtz left except for Lattimore again. And I think the results with him were due to him, as opposed to anything we did differently blocking or in the scheme.

You could discuss Shaw and Garcia as well talking about this, but I hope what I mean to say comes through clearly.

Come on. You didn't like the qb looking over to the sideline every snap with 2 seconds left on the play clock waiting for Spurrier to read the defense and make a play call? Seriously, that's one thing I won't miss. Now it will be how fast can we snap the ball to get in more plays.
Drove me nuts. Looking to the side lines 3 times until a call was made then with 5 sec. before the snap defense shifts.

I would be happy if they were in shape and have been putting in the work in the weight room. Tired of announcers talking about our star players with hands on hips dragging by end of first qtr in first game every yr.

I want to see Muschamp kick some Vandy's coaches butt and tell him this ain't little league for complaining that we ran up the score. I don't want anyone hurt. I want anybody watching to say 'damn'! - they looked good. I want to be in the Top-20 by week 5.

I've evolved past living vicariously through the Gamecock football. My happiness does not depend on it. However, I will be cheering for a Gamecock win and expect to enjoy a victory, if we can achieve it.

Reactions: bmhood1984
I will be there, so the fact that I am visiting family and they are Huge Vandy fans, then a WIN, but only by 10 or so..
Noone hurt, and A Wide out Steps up and shows signs of being the next Pharaoh..

I don't care by how many points, but I want a win and to look like a team capable of winning most of their remaining games.

I'd like to make the trip 'cause I love the ballpark and surrounding area - the hot dogs are worth $4 but it's just too long a drive. 1st game we'll ALL get what we want ... SC football is gonna' surprise a lot of people.

Reactions: german cock
I'd like to make the trip 'cause I love the ballpark and surrounding area - the hot dogs are worth $4 but it's just too long a drive. 1st game we'll ALL get what we want ... SC football is gonna' surprise a lot of people.
When you say surprise alot people, what kind of win total are you expecting?

Having been a Gamecock fan for 18 years, I can only say that it is like the proverbial "box of chocolates"! One never knows what to expect - beat Alabama one game and then "WHAMMO"! Out of the blue comes a bolt of lightening and an inexplicable loss to Vandy. (I won't even mention The Citadel.) A big "W" should make most folks happy for the start of an era.

Better offensive and defensive flow and no looking over to the sidelines and not getting a play off with a penalty or TO. Stopping the run up the middle.
Are you saying that you didn't enjoy calling a TO, gathering on the sidelines, lining back up, looking to the sidelines and calling another TO...before the first snap of the game?

Our Defensive front 4 getting pressure on the QB and wreaking havoc and not running themselves out of plays by taking bad angles.

Alright guys lets put this to the test. IMO I believe we are going to be a lot better than must people think. Let's flashback to 2012 and use the Auburn Tigers as an example. That year they finished 3-9 for the season. Hmmmm........ Now flash forward to the start of the 2013 football season. Auburn has a brand new HC and all new staff. Hmmmm..... What if I told you at the start of that season Auburn would finish 12-2 having won the west, SEC Championship and lose the NC game by 3 points all with a brand new coaching staff. Ya'll would have called me a nut case, but as we know it happened. Auburn was predicted to go from 2-10 worst case to 7-6 best case in 2013. I'm not saying we will blow everybody out of the water, but I believe we will have a winning season. Guys I'm not buying the whole 4 win season crap. Guys we have QB's that can turn close loses into close wins. If, the defense is even slightly better we are going to compete. That is why we play the game.

I want to see a complete game from us against Vandy. I want us to dominate from start to finish. IMO I believe we will.

Alright guys lets put this to the test. IMO I believe we are going to be a lot better than must people think. Let's flashback to 2012 and use the Auburn Tigers as an example. That year they finished 3-9 for the season. Hmmmm........ Now flash forward to the start of the 2013 football season. Auburn has a brand new HC and all new staff. Hmmmm..... What if I told you at the start of that season Auburn would finish 12-2 having won the west, SEC Championship and lose the NC game by 3 points all with a brand new coaching staff. Ya'll would have called me a nut case, but as we know it happened. Auburn was predicted to go from 2-10 worst case to 7-6 best case in 2013. I'm not saying we will blow everybody out of the water, but I believe we will have a winning season. Guys I'm not buying the whole 4 win season crap. Guys we have QB's that can turn close loses into close wins. If, the defense is even slightly better we are going to compete. That is why we play the game.

I want to see a complete game from us against Vandy. I want us to dominate from start to finish. IMO I believe we will.
"Must"people know that they (Auburn) had a guy named Cam, correct? Will there be a "Cam" on the Cocks' team this coming season? Probably too much "pie in the sky"!

Very simple things to make fans feel good about the the coming season--- Offense plays with confidence and the defense plays with intensity and actually tackles the ball carrier.

Reactions: Jbsc88
Having been a Gamecock fan for 18 years, I can only say that it is like the proverbial "box of chocolates"! One never knows what to expect - beat Alabama one game and then "WHAMMO"! Out of the blue comes a bolt of lightening and an inexplicable loss to Vandy. (I won't even mention The Citadel.) A big "W" should make most folks happy for the start of an era.

18 years....you ain't lived through squat, boy.

"Must"people know that they (Auburn) had a guy named Cam, correct? Will there be a "Cam" on the Cocks' team this coming season? Probably too much "pie in the sky"!

My gosh....is there an escapee from an institution?!

When you say surprise alot people, what kind of win total are you expecting?

Don't go by me.

But I'm confident we'll cover the spread, win straight-up and top the over if it's 30-40. I won't bet the O/U if it's 40-50, but will bet the under over 50 for sure ... I think our 'D' will hold Vanderbilt to 10 or less. I've already taken the 3 on the current line and am still looking for odds on a bet straight-up, while waiting to see the O/U number.

Win 'total'? For the season I think we'll win 8-games, maybe 9 if we shock clemson - where anything can happen. We'll probably be a 10-point underdog v. the tigers and I'll take the points whatever the spread.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT