ADVERTISEMENT

What was / is your favorite Sitcom of all time? I know this is going to be

A lot good ones over the years, but The Andy Griffith Show is my favorite.

Some mentioned MASH. I always liked the Colonel Potter episodes more than the Colonel Blake ones.

Go Gamecocks!

SC 95

When you consider how long Andy Griffith has been in reruns it has to rank as one of the all time Sitcom classics. I remember my English teacher using a part of the show as a moral theme when I was a sophomore in high school during the '60-'61 school year. Of course, the Andy Griffith show was in maybe it's first year of production at that time and it is still in reruns today.

Good Times was one of my favorites that I haven’t seen mentioned. It was Dynomite!
Two Guys a Girl and a Pizza place if you like Ryan Reynolds.
If you have AppleTV check out Mythic Quest it is my current favorite.

I never watched any of Two Guys a Girl and a Pizza Place. But I would love to watch it today because I think Traylor Howard is a great actress.

Sanford and Son laps this field. I watched it as a kid and still catch an episode from time to time.
Three's Company was highly underrated in the early 1980's.

I remember one of my male co-workers saying that it would not be long before they showed Jack and one of the co-stars of the show having sex. That's how much the show was ahead of it's time in the 70s and 80s.

Last edited:
Reactions: mavcock
Coach
WKRP (surprised this hasn"t been mentioned)
Seinfeld
Newhart

I watched Three's Company just to look at Suzanne Summers but I never found it the least bit funny. You can only watch John Ritter trip over furniture so many times before it gets old.

How could anyone forget Newhart and WKPR, I'm surprised that neither had been mentioned. Newhart was truly funny.

My favorite is The Andy Griffith Show.

I’ve read nearly every book about the show, as well as nearly every book written by actors that appeared regularly on the show, been to the Andy Griffith Museum several times, have an original Playbill of Andy’s first broadway show, have approximately 20 pictures of backstage scenes from the show hanging in my garage, and have communicated personally several times (including recently) with one of Don Knotts’ brothers in law pertaining to some personal details which was very insightful.

I was born just after the show went off the air. My youngest child is now a big fan. She can recite lines and often watches it with me each night.

I had two former co-workers that could quote almost every detail of every show. Where is the Andy Griffith museum, Mt. Airy?

I remember one of my male co-workers saying that it would not be long before they showed Jack and one of the co-stars of the show having sex. That's how much the show was ahead of it's time in the 70s and 80s.
The fact that Jack had to pretend to be gay in order to live with two women under the watchful eye of M. and Mrs. Roper, and then Furley, was quite odd. And Larry was an underused character as well.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
Laughing Watch it mister, I resemble that remark.

Used to watch it mainly in high school on WGN. I don't know if everyone knows or not but that show was filmed completely live. No second takes. No overdubs. Gleason didn't even want the shows to be fully rehearsed. You could really tell when they started going off script and ad libbing with each other. That approach created some really incredible spontaneous moments.

Did not know that! Very interesting.

Reactions: heavycock
Can't believe no one mentioned "Welcome Back, Kotter". Quite honestly I just thought of it myself. But it was a good show, I didn't watch every episode because I was on 2nd shift for a year or two during it original run on TV.

Last edited:
Reactions: ertgococks
That 70's Show
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Two and a Half Men (Sheen only)
How I Met Your Mother
Hogan's Heroes
The Big Bang Theory
King of the Hill

I never watched any of Two Guys a Girl and a Pizza Place. But I would love to watch it today because I think Traylor Howard is a great actress.
I bought the complete series on DVD because I could only find the episodes on YouTube but the sound was a bit off. After watching a couple seasons then watching any Ryan Reynolds movie you’ll discover he isn’t acting he is just playing himself in all his roles.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
How did i leave out Two and a Half Men?

shame on me

what a weekend a rotation of Married With Children and Two and A Half Men would be

Do the Little Rascals count?

Reactions: 92Pony
How could we forget?

250px-Beavis_and_Butt-head_titlecard.png

The Andy Griffith Show
Seinfeld
Green Acres
Newhart
The Office (early seasons)
All In The Family
Amos N Andy
Keeping Up Appearances
Married With Children
The Beverly Hillbillies
Leave It To Beaver
Wings

Married...With Children. I don't think most people realize how much this show influenced TV comedy.

The wife did a much better job portraying Gemma, Jackson Teller's Mom in the SOA Sons of Anarchy.

Most people didn't want to mess with Gemma. She was fearless.

Andy Griffith (Black & White episodes)

Every show had some sort of a moral to it.

Didn't care for the show once it was produced in color. Remember Mayberry R.F D.? Was that awful or what?

The wife did a much better job portraying Gemma, Jackson Teller's Mom in the SOA Sons of Anarchy.

Most people didn't want to mess with Gemma. She was fearless.
Nah, she'll always be Peggy Bundy to me. I didn't really like her, for some reason, in 'Sons.' I guess I went into not liking the nepotism hire. (She's married to the creator.)

The Andy Griffith Show
Seinfeld
Green Acres
Newhart
The Office (early seasons)
All In The Family
Amos N Andy
Keeping Up Appearances
Married With Children
The Beverly Hillbillies
Leave It To Beaver
Wings

I've got the DVD's of Amos N Andy. That show was truly quality comedy.

Last edited:
Reactions: cadcock
Eastbound and Down!

My favorite epsodes are the ones with Will Ferrill's character , a southern car dealer dressed like Ric Flair

source.gif

After reading this thread I decided to watch a little MASH, which is my all time favorite sitcom. So I started with the pilot episode. As I often do I pulled up IMDB to read about the actors etc and came across an odd, sports related coincidence. I looked up the actor who played "Spearchucker Jones" and he turned out to be a former pro football player, Tim Brown. Apparently he played in the super bowl and NFL championship. Where the coincidence comes in is he sadly just passed away about a week ago on April 4th. It didn't name the cause of death so I assume it wasn't covid. Just found it so odd that this thread on a sports forum led me to MASH, then to look up the actor, who was a former football great, and that he just passed away a week ago.

Reactions: DrMickey
So I’m going to take a different approach here. As I read this thread I saw a bunch of shows I like (my favorites were listed already). A few I'd forgotten about and this reminded me to watch them again. On that note, here is a couple for you to watch during this shutdown.

NewsRadio
Yes,Dear

Reactions: Bad seed
All in the Family
Married With Children
Two and a Half Men (it went downhill after Charlie Sheen left)
Mash (I preferred Col Blake and Trapper to Col Potter and Honeycutt)
Big Bang Theory (early episodes - it struggled later on)

So I’m going to take a different approach here. As I read this thread I saw a bunch of shows I like (my favorites were listed already). A few I'd forgotten about and this reminded me to watch them again. On that note, here is a couple for you to watch during this shutdown.

NewsRadio
Yes,Dear

Yes, Dear was pretty good. I hated to see it end

Another show I liked was the trashy 2 Broke Girls. Kat Dennings is hawt! I'm not really a fan of girls that are big up top, but she makes it work. And I know the rules, so...

e20c08a153757d17ff706aa42c636b4b.jpg

The Office
Wings
Cheers
All in the Family
M*A*S*H*
Sanford and Son
The Jeffersons
Green Acres
Newhart
Everybody loves Raymond
Home Improvement
Last Man Standing
The Honeymooners
Parks and Rec
Frazier
I Love Lucy
Dick van Dyke
Mary Tyler Moore
Patty Duke
Mr Ed

I love them all... Favorite of that group is either The Office or Wings.

EDIT: Still missed a few I liked like Married with Children and Becker
Not sitcoms, but really enjoyed Mission Impossible, Get Smart and Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea. Should also mention Lost In Space and Star Trek,

For me, it’s Seinfeld. I could watch the reruns over and over and over.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT