ADVERTISEMENT

What was / is your favorite Sitcom of all time? I know this is going to be

Did anyone mention 'Soap'? The stuff with the dummy was classic.

Great thread. The Office, The King of Queens, That 70’s Show, Home Improvement...all of which have already been mentioned.

I used to enjoy Last Man Standing but the new Mandy is annoying as well as the Asian exchange student they got to replace Eve’s void. The show just hasn’t been all that great since it returned from being cancelled. Kyle isn’t funny anymore either but at least they’ve realized they have to get him with Ed and Mike more often. Ryan is rarely on the show it seems. I still watch it but I don’t get excited to watch it anymore, and usually feel like I wasted 22 minutes.

Great thread. The Office, The King of Queens, That 70’s Show, Home Improvement...all of which have already been mentioned.

I used to enjoy Last Man Standing but the new Mandy is annoying as well as the Asian exchange student they got to replace Eve’s void. The show just hasn’t been all that great since it returned from being cancelled. Kyle isn’t funny anymore either but at least they’ve realized they have to get him with Ed and Mike more often. Ryan is rarely on the show it seems. I still watch it but I don’t get excited to watch it anymore, and usually feel like I wasted 22 minutes.

I never watched any of That 70's Show. Wish I had but never saw one episode.

Don’t worry about being called racist for liking All in the Family. I’m a black male and I love that show, everybody in my family used to watch it back in the 70’s and we laughed our tails off! Archie Bunker was a mess, along with George Jefferson and the thing is, I knew white and black men who was like both of those guys in real life. I grew up with white kids back in the 70s, So I spent a lot of time at my friends houses, and they did at mine; So their was some racist words that flew on both sides! The funny thing though, is every white family who’s child was a friend of mine treated me like I was one of their own, and my family treated my white friends the same way! I miss those days.
im a white male and i see it the same way! i think a lot of racism is media driven. i dont see it in my everyday interactions with anybody!

The only hayseeds were gomer, goober and Ernest T- and they were depicted as good at heart.

the ones depicted with less than redeeming qualities were the out of town big city folks. They were always too smart for their own good.

and don’t forget, most of that cast was made up of southern or small town midwestern types: Andy- North Carolina, Don Knotts- West Virginia, George Lindsey- Alabama, , Jim Nabors- Alabama, Francis Bavier- Borrn In Manhattan but retired to Siler City, NC, Betty Lynn- Missouri, Aneta Coursant- Kansas

You left out Barney, Floyd and Aunt Bee. That leaves Andy and Opey. Did you really watch that show? I guess good actors can play good roles no matter where they are from. If Tom Cruze can play Jack Reacher anything is possible on the screen.

Family Matters, Wings, Full House, Saved by the Bell, Fresh Prince, Home Improvement and Boy Meets World

Last edited:
a generalization thing but it will be fun to see the differences in likes for TV Sitcoms for different generations.

Going way back I have to start with

Father Knows Best
Leave it to Beaver
moving forward in no particular order
Sanford and Son
All in the Family
Frazier
Home Improvement
Goldbergs
Schooled
Friends

I'm leaving out a lot but I feel sure many of you will add a lot to the list.

a generalization thing but it will be fun to see the differences in likes for TV Sitcoms for different generations.

Going way back I have to start with

Father Knows Best
Leave it to Beaver
moving forward in no particular order
Sanford and Son
All in the Family
Frazier
Home Improvement
Goldbergs
Schooled
Friends

I'm leaving out a lot but I feel sure many of you will add a lot to the list.

How about this guy?

iu

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT